IGNORED

Which golfer would you be???

Birdie
Note: This thread is 6408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who would you be?!?!?

• Tiger Woods
    • John Daly
    • Sergio Garcia
    • Adam Scott
    • Vijay Singh
    • Phil Mickleson
    • Geoff Ogilvy
    • Jim Furyk
    • Luke Donald
    • Ernie Els
    • Ratief Goosen
    • Mike Weir
    • JB Holmes
    • Ian Poulter
    • Davis Love III

If you could have the game of any of these pro's who would it be??? Take their equipment into account as well....

In My Bag

Driver: Titlesit 905T (10.5 dgreees) - Aldila NV65 Reg Flex Shaft (Green)
3-Wood: Mizuno F50 (15 degrees) - Aldila NV65 Red Flex Shaft (Pink)
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Duel (19 degrees/3iron)Irons: Nike Pro Combo 4-PWSand Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design SM58.08Gap Wedge:Titleist Vokey Design...

Better question would be... taking into account their equipment and relative style of play, which golfer are you most like?

Even though he's not on there, I think I'm more like Chris DiMarco... except for that annoying fade he hits. We're both PING boys.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

• Administrator
Better question would be... taking into account their equipment and relative style of play, which golfer are you most like?

I agree that's the better question. Otherwise the question is "Hmmm, would I rather be the guy with twelve majors and Elin Nordegren as my wife or someone else.... tough one!"

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree that's the better question. Otherwise the question is "Hmmm, would I rather be the guy with twelve majors and Elin Nordegren as my wife or someone else.... tough one!"

hehe that was the question i was thinking of.

Personally i picked Sergio, cause i think i'd look good in tight yellow shirts ;).

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

I am definitely like John Daly. I can hit it far and can play some great golf (for myself) on some days, and then on other days my game is just not with me. Plus I feel I have alot of potential but something is keeping me from being as good as I can be. Keep in mind Im talking about on the golf course. Off the course we are nothing alike.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

As Erik says, Tiger is the obvious choice.......but

I went for Luke Donald. I just love the way he swings, and his iron play is excellent. Probably the only downside to his game is his lack of length. Maybe he needs to get in the gym and "beef up" a bit - kinda like Villegas has done.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Birdie, these are all good choices but i'm going to go a different route and say if i was choosing a golfer to be it would be Payne Stewart. Just thought you might like to know my choice

ZEBRA

Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Aldila RIP Phenom

Callaway RAZR fit 3 wood Avixcore 69 series

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch SB-1 DS 4-PW R+ C-Taper

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

Sergio Garcia. I just love the way he plays the game. He's just got to feel his putts more. Anyways, he's just the best ball striker of our time.

I wouldn't ever want to switch places with anyone if I WAS Tiger Woods but the fact that he can't leave his house without being bombarded I'm sure starts to wear on a guy.

I picked Adam Scott, he can still probably go to the movies and not get too much attention, plus it's not like he's broke. He might now have a $40m mansion like Tiger but his bills are paid.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

well voted and then read the question in the post...so i have to change what i voted.

my dad and his golfing group would say i'm like the pre-major winner, phil. get in trouble and try to do too big of shot instead of playing safe. can't say i dont' disagree with them, like tin cup said about a defining moment, "either you define the moment or the moment defines you" and i didn't come out here to lay up attitude. i'm always attacking even if my game doesn't really amount to that mentality but that is how i always played sports.

if i could have any golfers game: it would be a tie between adam scott and ernie els. even if they aren't playing their best i still love watching them play. i honestly wouldn't walk a tourney to see phil or tiger. i'd follow one of these guys around. maybe someday i can make a tourney where they are paired and i wouldn't have to try and jump around the course.

i'd second the motion for payne stewart. he is one of my heroes and not just with his golf game.

Titleist 905T Driver
Golden Bear 3/5 Wood
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW
Mizuno MP T 51* Black Ni GW
Cleveland 588 56* SWScotty Cameron Red X2 putterA&M Campus Course, Woodhollow (Longview, TX), Bryan Muni

I have three golfers that I really like. Phil well for the main reason hes left handed (iam also) Davis Love III because of how classy he is, everything about him reminds me of golf for some reason. But then the best choice that is not up there Payne Stewart, His swing was effortless, his attitude was great, he had great joy in life and loved life and his family. (that was when he actually became humble and started living for something other then himself) His book was great.
Eh thats my opinion.

• 1 month later...
I tried to keep this golf related as in swing etc. and not consider Tiger's gorgeous wife as that would sway my choice. I always loved Ernie's easy powerful swing and so I chose "the big easy" for that reason. If I could swing like that I would be the happiest golfer on the planet. Tiger's swing scares the c**p out of me. How he can repeat that is really something.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

As Erik says, Tiger is the obvious choice.......but

Have to agree with Xt1nct...his swing and ball striking are within reach and "not a freak of nature." He also possesses the demeanour fitting of a world class golfer.

Vancouver, BC CANADA

Driver: 905T 9.5 deg
Fairway Woods: 904F 15 & 19 deg.
Hybrid: FLI-HI CLK 21 deg.Irons: MP-60Wedges: Vokey 52/8, SM 56/14 & SM 60/4Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Bag: S64 StaffBall: NXT Tour

tiger sure.. but Goosen now he is a good guy everything about says class.. and its not like hes broke either..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I actually picked Vijay.

I don't look anything like him, I'm from a cool climate, and I don't really act much like him (or play for that matter).

I guess I picked him because I think he's truly a hard working guy. In reading about his past, you get the idea he has worked -really- hard in an environment that didn't harbour golf that well. He did not come from a priviledged background and I think his work ethic is second to none.

He may come off as abrasive in interviews but I'm sure that's not the 'real' Vijay. I like the guy and find his swing a beautiful thing to watch. I also admire his mental toughness. I don't think anything rattles this guy. I may suck as a golfer, but even I can learn from that.

(Plus, like Vijay, I'm an older player (36) and I'd like to think if I keep lifting weights, doing workouts, etc, that I will be able to play well into old age.)

Colin

WITB:
Driver: SUMO 10.5* w/Stock Shaft R
Wood: X-3 15*Hybrids: Slingshot 3 @20* Graphite RIrons: Slingshot OSS 4-AW Graphite RWedge: CG11 52* and 56* Putter: G5i UG-LEBall: One Black -or- Juice. Still experimenting.

I voted Luke Donald, I just love his play. I wouldn't wanna be Tiger, because sometimes the media would be too much. I'd love his tournament wins, but the media would be too much. I'd like to be a guy who wins a few tournaments and isn't always in the papers for it.

gotta be Tiger Woods!!!
The worlds number one player!!
s***loads of cash!!
icon to millions!!!
Fit Chick!!
Nice guy!!!
Tremendous house!!
All the golf equipment for zero!!!

yeah all this is great, but is he happy!!!!!
I KNOW I WOULD BE!!!!!

Note: This thread is 6408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!