IGNORED

Bridgestone Golf Ball Fitting?

Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone ever did it? I did it today & here are the results. They asked me what type of ball I normally hit & I told them Topflight Gamer. My driver is a 9.5 degree Nike Machspeed set at 1 degree closed. They had me hit some Gamers & here are the results:

H/S = 102.5 mph
B/V = 137 mph
L/A: 11.3 degrees
B/S: 3053 rpm
S/S: -323 rpm
Distance: 226 yds

They told me ideal for my swing speed would be:

B/V: 151.7 mph
L/A: 12.3 degrees
B/S: 2425 rpm
S/S: +0
Distance: 265 yrds

They had me hit the B330RX & E6 but the results were not better than the Gamer. They said I was the first person today that hit their current ball better than a Bridgestone.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

It was at such a challenge on Friday that I found out that my club-head speed (92mph) is much faster than my distance would indicate (200 yards), and that my launch angle is pretty darn high. That's why I'm playing around with lower-lofted drivers (I was hitting a 10.5).

They had me hit the B330RX & E6 but the results were not better than the Gamer. They said I was the first person today that hit their current ball better than a Bridgestone.

Yep. It's not unheard of for them to tell you when your ball is performing better than theirs. It's rare - they've got a great lineup - but they aren't fudging the numbers to tell you anything. I'll post my ideal numbers later, when I find the sheet again.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where do you guys do the Bridgestone fitting? I'd like to try it because I already play the e6+ - I'd like to compare it to a Titleist or Pinnacle, the balls that I switched from. I did do their online fitting but that didn't tell me much. It suggested the e6 for me.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Check at the local golf courses in your area. They had the Bridgestone fitting at the course I normally play at yesterday.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Thanks for the link. Guess I'll have to pass unless I can make a road trip out of one of those. They completely gloss over my area haha.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I'm doing one of these on May 14th; looking forward to it.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I'm looking forward to participating in one of these next Thursday. This year I've decided to try different balls and haven't settled on one. Looking forward to a "scientific" way of identifying one for my game. If for nothing else, I haven't had my swing speed measured in some time.

Has anyone done one of these at Golf Galaxy? Should I be expecting a line? Do I bring my own clubs?

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I'm looking forward to participating in one of these next Thursday. This year I've decided to try different balls and haven't settled on one. Looking forward to a "scientific" way of identifying one for my game. If for nothing else, I haven't had my swing speed measured in some time.

There wasn't a line when I did mine, but you will want to bring your driver. If you don't know what they do, they have you hit 3-4 drives with the ball that you currently use. Then they have you hit some shots with their balls and show you the numbers and make a recommendation. If you play a premium, they usually recommend one of their 330 series balls, and if you don't they will recommend an e-series.

When I did it, they told me to use either the e7+ or 330RX depending on what I wanted to spend. But this is before the updated boxes came out. I kinda want to do it again.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

• 1 year later...

if you're considering the Bridgestone Golf Ball fitting and wondering what you should be expecting . . .  THINK TWICE and confirm, confirm, confirm. I called, made a reservation and before I arrived, on time for my appointment, they decided to fold up and leave. They didn't notify the golf course. Nor did they have the courtesy of letting me know! I made the effort to drive 30 miles and they made no effort at all.

DON'T make the same mistake!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I did this yesterday. This was the first time I'd ever done anything like this. I have been experimenting with the B330-RX and B330-S, so we started with the RX .

HS  102.8

BV 135.4 mph

LA 10.1

BS  2920

ss  +115

Dist 229

also tried the RXS, but recommended was B330-S

HS  103.8

BV 141.7

LA  12.1 degrees

BS 3195 RPM

SS  +135

Dist 242 yds

They gave out a complimentary 2 ball pack.  Honestly, off the tee in actual play, I can't tell a lot of difference in the RX and S--mostly due to my inconsistencies I am sure, but I seem to notice a bit more feel around the green with the S, so I will stick with that for a while-at least on my home course where I don't lose a lot of balls.  Away games may still be Noodles, LOL.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Interesting coincidence. Bridgstone was at the course I played on Sat and was their first test case. I switch between the E5 and E6, not paying attention to the performance. Now I will.  E6 hands down for me. Here are my results -

E5

H/S = 87.6 mph
B/V = 124.1 mph
L/A: 13.1 degrees
B/S: 2748 rpm
S/S: +1073 rpm
Distance: 189 yds

Ideal

H/S = 87.6 mph
B/V = 129.6 mph
L/A: 14.3 degrees
B/S: 2625 rpm
S/S: +0 rpm
Distance: 226 yds

E6

H/S = 86.5 mph
B/V = 125.2 mph
L/A: 15.9 degrees
B/S: 2253 rpm
S/S: +440 rpm
Distance: 216 yds

I even switched between the 5 and 6 on the course, seeing how much of a rope my drives were and how much further they went, using the 6. I'm kinda glad too, since the they don't make yellow E5s. I did forget to ask the guy this question. Would anyone know if the distance recorded is carry only, or  estimated total of carry plus roll?
And I've read the E6 has less spin than the E5, but rmp difference for me is incredible.

I was wanting to buy a box of the Bridgestone E6 Orange golf balls. Has any body played them. I can't see thw white balls any more and want to get a good quality orange ball. Any ideas???

I did forget to ask the guy this question. Would anyone know if the distance recorded is carry only, or  estimated total of carry plus roll?
And I've read the E6 has less spin than the E5, but rmp difference for me is incredible.

I believe it's estimated total distance. The e6 spins less - both for you and by design. However, part of why you hit the e6 further is that it's spinning less to the side . You're putting up some big sidespin on that e5. I switched to the e6 in late 2007 and haven't spent more than a month or two on another company's balls since then.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Wow.  Can you, or anyone elaborate on what would cause this side spin? Especially using a different ball, since my swing is pretty much the same with both balls?

Wow.  Can you, or anyone elaborate on what would cause this side spin? Especially using a different ball, since my swing is pretty much the same with both balls?

The e6 spins less, so if you're cutting across the ball, it will pick up less cut spin than a higher spin ball.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Does this mean I have a bad swing and should work on correcting it?

Well, all of us are working on improving our swings. What are your misses like? Maybe you just hit the e5 on the Bridgestone launch monitor poorly. I'm just going by the numbers you posted. Sidespin over 1000 is quite a bit.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 4678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!