IGNORED

World Cup

Golf Guru
Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When Henry handled it, it was a draw. I think most people would have backed France even without that goal in extra time or penalties.

That's funny coming from a English man,a nation that still doesn't shut up about Maradona's hand of god goal in Mexico '86....

btw are you saying Henry didn't cheat? I'll have to accept your point about Robbie Keane diving,though if you want to be pedantic about things then Ireland had 16 shots on goal that night with 10 on target,so much in the same way you said France would have won anyway(which if you watched the match you couldn't honestly say this was the case as we dominated them for the entire game) you will have to accept that Ireland would probably have won that Georgia game anyway,and a further point is that that game actually didn't affect anything in the bigger scheme of things,we would still have finish 2nd and played France in the playoff even if we had drew against Georgia, whereas the French game was akin to a Cup Final and there was no second chances. Cheating is wrong,I agree every country does it,but what Henry done was wrong,very wrong and as blatant as there can be...Can you imagine if he had done it against England the uproar there would have been.. Anyway you should be a expert on players diving seeing as England have Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard in their squad,who are prone to the odd dive or ten. I hope England don't play France at some stage in the World Cup,I don't know who I would want to lose the most...

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go New Zealand! :)

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Let's go Red, White and Blue!

Red White and Blue:

Australia New Zealand Netherlands Serbia Slovakia Slovenia France Korea DPR U.S.A. Gee, you support a lot of teams!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Red White and Blue:

Maybe he goes by uniform colour. That eliminates a few.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Viva España!!!

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

All for England, and 대한민국 아자 와이팅!!!

We are cheering for England (me) and South Korea, (my wife)

As for who will win, I guess it depends on who plays better... Messi or Rinaldo

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

All for England, and 대한민국 아자 와이팅!!!

I've always wondered about this. What would happen if it's South Korea, and England in the finals.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I've always wondered about this. What would happen if it's South Korea, and England in the finals.

not sure, but not going to happen... I have a better chance of qualifying for the PGA Tour than S. Korea making the finals

... see, it's starting already. seriously, I think it would be one heck of a party... her friends and my friends

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

I'll be down there for some of it. My best buddy growing up now runs a big chunk of Nike's global soccer business, so I'm thinking we'll have a good time. Then he should move to the golf division...

Wow, that's bitchin'! That'd certainly be a great person to go to a soccer match to.

I for one am totally ready for this. Let's go USA! Down with Mexico! ONly reason I say that is because I have a bet with the Mexican guys at my club. Whomever Mexico plays I bet against, and the same goes for them against the US. The US has a tough first round draw in England though. I'm not looking too hot in picking up any extra cash.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Sorry to say, but I don't think the US of A have a cat in hells chance. It'd be a major shock if they get past the group stage - they're up against England, the Serbs and Algeria, so they're going to have their work cut out.

Being English, my heart says England, but my head says we're over-reliant on one or two players (the wholegig depends on Rooney having a good tournament), have dinosaurs in defence and don't have a goalkeeper. Despite my reservations I'll be happy to see the boys do well.

I reckon the eventual winner will come from Europe - probably one of the usual suspects, Germany / Italy, or perhaps Spain / Portugal. The South Americans look good on paper, but I think they'll find it hard against the stronger European teams.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

How fitting is it for North Korea to be in the group of death? Karma peeks out at little here, I think. I hope they get pounded 10 - nil in their group matches.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

That's funny coming from a English man,a nation that still doesn't shut up about Maradona's hand of god goal in Mexico '86....

Whoa now, let's not insult me by calling me English. I live there, I'm certainly not from here. :D I'm Norn Irish. :D

Yes, Henry cheated, but let's not call one cheat worse than another. Kingfisher, Serbia aren't in the same group as England, it's Slovenia. I expect the USA and England to both progress from that group.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Your Northern Irish...no wonder you have that opinion of the Republic so...

btw Northern Ireland doesn't exist in my opinion...but thats a whole other debate ;)

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

You're right bro,my mistake! Anyway, Slovenia and Serbia are still both going to be pretty stubborn opposition.

England and Slovenia to go through, US in third and Algeria the whipping boys of the group.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Your Northern Irish...no wonder you have that opinion of the Republic so...

My being Northern Irish has no influence on anything... :/

You're right bro,my mistake! Anyway, Slovenia and Serbia are still both going to be pretty stubborn opposition.

The US could well top the group if England are as bad as they were against Japan and Mexico.

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I think I'm gonna be watching. Not for the enjoyment of watching soccer, but because I know there's going to be quite a few people that are going to be streaking.

Always entertaining.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

stupid french.....

I'm rooting for japan (they're actually pretty good)

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

My being Northern Irish has no influence on anything... :/

They simply can't be that bad again....(please lord)

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!