IGNORED

Lee Westwood is my new hero

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, that was a crazy finish. I just got back from Southwind and baking in the sun all day. We were just walking back from the 18th green in the direction of 18 tee box toward our car after seeing Westwood and Slocum finish and thinking it was over, we wanted to beat traffic. We were halfway around the fairway when we saw Garrigus hit into the trees. We didnt know, at the time, he already hit his drive in the water so we stopped and watched him triple out for the tie.

^^^^

Lucky!!!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too was pleased to see Westwood win - the guy has been playing great golf and has had a lot of near misses in recent years. In that sense, despite the gift of a "Van De Velde" he received from the leader on 18, he earned it.

As for Garrigus, I think he will learn one important thing from today's tournament: On a really hot day, he should wear dark trousers.

We just have a poor dental care service. But hey, healthcare is free here! So while you guys spend and spend on healthcare, we don't pay a thing!

there's no such thing as a free lunch, don't be fooled. just look at your parents' tax returns.

We just have a poor dental care service. But hey, healthcare is free here! So while you guys spend and spend on healthcare, we don't pay a thing!

Billy,

Please try to ignore FatPhil. Most American's aren't ignorant douche bags.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I too was pleased to see Westwood win - the guy has been playing great golf and has had a lot of near misses in recent years. In that sense, despite the gift of a "Van De Velde" he received from the leader on 18, he earned it.

Yeah, that was some serious swampass.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

there's no such thing as a free lunch, don't be fooled. just look at your parents' tax returns.

or there lack of.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I stopped watching when Garrigus birdied the last par five figuring it was over. It was to my surprise when I turned it back on to see them on the third playoff hole. I am really glad Westwood won; he is classy and I hope this brings on great things for him.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I noticed on the pgatour site WW isn't officially exempt or however you want to say it and not in the running for the FedEx, or correct me if I'm wrong. With such a good year, can he officially "join" and qualify for the FedEx cup?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel for Garrigus....that was difficult to watch. That said, I am hopeful that he can remember his own words after overcoming drug/alcohol abuse, when he basically said nothing on the golf course really matters after you go through what I did in rehab to change my life.....

Please just remember the big picture here Robert -- and remember this tournament as some very, very solid play and a lesson learned -- keep plugging along and it will happpen for you.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

hope he takes his second place money and drops 5 grand on getting braces and his teeth fixed...god he looked like a hillbilly or at worst a Brit.

What an example of class. Pure class. First, you think it's better to look "nice" than to excel at your vocation/profession. Second, you come out with insults like that. Well done, I bet your parents are proud of you. Come to think of it, maybe they are....

Ummm. I pay. It's called taxes. It's also not "free at the point of service" either despite what the politicians like to have you believe. I don't begrudge it though as I'd rather we had the NHS than not, for all it's faults.

Indeed.

On topic. Go Lee! That's a recent monkey off the back. Role on the 3 remaining Majors.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On topic. Go Lee! That's a recent monkey off the back. Role on the 3 remaining Majors.

I've had a really good feeling about Lee Westwood all season - he's on the verge of going on a Padraig like tear - hope he comes through!! Unfortunately this win will always be linked with someone else's meltdown, but that's how a lot of guys have won majors in the past - "last man standing" isn't just a cliche.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've been rooting for Westwood for a while now, you sensed that he's really believed in his chances lately even though he didn't quite pull it off a few times. True british grit and all that. Now he's gone and done it - bravo Lee!

But Lee old chap .... why did you pick the Sunday I get stuck in the slowest, most irritating round of my golfing career to pull it off? I'd rather have been drinking beer at home watching you get your just reward than waiting around for those old fogies to make their shots (my 3 partners, I was a walk-on single). Don't get me wrong, I'm getting to be an old fogey myself, but that doesn't mean you have to stand around chatting and making "jokes" instead of taking care of business. Almost five hours out there in the heat - ridiculous.
\vent

Well done m'lad, very well done. And what style at the last, way to show 'em!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I agree with the others who posted that it is nice to see redemption-----Lee had such a bad slump and hung in there, and now holds the winner's trophy as his reward. Too often a player who loses his game cannot regain it. Lee is the exception, rather than the rule. There is hope for all of us!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• 4 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 5046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!