IGNORED

Hank Haney resigns as Tiger Woods swing coach

shortstop20
Note: This thread is 5077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let's be clear. Haney was not a friend - he was an employee. Unless he worked for Tiger for free...

They seemed "buddy - buddy" in both their closing statements?

What gives?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I ran across some odds on Tiger's future swing coach Sky Bet. I guess you can bet on absolutely anything nowadays.

Sean's the leader in the clubhouse. Sean teaches a LOT of Stack and Tilt to O'Hair and some other students, and asks Mike and Andy questions all the time.

Leadbetter, no. There's a reason his nickname is "Lead Poison." Todd, Mike, maybe but highly unlikely. Adam, Martin - even less likely. Butch... even less likely.
Maybe a Chuck Quinton or a Brad Brewer?

Chuck's at Castle Pines, CO now. And nobody with a site like

this is going to snag Tiger Woods.
Also, I don't recall Haney being a huge name pre-Tiger.

He taught Tiger's buddy O'Meara, remember? So no, not a huge name, but he was connected via Mark, Tiger's bud, chum, pal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Will never happen as long as Butch is with Phil.

but man that would make the rivarly even more awesome. (and could make for some good comercials

)

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

And nobody with a site like

What do you think about his swing theory?

Sounds like some interesting stuff and he's got a DVD with alot of video instruction for the money.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

• Administrator
What do you think about his swing theory?

More than I need to.

He's argued with Stack and Tilt people that his swing is "purely rotary" around a straight spine. He talks about measuring the spine angle and keeping it constant throughout the swing and that there's never any side tilting. Several months ago it led to me creating this image: A few other people made other similar images. One that I recall showed Chuck "fixing" a former S&T; student... only problem was the "after" move was more what S&T; prescribes than the "before" image. That said, Chuck is probably closer to the "truth" than Hank Haney... But he's in Colorado, anyway, so it's irrelevant.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't imagine Tiger will go without a coach really. As stated earlier, people have questioned his golf swing knowledge, but even if he knows alot, I don't see him teaching himself.
He may not get one right away, if this neck issue is going to cause some off-time, but as soon as he can practice like normal, he'll want a coach asap.

For all we know, he might have found one already.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

the tension is KILLING me - i cannot wait to faind out who he picks... im a HUGE tiger ••••• and i cant wait for him to hook up with Foley and start killing all those other chumps like he used to...

Colin P.

I dont think so either. He could use another set of eyes to just reinterate what he wants, but he doesnt need a swing coach.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I don't imagine Tiger will go without a coach really. As stated earlier, people have questioned his golf swing knowledge, but even if he knows alot, I don't see him teaching himself.

All you have to do is say just look how poorly it went last time he had a swing coach. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that he go it alone.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Wow, I can't believe that Chuck Quinton's name is even being considered here.

There are a lot of people behind the tv cameras that have great influence on Tiger's decision for a new coach. Torrance would be a great choice but I'm not sure about the travel overseas.

We haven't seen a lot of interviews with Foley but his beliefs, personality, and knowledge of golf has Tiger intrigued.

i know it will be a stretch, but he should go back to butch. i dont think hank just up and left tiger like that. he had how many great years with butch....he needs somebody that knows him already, his life is already in a big enough transition, and adding another coach is adding another layer of transition. butch knows him and knows what his swing faults are.....tiger won the slam with butch as his coach...why not go back?

Phil wouldn't let that happen plus Butch may not want him back. You know the old saying "Been there done that"

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Been resisting, but can't help throw some thoughts out there....

1. If is really "drive for show, putt for dough," then is the swing coach such a huge factor???

2. Hank left Tiger because he knew the end was coming and did Tiger a favor.

3. If nothing else, we are back to talking about Tiger's golf game -- when will he be able to play with his neck? Will he ever get his swing problems figured out? It's about time........

4. I think Tiger re-appears at the US Open, a recent divorcee.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Well look at tiger in the past, when he needed that clutch par save or birdie, he made it. So he is an absolutely great ball striker, but his putting is what won him his tourniments. He could survive with out his driver for a while, he wasn't in the top 50 in driving when he won all his majors.

Tiger will be fine, he will get his neck fixed, he will get his game together, i think he will work on it himself.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

alot of people think it will be sean foley. Here is a good clip by foley as well, tell me what you guys think of it.

very stack and tilt. tiger doesnt need to much help with weight shift, he doesnt move off the ball much at all. he needs to get rid of that awful backswing that forces him to loop it down under.

Colin P.

very stack and tilt. tiger doesnt need to much help with weight shift, he doesnt move off the ball much at all. he needs to get rid of that awful backswing that forces him to loop it down under.

S&T; also emphasizes the specific hand path that could cure his swing.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

S&T; also emphasizes the specific hand path that could cure his swing.

of course. i was just responding to the video, where did not mention hand path, just weight shift.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 5077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!