IGNORED

What's Your Best Club?

Note: This thread is 5108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Best is relative here-I might be more accurate with the 6 or 7 iron, but I'm still not where I'm as consistent as I should be. So, for the time being the BEST CLUB honor goes to my 3 Hybrids/5Woods: Callaway Heavenwood 20* and Wilson Staff FYbrid 19.5*. Easy to hit, easy to hit high, easy to hit far, easy to choke down on and hit high or low and less far. Plus, they're both really fun. I'm getting to where I really look forward to certain shots from 175-235 with enthusiasm, cause they call for one of the fun sticks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best (i.e. most expensive) club is my driver. My favourite (this week) is a tie between my 4-iron and my 56* wedge.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The putter. My primary putter is a Lynx USA #6 that was my father's for years. It's a Zing style blade putter, black with yellow sight lines. I use it for the most part, on regular greens and mini golf courses. My super fast green putter is a Taylormade TPA XIV, which is a heel shafted putter that has a larger grip. It's a touch heavier, and it is better for the shorter stroke needed for faster greens. My third putter is for slow greens, it's also got a fat grip, but it's very hard to hit center and it's milled, so it rolls the ball a lot farther. It's a Dynacraft DC-15, essentially a Scotty Cameron type of putter.

Yesterday it was my Mizzy 51 that is bent to 50, Sunday it was my Mizzy 58 was wet and soft and was playing lawn darts from 50 yards in...... But Ive been extraordinarily straight with the driver latelty and Its a lot easier to score when you're not playing a punch shot from the trees on every hole. Its a toss up

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

It's a toss-up between my 3 wood and my 10 iron. The 10i is essentially a 44* PW (My PW is 48*), but I've ended up with tons of practice with the thing... 135 yards is about the right range for it, and I end up there fairly often.

3w I just love to hit. Straighter than the driver with negligible loss of distance on average. I've given it a pretty good ride off the fairway, too.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

I would say right now it's a toss up between my 54* and driver. I feel very confident from 125-->in with the 54* and love the check I get around the greens with it. However, when my driver is on, my entire game seems to change for the better.

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

Even though Im a new golfer, the 6 Iron has always been my favorite/best, when all clubs would fail me, the 6i is always working. At 80% I always hit it straight, contact feels amazing, and consistantly landing it around 120yds, (My PW would be the next most consistant)

Manchester United. Oh, you mean golf club?

I guess it'd be my 8 iron.

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

For me that'd be a tie between my 60º wedge and my 8 iron. The wedge was a b*tch at the beginning but now it's like a best friend. The 8 iron is my go to club when I lose timing and need to quiet myself down and hit solid, it brings my confidence back.

Since no reference was made to a particular club (driver, fairway wood, iron, etc.), I have four clubs to mention. Wilson Smooth 9* driver (290~320 yards), Wilson Staff Goose-Neck 8 iron (170 Yards), Wilson Staff J.P Custom Grind PW (110 yards), Tayormade Cb3 balanced putter.

Mine would have to be my 60* wedge. I used to hate that thing, but now... id go to war with that bad boy.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Manchester United. Oh, you mean golf club?

Ha! I like Man U also.

Does anyone have a favourite club in general, regardless of the brand name?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Mine has got to be the putter, I got a sweet as #7 Odyssey White Hot XG & I love it. Had the choice between new putter or driver & went putter route first. May never replace it actually!

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

3 wood and 8 iron, both are very reliable and I feel confident hitting them.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bestest club 6 iron,can get a really good strike with it 95% of the time(150/160yrds)

worst club is my 9i cant hit sh** with it lol.....

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Ive been hitting all kinds of nifty shots with my 52 degree wedge latley. Besides my putter, its probably the club i use the most, nowadays.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I'd say my 60* on a good day I'd give phil a run for his money (maybe)

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 5108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!