IGNORED

how often do you change your golf glove

Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I get rid of a glove when it tears, But I switch gloves every 5 or 6 holes now since its about 95* on the course during my playing times. I can't rely
on a sweaty glove to help me keep a good grip. I take three good gloves to the course. Cant say it makes me a better scorer but I feel better with a dry glove.

Also the gloves last longer if I rotate through a set regularly. I don't have a particular brand or model I prefer, just that the more leather the better.

Grips last a great deal longer than any glove you may have.

Can't remember the last time i changed it. It wearing a small hole in the palm where I hold the club as well as on the thumb. I have another in my bag, but this one is broken in and just feels nice so I keep wearing it.

I usually change my golf glove whenever the glove has a hole in it. Which means around 3 months or so. I don't really have to alternate gloves even when it is 93*, I usually just take the glove off and dry it for a bit, that usually does it.

I haven't changed mine for 21 years. Took it off half way through one rain soaked round never to put one back on.

Luckily my hands don't sweat so I feel no need to wear a glove. If gloveless was good enough for Hogan, its gotta be good enough for me.

To answer your question, when I did wear a glove, I would change when I wore holes in the finger tips. Never got the palm tear hole.

I haven't changed mine for 21 years. Took it off half way through one rain soaked round never to put one back on.

It all depends how they fit you personally. For example, the Wilson ProSoft gets the hole in the palm. The FootJoy and Callways get the tears at the seams on the thumb. Some others wear on the fingertips. Mine last maybe 2,000 swings, or two months, whichever comes first.

Playing most of my golf in hot n humid asia, I normally carry 3 or 4 gloves in my bag and feel the need to chnage at least every 9 holes, sometimes more. I'm a slave to leather gloves, as I've yet to find a synthetic one that fits properly or affords good feel.

Once the gloves get a bit beaten up - they don't normally tear but tend to lose their shape / suppleness - they are relegated to my driving range bag and I replace the downgraded one with a new one. I guess on average I replace 1 glove a month.

Also, gloves tend to last a bit longer if they are looked after - try not to leave sweaty gloves festering in your golf bag - once you get home, let them breathe a little!

I change glove when it gets ripped up somewhere, ususally in the palm at the base of the thumb. Don't change glove very often really, not compared to before, when my grip and swing was more of a problem.
When I change depend on how much I play.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I change my grips once a year (just did it this past weekend), at that time I will get 3 new gloves and they will also last the next full year (although I only play 3-4 times a month during the summer). I don't ever wear holes in my gloves so the ones I just replaced will be used at the driving range so I do not wear out the 'game' gloves. The gloves from 2 years ago will go in a ziploc bag for a rainy day. I have enough old gloves I could play in the rain and be able to use one dry glove per hole.

With my 3 glove set up I rotate them every hole so that they have a chance to dry. I have found that this helps them last longer and feel better. I can tell the difference between good and bad grips and new and worn out gloves. The new grips and fresh gloves are a much better combination.

I use full leather golf clubs, so after awhile they go "crunchy" once they get like that I tend to replace them. (thats my comp gloves) I usually have around 5 gloves in the bag when I play comps and will change them once I feel they are a little bit sweaty. But I will buy 1 new gloves ever 2 weeks or so. As for my practicse glove I get given 1 per week. (i have some funding, were people pay for my golf gloves and balls) I hit around 200 blass per day, so I do tend to wear practise gloves quite fast.

Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • That's a ball that's in play. If the ball isn't in play (because you've not yet made a stroke at it in the teeing area), it wasn't a penalty in 2016, either.
    • The scenario and single response piqued my interest, but from what I could find it sounds like that is the right call! https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/articles/2019/04/golf-rules-hitting-ball-with-practice-swing-zach-johnson-masters.html This was an interesting note: However, prior to 2017 or if the Local Rule was not in effect, the player would have incurred a one-stroke penalty for accidentally moving their ball with a practice stroke on the putting green.
    • Thanks. I can't say I see the point, but if it works for you, I also can't say it's all that bad. The left index finger doesn't do a whole lot.
    • DAY 1: Indoor Range Session w/ Irons -- focus on clubhead orientation during takeaway [30 min.]
    • So, I spent a little time testing out these golf balls with my Mevo+. As many know, indoors, the spin can be off due to the short amount of time a radar has has to measure spin. Metal dots help, but even then, FlightScope users will occasionally see an italic spin number. Italics are your FlightScope's way of saying "I think this is a decent spin number, but I'm not super confident in that." Sometimes the number is half, or double, and sometimes it's just off by some random factor. Sometimes it's dead accurate. The point is, when the number is italic, your FlightScope is unsure. It's not confident. I tested these balls out by hitting a Pro V1 RCT and a Pro V1x RCT along-side a 2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x. The regular golf balls were "stickered" with a single metallic dot, which we oriented at the top of the golf ball*. A few mid-irons were chosen, with ball speeds ranging from 115 to 135 MPH. Shots were distributed somewhat randomly, while all clubs were hit with all clubs evenly. 20 shots were hit with each ball (4 each with a 5I, 6I, 7I, 9I, SW). Truly bad impacts were discarded. Here are the results. The Pro V1 Dot saw spin numbers that ranged from 3592 to 10918. 8 of the 20 results were italicized. All of the italicized numbers were in the 3590 to 3950 range, while the lowest non-italicized number was 4816. Some of the italicized results were hit with higher lofted clubs than the 4816 club. The Pro V1 RCT saw spin numbers in a much tighter range, and more consistent when hit with the same club. Spin numbers ranged from 5221 to 11875, but within each club, spin numbers were within ± 750 RPM. There were no italic numbers. The Pro V1x Dot saw spin numbers again that ranged from 3586 to 9342. Six of the 20 numbers were italicized. The Pro V1x RCT saw spin numbers that ranged from 4791 (this was a toe-biased contact with a 5I) to 11752. Spin numbers were relatively consistent within each club, and once again, there were no italic numbers. Of 40 balls hit with the dotted V1/V1x, 14 were italicized. 14/40 is 35%. Of the 40 balls hit with the RCT versions, 0 were italicized. All got standard, "trustworthy" spin results according to the FlightScope Mevo+. As you may know, the FlightScope Mevo+ and all other launch monitors, particularly when used indoors, have ballistics models. They read what they can — launch angles, ball speed, spin (RPM, spin axis) — and combine those with the environmental factors you've set (like altitude, temperature, etc.) to calculate the ball's trajectory: the peak height, the distance, the landing angle, the curve. If the spin is off — say, instead of being 7200 the Mevo+ or your launch monitor thinks it's spinning at 5500 — you're going to get a poorly calculated ball flight. Your sim game will not be accurate, or your range or practice session, or your skills challenge, or whatever you're doing on your launch monitor. WOW. I'm impressed. Now, it wasn't the biggest sample size, but 14 (35%) >> 0. I'm going to be buying a few dozen of each of the V1 and V1x RCT models. Though they were developed with Trackman, the press release says they should work with all other radar, and that seems to be true. Further enhancements may be possible, too, but even if there are none the results were quite believable. I plan to use my Mevo+ (with the Pro package at some point) in the GEARS bay, and occasionally for regular lessons. It'll be nice not to have to worry about the metallic dots — how they're oriented, whether they're wearing off from impact with the net, etc. * You'll often read to place the dot on the front of the golf ball, because then when you hit the ball with backspin, it spins front to back. Placing the dot on the top accomplishes the same thing while spreading out the contact point on the golf ball around the "equator" instead of the one place opposite the metal dot.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. david7w5
      david7w5
      (49 years old)
    2. Jmwest76
      Jmwest76
      (45 years old)
    3. Mikael Detterberg
      Mikael Detterberg
      (39 years old)
    4. NEhomer
      NEhomer
      (61 years old)
    5. RangeGolfer
      RangeGolfer
      (40 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...