IGNORED

Most Annoying Playing Partner(s)

c. lassiter
Note: This thread is 4503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate the "Honk By"!!! Yes I was a victim of the car passing by and honking his horn on my back swing!!!! F#$% M#%$ F#% !!!!!!!!!!! Well my tee shot was a horrible rug burner that went about 90 yards! Yup this might not be in the context but come on, really? dang!

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

Forgot to add one...

getting paired with the elderly racist guy. Talk about being uncomfortable on every shot!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I hate the "Honk By"!!! Yes I was a victim of the car passing by and honking his horn on my back swing!!!! F#$% M#%$ F#% !!!!!!!!!!! Well my tee shot was a horrible rug burner that went about 90 yards! Yup this might not be in the context but come on, really? dang!

First off... no that and the air horn are classic Second off... it's 'grass burner' not 'rug burner'

lol air horns are awesome haha
ummm or wormburner

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I just remembered another one -

The guy who during a friendly round came to a Par 3 posted as 153 yards, kept insisting that that didn't look right to him and, while the rest of us watched for five minutes, paced off the distance to the hole using giant strides that could not possibly have been equal to one yard.

He jogged back and reported the number as "125", which we all ignored, then proceeded to hit his shot well short of a green side bunker, then scream "WTF!".

LOLOLOLO
that's the most ridiculous thing i've heard of

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I love this thread; it is probably my favorite so far.

I am pretty tolerant of most types of behavior (lying, cheating, bragging, excessive cursing), but a few partners have managed to get on my nerves:

1) Last year I went to San Diego for a wedding. Never been before, and was extremely excited about it. I got to play a round of golf in between activities, and was paired with a Father, Grandfather and Son. The Father spent the entire round telling me what to do with my swing and how to improve. I don't mind a few pointers, but honestly I just wanted to enjoy a beautiful course. I don't take my golf game that seriously unless I'm playing by myself. It was highly annoying.

2) This past weekend my Golf Club had a tournament. I'm new to the club so I get paired with new people every time and they've all been great so far. The guy I was paired with this weekend, however, was an absolute maniac with the golf cart and generally unaware of his surroundings. There were several times he drove us into another fairway looking for his ball while people were taking practice swings from that tee box. Other times he would be loudly talking to me while we were next to people teeing off on an adjacent tee box or putting on an adjacent green. It was annoying because I felt like I damn near had to babysit him, and he was twice my age.

3) Last week I went to get in a quick 9 at my favorite course nearby. I got paired with another single, who was a really cool guy. Our twosome was going along great, until the Marshall catches up with us. He proceeds to give my playing partner instructions on that hole to the point that the twosome behind us actually catch up to us on the 12th hole. Before that, we were about a 1.5 holes ahead of them. But the marshall spent so much time trying to get my partner to stop "overswinging" that they caught up. He followed us all the way down the 12th hole until we finished, continually giving my partner pointers. Then we finally are rid of him midway through the 13th hole, until around the 15th or 16th he comes back again. Now, he wasn't a playing partner, but it damn sure felt like it. And it was not only annoying to both of us, but pretty unprofessional as well.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Funny thread!
What I hate are people constantly giving pointers and advice. Don't get me wrong, a little is okay and I appreciate it, even ask for it when playing with someone better than I am. (And many are, it's not like I have a huge ego.) But sometimes too much is too much. And what's even worse is hearing "Good job! way to go! Attaboy! etc. over and over again in that little condescending voice that kindergarden teachers use. I played with someone like that once, first and last time I played with him , by the 3rd hole I was ready to twist a club around his neck and told him he wasn't helping, didn't hear a peep from him after that.
Michael K Craig

I love this one because there is always one in the group

3. Played in a foursome years ago with 2 other decent players and an old guy who hit weak slices off the tee and then would go look for his ball at the 280 mark on each hole. Not surprisingly, he never found any of them (since they were on average 90 yards behind him, and either in the right rough or small lake).

