IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A local Chase Oaks CC. TERRIBLE GREENS. But it had the best layout I've ever seen! One hole, You get to the tee and look down 50 feet to a dogleg left, with the green hidden by trees, and the green itself is elevated about 25 feet, with a massive bank at the back allowing you to run the ball long then bring it back.

and a few tree lined Par-4's, which are just the most beautiful holes I've ever seen.

Terrible condition, year-round, but a wonderful layout.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

1. Torrey Pines (South)
2. Hazeltine Nat'l
3. Hawktree, ND
4. Pelican Hill (South)
5. Sutton Bay, SD.
6. Deacon's Lodge, MN
7. Coer D'Alene C.C., ID
8. Red Mike, ND
9. Eagle Bend, MT
10. TPC Scottsdale

I'm going to play both We Ko Pa courses in April, as well as Grayhawk Talon, so my list may change.

well at the moment I'm only in high school so I haven't had the time to travel and play the best courses the world has to offer but my favorites are Troy Burne, best greens I've ever seen, I also am a fan of the Golf Club of Teneesse(extremely private but I got to play it for going to my cousins wedding had caddies in white jump suits and everything) This season though I plan to play Hazeltine for the MGA team competitions and Spring Hill!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of these days I will make it out to some of those amazing courses listed. But right now my short list has to go
1. Greenbrier, WV
2. Red Tail Mountain, TN

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

Played Kapalua in Maui last week, pretty amazing. Also, i private club in Durango, Colorado named Glacier Club really surprised me. Probably the most well maintained course Ive ever played.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

• 4 weeks later...
Probably the prettiest (and most distracting) courses I've played were Royal Ka'anapali in Maui, Banff Springs in Alberta ( I hit an elk with a golf ball) and the Highland Links in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

Best course however - in terms of testing golf ability...has to be Jack's course at Bear Mountain Country Club in Victoria, British Columbia (Slope of 147)! The fantastic Bear Mountain Beer that's microbrewed on site was the perfect finish to the day.

I haven't been able to play too much golf in my travels.

I was able to play LBV and Osprey Ridge at Disney a few years ago. I really enjoyed the Signature at West Neck in Virginia Beach (Palmer Course).

The best course I've played is Oakmont Country Club. I used to have Monday Membership.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

hey, knockdown. i've been eyeing TPC Deere Run for a while. Would you say it is worth the drive to the quad cities from chicago for the sole purpose of playing it? That's a pretty long day.

My favorite courses I've ever played are
1. Whistling Straights (Straights Course although the Irish is really good too.)
2. Medinah #3

• 3 weeks later...
Sahalee (PGA '98)
Plantation at Kapalua (MBC)

Second one was from my gf for our 1 year. She's a golfer and we went with our 2 friends to kapalua for spring break.

Next up: Chamber's Bay

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

hey, knockdown. i've been eyeing TPC Deere Run for a while. Would you say it is worth the drive to the quad cities from chicago for the sole purpose of playing it? That's a pretty long day.

Whistling Straits is definitely the best course I've played. Blackwolf Run isn't far behind. Although I did play the "lesser" of both of those courses, playing the Irish and the Meadows. Both great courses, however, nice to be able to hang a picture on my wall of a course I've actually played.

I'll be out near LA this summer, I was really hoping to get in at Pebble Beach, until I saw the price tag...$500. Oh well, plenty of nice courses to play out that way.

"Hey! Llama! How about something..you know..for the effort.."

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select
LW: Titleist Vokey 60*
SW: Bazooka Milled Carbon Steel 56*GW: Hand Made Snake Eye 3-PW: King Cobra II Tour OS5W: Taylor Made Burner SupersteelDriver: Henry Griffitts 13*...

My top 10:
  1. Pebble Beach
  2. Spyglass Hill
  3. Olympic Club (Lake)
  4. Pasatiempo
  5. Torrey Pines (South)
  6. Lake Merced CC
  7. Edgewood (Tahoe)
  8. Princeville
  9. Spanish Bay
  10. Poipu Bay

Honorable mention:

Aviara
Stevinson Ranch
Poppy Hills
Green Hills CC
Coyote Moon
Driver: Nakashima HTEC 440cc 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki X73
3 Wood: 909F3 15* w/Fujikura Pro-95 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Nakashima 2 iron 19* w/ KBS Tour shaft 6.5
Irons 3-PW: 690.MB w/ KBS Tour Shafts 6.5
Wedges: Black Nickel Spin Milled 56.11* & 60.04* w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel Wedge ShaftsPutter: Pro...

My top 10:

Can you make a suggestion for me? I will be in the LA area in early August. I am looking for a course at <$200. I'm willing to drive a couple hours in any direction to play something worthwhile. A local's suggestion always holds a lot of weight with me. I have always wanted to play a desert course, not sure how far the nearest would be, but its always been a dream coming from Wisconsin. But overall I am not picky, just looking for quality with some nice views.

Side note, I will also be going to a brewers@dodgers game. I've always wanted to see dodger stadium, sounds like ill have good seats, too.

"Hey! Llama! How about something..you know..for the effort.."

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select
LW: Titleist Vokey 60*
SW: Bazooka Milled Carbon Steel 56*GW: Hand Made Snake Eye 3-PW: King Cobra II Tour OS5W: Taylor Made Burner SupersteelDriver: Henry Griffitts 13*...

Can you make a suggestion for me? I will be in the LA area in early August. I am looking for a course at

Sorry, I'm not from the LA area, so I wouldn't be a great resource. I've played some golf down in San Diego which can be 2-3 hrs away depending where you're coming from and what day/time you leave. If you're willing to go that far, I'd recommend Torrey Pines to you.

The only course in the LA area that I know of, that people I trust can vouch for, is Trump National in Palos Verdes. I heard that course is top notch. http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/html/home.asp A little more than $200 if you're willing to play midday on Monday-Thursday (assuming you're bringing your own sticks, and not renting). Here's their rates: http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.c.../golfrates.asp I'm sure there are others with better local knowledge than me though that can vouch for something. If you're hell bent on playing a desert course, Palm Springs is about 2 hrs away from LA and there are a ton of good courses down there. In August you'll get some great rates and you get the courses pretty much to yourself and a few other suicidal maniacs. Just be prepared for the 110+ degree heat.
Driver: Nakashima HTEC 440cc 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki X73
3 Wood: 909F3 15* w/Fujikura Pro-95 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Nakashima 2 iron 19* w/ KBS Tour shaft 6.5
Irons 3-PW: 690.MB w/ KBS Tour Shafts 6.5
Wedges: Black Nickel Spin Milled 56.11* & 60.04* w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel Wedge ShaftsPutter: Pro...

My best course would have to be Royal Cinque Ports in Kent, England.

It's a links course where the wind is with you on the front 9 and against you on the back 9. This means 350yd drives on the front and 200yd drives on the back, sometimes leaving you unable to reach par 4's over 400 yds!!!

Mizuno MX500 10.5*
Mizuno Hi-Fli CLK 20*
Mizuno Hi-Fli CLK 26*
Nike Pro Combo 5-PW
Mizuno Black Ox 52* & 56*

NCR South Course.

My friend gets a yearly invite to Oakland Hills. Hopefully the VP that accompanies him will not be able to make it one year and I will get in.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!