IGNORED

Who has shot under par?

kpaulhus
Note:Β This thread is 2918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

If you hit a large percentage of fairways and are not transferring that to a major portion of GIR's, then you know what you need to practice. Identify your weaknesses and you will get better if you practice those. Hope this helps.

This is me right now. I hit 54% fairways, and only 40% GIR. I do need to get my avg putts down from 33 though..that might help. Ill have days where I am 10 or 12 for 14 on fairways, and days where I only hit 2 or 3, but am just off the first cut a lot. My problem I think is that my irons are great for hitting high straight shots. I dread having to hit a punch shot, because these bad boys just like to hit the ball up. Ill hit a punch driver out from under the trees before Ill try to hit my 4 iron and catch a log hanging branch. Today I holed out a green side chip for par and usually Im sitting pretty well if I get 2 or 3 birdies.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check outΒ Evolvr

:callaway:Β Rogue ST 10.5* |Β :callaway:Β Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade:Β P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist:Β 716Β AP2Β | Β :edel:Β Wedges 50/54/68 |Β :edel:Β Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67Β (18 holes),Β 32Β (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been -4 through 7 before. Blew up on the last holes to shoot like 35 (-1) haha. Best on 9 holes is 33 (-3), and on 18 was a 71 (-1). Been very very close to breaking 70, but couldn't finish out the round. It's always those last damn holes that get me....

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9ΒΊ
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50ΒΊ, 54ΒΊ
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Taylormade RAC 58ΒΊ
Putter:Β Ping Darby 32" shaft

Β 

boy do i wish that i could do that, the only way i make a score is by making birdies mixed with bogies, it must be very satisfying to be able to have a round as consistant as that

I threw my driver out of the bag today and played the entire round with my fairway wood. I hit every fairway today, it is much easier to hit 1 to 1 1/2 clubs up in the fairway than behind trees in deep rough. I am going to try this again tomorrow

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

Only on 9 (34), but it was in a H.S. match so I take great pride that I didn't fall apart! lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator

I have. More this year than all previous years combined, but that's good for something.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last Thursday I did it for the first time in my golfing career. I shot a 68 on a par 70 course and it was a total blast. Around the 13th I knew I had a chance so I closed up the scorecard and played each shot individually...ya know, all that talk ya hear about, "staying in the moment"? I'd only open the card to jot down the score and stats and then I close it again.

I was playing well and it was fun to see if my body and all the repetitive motion training I'd done would see me through.

I went to the 18th thinking I had to par for a 69. I hit a good drive but missed the green with my approach and had a difficult chip. I ended up 12 feet from the hole and a must make putt; the situation for which we all play this game...needing a putt to save a round, win a hole, win a tourney, whatever...

Hit the putt well and it went in. I was stoked since breaking par was one of my goals for this season. Only after looking at the card did I realize I'd shot a 68.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I have not shot under for over a year and a half, I shot even last year.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21Β degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both Β 33"

ProV-1

4 1 under 69s this year handi: 0.7

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I figure I'll revive this thread because I just joined the club yesterday. 71 (1 under) at my home course, felt so great :)

a 6.5 index who shoots a 71 is a pretty salty player if you ask me. I should fly you down to Dallas for my member-guest!

I've been under par quite a bunch being a +1 now, but it takes a different mindset. Too many times you have to pretend that par is almost like bogey and play for birdies to go low. There is a movement to think of par as 54 and improve on that. The closer to 54 you shoot the better you get a going low. It's too easy to be content with par and then you miss it all completely. Sort of like zeroing in on the target instead of just trying to hit the fairway. The more you aim for a point, the easier to hit the fairway.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I do it probably 5 - 8 times a year and play around 100 rounds a year. I usually have to get my putter rolling to break par (no 3 putts), hit 12+ greens and have a day where I get some breaks. Some days that cup just looks like a basketball hoop. Best round ever was -4 (67) and best round this year so far was -2 (70).

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

was -3 going into 9 the other day, finsihed the front at -2 (33)
put up a +2 on the back for even par

i have now shot -1 on the back and -2 on the front.....just need to put those rounds together now!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I shot 4 under on the front today just to shoot 4 over on the back to end up with an even 72...

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Note:Β This thread is 2918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!