Sticks-In-The-Bag

R9 Driver 9.5
R9 3 & 5 Fairway
Rescues 3 & 4 Hybrids Burner 4-PW Irons Tp 52, 56, 60 Wedges Rossa Putter

I'm with ya there. My local muni has a hole that runs parrallel(sp) to a busy road and they're always honking at you when they go by. I'm also ahsamed to say that when I was younger & dumber, before I stared playing, I did the same thing. :(

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love this thread; it is probably my favorite so far.

Your 3rd point reminds me. I live in an area where during the winter we have a large retired population and a fair number of them get jobs as rangers. What bothers me is how shitty the tend to treat golfers who are not members of the club, despite the fact that they're only members for about 4 months out of the year. This past winter we were playing as a foursome when the ranger drives up to us to say that we needed to speed up. We were in the middle of the fairway on a par 4 waiting for the green to clear! He said the group behind us (Members) were tired of waiting on us. Now forget the fact that we were directly behind the group ahead of us (Members also) all day. Plus, the group complaining spent the entire day pulling their carts right on top of the tee boxes & greens! When I mentioned that to the ranger he told me "Those gentlemen are members and therefore none of your concern" Niiiccceeee

my get up and go musta got up and went..

• 1 year later...

Saw this and think it was pretty funny.  Are you on the LIST ?

1. UNSOLICITED SWING ADVICE GUY

2. THE HUMAN RAIN DELAY

3. CELL PHONE GUY

4. THE CART GIRL SCHMOOZER

5. THE PARKING LOT PRO

6. THE AIR COUNTER

7. THE FRAT BOY

8. CIGAR GUY

9. THE SANDBAGGER

10. OBLIVIOUS GUY

11. BALL RETRIEVER GUY

12. THE VOLCANO

13. DELUSIONAL GUY

14. MULLIGAN GUY

15. THE PLUMB BOBBER

16. YARDAGE BOOK GUY

17. THE CHEAT

18. THE OVERCELEBRATER

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Paradox

getting paired with the elderly racist guy. Talk about being uncomfortable on every shot!

I thought this species was extinct until I got paired with one last week - this guy was, without a doubt, the most annoying and irritating person I've ever been paired with.

I asked if there was construction going on near the course, and one guy says, "No, that's just the rifle range." The other guy says, "Really? I thought that's just where the city gets rid of its *****."

!!WTF!?

Same guy had about seven or eight other racist comments --- everything turned into a racist remark.  One guy hit a low line drive, "Too bad a **** wasn't in the way of that one."  He left a club on the green and as I handed it to him, "I hate **** because they always steal clubs left on the green."  ....I don't think I'll post any more.

The other guy in our threesome was incredibly nice, but thinking back on the round, I'm actually embarrassed that: 1) I stayed with the group, and 2) since I stayed, I never called the guy out on his comments.  Maybe I'll be better prepared for this situation if it happens again.  But at the end of the day, it affected my play, and I felt like a worse person by the end of the round.  Worst playing partner ever.

On a slightly less serious note... the road to the club house actually cuts across a few holes on this course.  I'm ready to tee off on the third and a car shows up, so I wait till it's passed. As I'm at the top of my back swing, the same guy says, "Chicken!"  That caught me off-guard and pissed me off (and I hit a lousy, lousy shot). By the end of the round, I realized this was the least of his offenses...

:(

At a distant second is "Baptist George" who spent three holes trying to convert me to a Baptist and parted with the remark, "Some people just can't see the truth."

I prefer my golf free of racism, religion, and politics...

I played with my brother's best friend. He didn't have to hit a bad shot to get angry - just a half decent one. He threw his club and it got stuck in a tree and then he threw another club and it bounced  off the ground and hit him on the head and there was blood every where. can you believe it!!!!!! I went home and looked at my golf pro's site www.parnellgolf.com  and heard he had been to Afghanistan with Monty and the Ryder Cup to promote golf there. Sounds like my playing partner would be better in a war zone.

Note: This thread is 4503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!