IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE=IcemanYVR;454715With Pete Carrol leaving I'm not sure in which direction the program will be heading.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, looks like they are heading way down.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...from-bowl-play

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll Tide!! Seriously, it's going to be very tough to repeat after losing 9 starters on defense. However, the offense is loaded and if the defense will come around it is possible. Because I am a homer, I'm going to pick Alabama vs. Ohio State for all the marbles in 2010.

I'll have to stick with Bama, too. Got the confidence in their offense. I don't think it will be an undefeated season this year, but I believe we'll see them holding up the trophy when it all said and done.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

as bad as i hate to say it, being a huge gators fan, Alabama will probably do it again

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Ohio State over Alabama, they're just simply going to be the 2 best teams, though I think bama will have a tougher time going unbeaten having to beat florida and lsu, both will be good. Ohio State if they stay focused shouldnt have any trouble running the table in the Big Ten.

Isn't Ohio State like 0-9 against SEC teams?

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

In a prefect world I will say Michigan State. Kirk Cousins and Greg Jones will lead the way. Realistically.... Alabama (I hate Nick Saban why did you leave MSU) I think they lost a lot but I feel they will still be very strong.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

Ohio State over Alabama, they're just simply going to be the 2 best teams, though I think bama will have a tougher time going unbeaten having to beat florida and lsu, both will be good. Ohio State if they stay focused shouldnt have any trouble running the table in the Big Ten.

If they get by Iowa they wont lose to any other team. Iowas D-line is best in the nation

BAG:Nike ExtremeSport 2
DRIVERTaylormade R11
WOODAdamsgolf Insight
IRONSMizuno MX-100's
WEDGEPing 60 & Mizuno MP R Series 56 PUTTERSeemore FGPLOWEST 9:36LOWEST18:74

• 4 weeks later...
I'll agree with you on that one. I went to the A Day game, and the defense held their own, especially the d-line. I think they'll be fine as the season goes on. We have so much depth now that we haven't had in the last 10 years or so, so with a little luck we should be competing for SEC championships and the occasional national championship.

What really concerned me at the A-Day game was our punting. I think special teams is going to be a real issue, since our kicker, punter (holder) and long snapper are all gone. If we need a 45 yard field goal, that a whole lot of inexperienced hands (and a foot) to deal with that pressure.

Of course, with Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson in the backfield, perhaps we won't have to punt or kick field goals. :)

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To all the SEC Hater’s out there….Yes, we do not always play the strongest out of conference schedule out there, but I challenge you to find a conference with a stronger “out of conference” post season bowl schedules…and we really good at those. In the last four or five years big wins against FSU, Texas, VaTech….and several against Ohio State, all of which were on the biggest stages with the most pressure possible. So that argument is a regurgitated attempt to minimize great accomplishments by bitter and jealous fans. And I don’t want to hear about we get all the favorable knocks, look at Auburn a few years back, left out of a NC game they deserved, and we watched a average Sooner crew get manhandled by a Cheating USC squad (I know, I know it wasn’t USC’s fault and it goes on at every school)

And Boise State…I have heard the Bronco Hype before. I remember we played an undefeated powerhouse with a Heisman candidate QB a few years ago. He threw 5 picks and had nervous breakdown before halftime and ran off the field, never to be seen again that day. So excuse me if I hold judgment.

Now, I am a UGA fan and I would love to see something…but I am realistic and would just like to see improvement and defense that could at least hold off the girl scout flag football team (also known as Vanderbilt).

Florida is going to be tough (go figure), Bama is good but the stars are stacked against them with teams have bye weeks before them. Texas hinges on there QB. As Garrett goes, so does Texas. Ohio State, will trip up somewhere along the way but they will be there as well…However lets see what comes of the agent party debacle and the NCAA.

Heisman, if media darling Tebow does not repeat, I find it hard anyone will. But my top three would be Ingram, Dion Lewis at Pitt and Ryan Mallet at Arkansas. With my dark horse being AJ Green, from Georgia.

Thanks ans have a nice Day!!!!

