IGNORED

Official 2010 Masters Thread

Alex B
Note: This thread is 5138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Paddy or Ernie are my picks. AK could be in the mix also.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions for Masters week:

Skate out of work early Thursday and Friday even though I've been watching the tournament at my desk with headphones anyway.

Throw down a 'Golf Pros and Tiger's Hoes' party Saturday while we're watching golf where all the guys dress as Sunday Tiger and all the women dress.. well whatever. Get drunk on Arnold Palmers in the spirit of the week of course before going out.

Sunday... recover, hope I'm not in trouble at work, and enjoy the best Sunday of the year.

Steve Stricker wins. Tiger is somewhere around 15th but posts a low round one of the days and reminds everyone that their days are numbered.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Throw down a 'Golf Pros and Tiger's Hoes' party Saturday while we're watching golf where all the guys dress as Sunday Tiger and all the women dress.. well whatever. Get drunk on Arnold Palmers in the spirit of the week of course before going out.

This is a fantastic idea, except it's on Saturday. How does Tiger dress on Saturday? For Sunday's party, we can do what I do when I'm watching Sunday of a tournament and Tiger's in contention: black pants, red golf shirt.

Also, I'm not sure you can get drunk on Arnold Palmers. You need a Trevino or a Daly.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am really going out on a limb and saying that Tiger is around the 20's. I want to put my money on Ernie Ells, I like the guy and he has been putting on a very good show this year. I also would like to see Jeoff Ogilve do good along with Anthony Kim, but I still think Kim needs a few more seasons under his belt before he will be a good contender for his first Masters. As far as My good friend Phil goes (a fellow lefty heh…) I just don’t think his head is in the game, how badly I wish I could put my money on him but I just don’t see it happening. I am thinking he will be just like TW is right now, in the 20’s, but only because of a awesome short game.

I work a lot so I will be extremely happy if I can watch the masters… does anyone know a good website that is broadcasting it? Or at least a very up to date progress report website?

I work a lot so I will be extremely happy if I can watch the masters… does anyone know a good website that is broadcasting it? Or at least a very up to date progress report website?

Masters.org , my friend. Live video streams of featured groups, and each player as he negotiates Amen Corner (11-12-13). And, of course, up-to-the-minute scoring.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

i'd like to see poulter have a good run

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

Paddy or Ernie are my picks. AK could be in the mix also.

Ernie is my sentimental pick, but I like Paddy too. Westwood has been playing pretty well so he might be a factor.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

In a way this is the Daytona 500 for Golf. The golf season officially begins when the week at Augusta. The Master's is not a full field tournament by design. I am a fan of the course and not necessarily the participants. I know that Tiger Woods is an idol for many fans but to me he is an entertainer playing a game that I like. I guess I don't really care about his personal life or any other entertainer's life. Just play the game. When I started playing the game of golf, the professionals were not allowed in the club house with the members and were allowed into the locker room to pick up shoes and clubs for cleaning. Professionals are not my idol. I can never be that talented but in the same token, a golf professional might not be able to do what we have done for a living. Its just a game. More famous than the participants is the golf course. Outstandingly beautiful and ample dangerous opportunities. The difference is that a Daytona a mistake could cost one's life and at Augusta is just a lose of money. I don't idolize NASCAR drivers either. They are entertainers.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Looking at the Thursday tee times, I thought of an interesting topic for discussion:

If you had a pass to the Masters, and decided to follow a group, which would you follow? I'm looking at a few groups that look great, such as the 10:13 group of Els, Kim, and Ishikawa. If I got bored, or they weren't doing anything, the group behind has Cabrera, Furyk, and the U.S. Amateur champ. And the group behind them has Phil, Allenby, and Yang. Also good looking are Kenny, Camilo, and McIlroy. Cink, Harrington, and Charl are towards the back, and the final group is three players in a slump, each of whom I would like to see succeed.

I guess another fun topic would be to ask where you would situate yourself on the course if you had a pass and chose to do that for watching.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

If you had a pass to the Masters, and decided to follow a group, which would you follow?

Els, Kim, Ishikawa.....and then in the afternoon I would jump on Scott, Duval, Barnes (which has serious train wreck capability...and maybe even a surprise contender)

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I'm thinking Paddy and Tiger coming down to the wire. I think Phil will have the low round of the week but not get it all hooked up. Cabrerra is a flat out gamer in the big ones and should be a factor. Paddy playing a pretty full schedule on US turf this year makes me think he is going to hook up the engine to the pavement this week.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Looking at the Thursday tee times, I thought of an interesting topic for discussion:

The first good group Thursday morning is Kaymer/Ogilvy/Donald. I'd follow them for nine holes, then stay near the clubhouse for a while until the groups teeing off at the 10:00 hour make the turn. Then, I'd follow any of the Els/Kim/Ishikawa, Cabrera/An/Furyk, Mickelson/Allenby/Yang, or Goosen/Mahan/Karlsson groups to 16, where hopefully a good late-starting group is reaching the adjacent sixth at the same time. I'd follow that group back to the ninth, then find a place near the 18th green to stay for the rest of the afternoon.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

OK -- is it just me, or is the Masters website (Masters.org) crashing for everyone trying to use it?

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

OK -- is it just me, or is the Masters website (Masters.org) crashing for everyone trying to use it?

Had a problem loading the tee times yesterday, but everything is working for me today.

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Els/AK/Ishikawa, then the last couple hours of Perry/Camilo/Mcilroy

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Administrator
What channel is covering this live first thing tomorrow morning?

None. Coverage starts at 4pm. I think ESPN is allowed to break into coverage to show Tiger's first tee shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!