IGNORED

what wedges are in your bag?

Note: This thread is 4980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to use the PW that came with my set (47*) and added a 52*, 56* and 60* for a while, mostly only using the 52* and 56*. Sometimes a 60* lob wedge can be a great companion, but it is also so easy to hit a fat ball with, that I tend to trade it in for a 58*

Maybe I will opt for 2 wedges in future 52* and 58* only .....

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how you like your bag setup...
For me I have a fair few extra clubs that I put in depending on the leanth and the amount of times im going to be needing to use the clubs.

I have My usually bag set up is Driver, 3,5 wood. 3-P, 56, 60.
But I also have these clubs at home aswell. 19, 21 Hybird, 2 Iron, 52 Wedge, 64 Wedge.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

45* cobra PW
54,60 Vokey's.

I hit the PW 100-110m (110-120 yards) and the SW from 60-90m (66-100 yards).

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The wedges along with degree have bounce.

52/06
56/11
60/07

I play Mizuno wedges

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

50, 54, 58 Nickent, and my Burner Plus AW (50). Working on learning the new Nickents before I have them fitted. After the fitting I'll likely drop the Burner AW.

47° PW Mizuno MP-57
52° Mizuno MP T-10
55° Mizuno MP T-10 (bent from 56°)
58° Mizuno MP T-10

I am thinking about dropping the 58 and getting a 50.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

47° PW Mizuno MP-57

why?

how big is the gap between 47* and 52*? it'll make the 52* redundant.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I carry a GW (50) 58, 64. I wouldn't mind carrying a 54 but I don't have many issues with the in between my 58 and 50. I can hit my 58 right at 95 and my 50 115. It is a big gap in distance but I like what I am carrying and don't want to drop a iron or buy another wedge.

Brian

I've got a 46º PW, 56º SW and a 62º Lob wedge. I'm having some trouble with the 62, and I'm thinking about swapping my current SW and Lob to a 52º GW and 58º SW.

I've got a 46º PW, 56º SW and a 62º Lob wedge. I'm having some trouble with the 62, and I'm thinking about swapping my current SW and Lob to a 52º GW and 58º SW.

Go for it!!

That's two 6 degree gaps - allow for some creativity without second guessing yourself on club selection - try to get a 52' that's good from the sand though (not a Titleist fanboy, but the Vokeys fit the bill here).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My wedges (normal bag setup)
PW: 48°/7 (part of DCI 962 set): 110-120 yards
GW: 51°/10 (Snake Eyes): 105-115 yards, but more bounce than PW
SW: 56°/11 (Vokey SM): max 105
LW: 60°/4 (Cleveland BeCu): max 85

I waffle between carrying the GW and not, there are a couple of shots at my local club that are just dialed in for that particular club and I'm very confident as a result, which helps out. I might bend it up to 52° to give me a bit more of a classic 4° spacing, though it's obviously more about the actual distance gaps than it is the number on the sole. I need to re-establish those gaps at a suitable location here in the near future, given that my distances have changed lately thanks to working on my swing.
Bag TM Micro Lite|Driver TM r7 LTD|3W Titleist 906F4|Hybrid Callaway FT3|Irons Titleist DCI 962 Black|SW Vokey Spin Milled 56°|LW Cleveland Byron Nelson 50th - BeCu|Putter Rossa Indy Tour|Ball ProV1

I have a 50 degree Dunlop Powerlift PW. I could probably hit about 75 yards with it, probably 85 on a good day.

Also, I'm looking to get a nice sand wedge. Any suggestions?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I carry a 50 degree Cobra Gap Wedge and a 54 degree and 58 degree Cleveland CG14. The 54 is without a doubt my favorite club in the bag. The Clevelands are great clubs. Great feel from the fairway and the bunkers.

I also hear that Callaway sand wedges are pretty good also

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I've got the standard pitching wedge that came with my iron set along with a low-bounce 52 and high-bounce 56.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Note: This thread is 4980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!