IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

None, but I only missed my inches once. 175 yd. It was windy and I wanted to keep the ball low, so I took a nice relaxed swing with the 5 iron. We watched the ball roll left of the hole by inches, and stop just inches past it. I actually caught the fringe and it just rolled right towards the hole.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

Yea, " FX " it was nuts. Lucky for him we weren't old enough to drink back then. It would have been an expensive round for him.

BAG UNDER 4 inferno red/white
DRIVER TOUR SS 310 BETA TITANIUM 10.5
3-WOOD SZ HYPER STEEL
HYBRID 503 H 19*
IRONS TA7 WEDGES OIL CAN 52 AND 56 PUTTER M4-L

Never had one, like many of the people on here. but I do have a question. Does your quest for the "1" make you angry when you read stories about children and blind people hitting aces? I usually feel good for them, but at the same time, envious.

Closest I ever came has been about 18" , but about 6 years ago i got an eagle from 180 yards out...nothing close since then..LOL...

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

I've been seriously playing for about 13 years. I came close several times, a few of which I remember vividly:

* A short par 3 very early in my playing career, maybe 135 yards, my tee shot landed, and stop dead, about two inches from the hole.

* Downhill par 3 in New Hampshire, landed right over the flag and came rolling back, just peeked at the right edge before finishing about 2' under the hole

* 14th hole at Bella Vista in Pennsylvania, a newly constructed island green. Played about 150 or so, and hit a cut 9-iron exactly how I wanted, I loved just seeing the shot fly. When it landed, the spin started to move it to the right, toward the flag, and it checked and settle about a foot away. I took a pic:

* An impressive par 3 in California, 13th at Hiddenbrooke, about 165-170, way downhill and over a huge ravine. Hit it a mile high, landed about three feet away and spun directly toward the cup, but stopped about 18" away. I took pics:

I finally got my first in the most bizarre round of my life (I posted about it on here). In addition to my card including eagle, birdie, par, bogey, double, triple and quad, I also nailed an ace. 162 yards, downhill, 8-iron. I was actually aiming for left half safe, but pushed the shot. It landed JUST over a bunker in front, the back of which formed a large mound at the edge of the green. My ball landed on the mound and immediately hopped left because of it, and made a beeline the remaining, oh, 15' straight into the cup.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Never had an ace. Best I've done is left one 6" from the cup. I three putted. Kidding. Was a nice 135 yard shot, elevated tee box, over water. Green was a little wet and I tend to hit a high shot. The ball went way up and THUD! - 6" inches away. Not even a little roll on the ball..

Second best is this past Monday I left one about 2 feet away.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Never had one, like many of the people on here. but I do have a question. Does your quest for the "1" make you angry when you read stories about children and blind people hitting aces? I usually feel good for them, but at the same time, envious.

It just reinforces the reality that making an ace is just pure, dumb luck. A better player may give himself more chances at making an ace because he hits more precise iron shots, but actually dropping one into the hole is still just a lucky break. I would never consider myself a better golfer just beause I have 2 aces and the next guy has only one or none. I just happened to hit a couple of lucky shots.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

last june, par 3 206, downhill with a slight wind behind me. i nutted a six iron high into the air, came down with one bounce, and disappeared into the hole.

206 with a 6 iron??? what club was it before you applied internet club distnaces?

and to contribute to the thread, never an ace but have eagled a par 4, hit a good drive down the right side of the fairway, was about 115-125 out hit a pw, took a bounce and went right in the hole.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

206 with a 6 iron??? what club was it before you applied internet club distnaces?

He did say down hill? I have hit off elevated greens from 175 with an 8 iron. When your that high up the ball travels a little bit further than normal.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

He did say down hill? I have hit off elevated greens from 175 with an 8 iron. When your that high up the ball travels a little bit further than normal.

Depending on the slope, the ball will not only carry farther but also have a much more favorable role. A ball dropping relatively straight that would have only rolled a couple yards can easily roll an extra 7-10 yards if it lands going downhill.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

i shall believe it when i see it.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

0 aces here. This is the closest I've been to made my fisrt hole in one, it was a pretty cool shot haha! It was something around a month ago.

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

i shall believe it when i see it.

Why do you have to see that to believe it? I thought it was pretty obvious that downhill, with the wind behind you, you would not only get more carry, but also more bounce and rolling?

Ben

Not that it matters in this thread, but a ball hit to a downhill green will actually get less roll, not more. The approach angle is more vertical because of the lower elevation.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Never had an Ace, but have come very close a half a dozen times. It is pure luck if you make one. Maybe I should buy a rabbit's foot.

It is pure luck if you make one.

Never had one... but I disagree. There may be SOME luck involved... but it's anything BUT pure luck. You have to have a lot of skill to just get the ball going in the right direction... let alone compensating for spin, wind, green undulation. That's all skill. If you hit a shot that bounces off a tree, clicks on the cartpath then ricochets off a rake and falls in to the hole... THAT is pure luck. A well struck shot that you hole out... NOT pure luck.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

I have not had one yet but I have had two lip out around the cup, one on a 176yd and one on a 129yd hole, on both occasions we thought it had gone in but it was sitting up about an inch or so on the back of the hole behind the pin.

A friend I know in the UK had 13 hole in ones on 13 different courses and each hole was hole number 13, apparently he was in the Guinness book of Records for it, his name was Don McGrae (I think I spelt it right LOL)

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

0 aces here in 22 years of playing off and on.

I've determined that I'd rather have a double eagle than an ace anyways so I'm shooting for that

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!