To all the SEC Hater’s out there….Yes, we do not always play the strongest out of conference schedule out there, but I challenge you to find a conference with a stronger “out of conference” post season bowl schedules…and we really good at those. In the last four or five years big wins against FSU, Texas, VaTech….and several against Ohio State, all of which were on the biggest stages with the most pressure possible. So that argument is a regurgitated attempt to minimize great accomplishments by bitter and jealous fans. And I don’t want to hear about we get all the favorable knocks, look at Auburn a few years back, left out of a NC game they deserved, and we watched a average Sooner crew get manhandled by a Cheating USC squad (I know, I know it wasn’t USC’s fault and it goes on at every school)

Tebow is in the NFL???? I agree with Dion Lewis and Ingram but Mallet and Green are both dark horses they generally never win. I like Texas this year because that freshman QB certainly showed he can play in the NC. Bama is also going to be very tough and they do play PSU but they are in a down year.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

ClubChamp...I am well aware that Tebow is in the NFL. I was making the point that if Tebow, being the media darling he was, could not repeat I found it difficult that anyone will.

Gotta go with Ohio State IF Tressel allows them to play the same style of game that they did in the Rose Bowl last year.

EXACTLY. ohio state FTW!!! terrelle pryor has improved a lot this year and we got a lot of our starters last year along with some good young recruits. We got a pretty easy schedule except for the U which we will pound in "the shoe" iowa and wisconsin on the road and thats about it.

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Driver
TaylorMade R9 3 Wood
Callaway FT-IZ 3 Hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 3 irons- pitching wedge
Tommy Armour 56 degree Sand WedgeTitleist Bob Vokey 60 degree Lob WedgeRed Nike BagNike GloveNike/Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls

EXACTLY. ohio state FTW!!! terrelle pryor has improved a lot this year and we got a lot of our starters last year along with some good young recruits. We got a pretty easy schedule except for the U which we will pound in "the shoe" iowa and wisconsin on the road and thats about it.

Hopefully OSU does well and gets in a good bowl or plays for the NC. Whatever ends up happening, if they play an SEC team at seasons end, I hope they stomp them into the ground. That'll be the only way OSU gains any respect back. They're still a solid football team any way you look at it, regardless of what the haters say, but they gotta get a win against an SEC team.

ClubChamp...I am well aware that Tebow is in the NFL. I was making the point that if Tebow, being the media darling he was, could not repeat I found it difficult that anyone will.

Being the "media darling" makes you a favorite to repeat, it doesn't really help you to actually do it.... I'm not a huge Tebow fan because he just wasn't that great -- he had a lot of good players and was a great leader but you have to have the great skills to go with it. None of that changes that he was, in fact, the media darling. But that hardly makes him more likely, just because the media loves him, to repeat. In fact it makes it less likely. So you're argument that "Because Tim couldn't do it - after all, he was the media darling - no body will" ridiculous and fallible.

I'd like a repeat champ so everyone will stop getting all hard about Texas.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

KD...You are kidding yourself if you think the Heisman is much more than a popularity contest, and it always has been. My evidence, '97 I think, Manning was clearly the best player in the country. The media didn't like him, so they threw player after player against him, and they all failed to measure up. They finally locked in on Charles Woodsen, and hyped him...and what do you know, Woodsen takes the hardware.
It is a media award, about 60%-70% of the voters are media writers. I would like a repeat winner, so I dont have to listen to the Archie Griffen fact anymore.

UGA better worry bout second game of the year against USC. Bout time for the cocks to win that one again. On paper, they have the best team they have had in 20 years

909D Comp 10.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 Stiff
CB2 3 Wood 15* Graphite Design X-Quad 68 Gram Stiff
906F2 5 Wood 18* Aldila NV 75-S
Idea Pro 20* Hybrid Matrix Ozik Altus Stiff
J36 Cavity Back 4-PW Project X 6.0 52* & 58* CG12 DSG DGS300Anser X 33.5"B330S

I love Gamecock fans...you could go 0-13 and still be National Championship contenders the following season. On the flip side, no one can accuse ya'll of being fair weather fans!!!

USC lost their biggest threat in that TE Weslye Saunders. Garcia is a joke...I just want to see Lattimore, I wonder how the "game -cock in the visor" messes that up.

Oh yea....GO DAWGS!

I wanna see how good lattimore is too. Saunders is good but he aint great. He could still play. Alshon Jeffery will have more catches and td's than Green this year. Thats a lock. He had just as many TD's and almost as many catches as a freshman, and didnt even play in the first 3 games. lol UGA doesn't have a QB. Could be a great game as usual, but I think USC will be a little too good for them this year.

909D Comp 10.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 Stiff
CB2 3 Wood 15* Graphite Design X-Quad 68 Gram Stiff
906F2 5 Wood 18* Aldila NV 75-S
Idea Pro 20* Hybrid Matrix Ozik Altus Stiff
J36 Cavity Back 4-PW Project X 6.0 52* & 58* CG12 DSG DGS300Anser X 33.5"B330S

Note: This thread is 4716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!