IGNORED

Who has shot under par?

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been -1 after 3 holes before! Have never come close to being under par for 9, let alone 18. I shot +5 on the front nine in the previously mentioned round.

on my past 10 rounds i have broken par 4 times. a 66, 2 69's, and a 71

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

I am a 5-6 handicap and I have shot even par 3 times.

Last year I shot a 4 under par 68 at Pine Ridge Golf Course in Baltimore. That was by far my greatest moment....34 on the front and 34 on the back. I had 14 pars and 4 birdies and only missed one green.

It felt great...I sure hope it happens again some time.

Joe

G10 Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 5 wood
G10 21,24,28 & 32 Hybrids
2010 710 AP2 7-PW w/DG300SVokey 58 & 52 2009 Spin Milled 2 Ball Blade 34" ProV1 2009 Pioneer Bag

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't, Come to think of it I haven't

tiger didn't break par btw lol.

I played with a guy who broke par a week or two ago. He was a 4 handicapper, he was -3 after 3 too!, finished -1.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I am a 5-6 handicap and I have shot even par 3 times.

That sounds like a great round! I was -1 through 7 today only to blow up on 8 and 9. Ended up shooting an 84 on a tough course with 3 wood being my longest club. I need to get my driver repaired, or move up tees until then. 440 Par 4's with a 3 wood off the tee leaves a very long second shot. Only hit 2 greens today, but I did have 28 putts.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just missed one today...Ended up shooting 1 over 72.... arrgh!!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• 5 years later...

I have been golfing for seventeen years (since I was 10 years old) and I have broken par about half a dozen times in that time. My lowest score is 69, which I have shot twice. One was at my home course (Par 72, 6300 yards, 69.6/124) and I had 6 birdies on the front nine that day. It was the last round I played with my grandpa before he passed away, so it was really cool I got to share that with him. The other was at a private club I worked at one summer. I joined up with a few of the senior members that afternoon and I played from the same tees they did (Par 71, 5800 yards, 67.2/122). Come to think of it, maybe I should play with the seniors more often! Haha! My best tournament round is even par, which I shot on the second day of my club championships several years ago after being well into the 80's on the first day. I am not a long driver of the golf ball by any stretch (approx. 220-240) so naturally all of my really low scores have been from shorter tees, but you still have to hit the shots and make the putts! 

There were 3 common themes for all of my under par rounds:

1) I kept it in play off the tee

2) I limited my mistakes (but when I did screw up, I scrambled exceptionally well)

3) My short game was fantastic

Keep in mind, I have shot less than ten rounds of par or better in almost twenty years of golfing. I play to a 7-handicap, so I scare 90 a lot more frequently than I do 70. But it is still really fun when those rare moments of greatness do come around. One season I broke par three times within a 2-3 month span, then I didn't shoot under par for five years after that! Golf is a funny game.

While playing with a choose up, we got rained out late in the round.  I was at the 16th tee when we had to go in.  At the time, I was even par.  Everyone left after trying to wait out the rain, but I wanted to finish my last three holes.  One follower golfer stayed with me.  When the rain stopped, we played the last three holes.  I played them at +1.  So, one over is my best.

I've shot a few 68's, 69's when I'm playing really well. Last summer I got to a +.5. Lowest in a tournament was a 70 and shot par once but nothing more than that in tournaments.

Lowest score ever was a 67, I went like 31-36

Edited by MasonAsher2014

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Missed a short putt last season that would have given me a 59. It would've been my first time under 70 which was kind of a let down, but I'm know I'll have my chances again this season too.

Edited by Mop Bucket

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

I managed -1 twice last year but not in competition. Level is the best I've done in a comp. One of my goals this year is to break par in a club comp.

I have shot a few 70s and 71s when I was a low hdcpr. Unfortunately all of them were par for those courses I was playing.

I have tied par many times, but never broken par on a golf course. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 6/25/2010 at 2:26 PM, kpaulhus said:

...I want to see who all has shot -1 or better for 18 holes? What was your handicap when you did it? How hard was it?

Did once.  I do not recall my handicap but it should have been around 8-10.  It was done in the Hudson Mills Men's Championship.

How hard?  Well, for me it had to be a course I knew reasonably well and not too hard (Par 71, 70.5/118, 6,339 yards).  I made 5 birdies to offset the inevitable mistakes.  I was certainly not perfect tee to green and only had 10 GIR but my misses were in good areas to chip (nGIR).  26 putts.  No penalties.  No bunkers.

My even par rounds always feature a bunch of birdies.  My game is not steady enough to expect 18 pars or 17 pars and a birdie/bogey.  I need to have enough GIR and nGIR to have an opportunity to make some birdies and save some pars.

Brian Kuehn

3 hours ago, Mop Bucket said:

Missed a short putt last season that would have given me a 59. It would've been my first time under 70 which was kind of a let down, but I'm know I'll have my chances again this season too.

Wait, what? 59?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

6 hours ago, RandallT said:

Wait, what? 59?

69 sorry, typo.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!