IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I havent played any real big name courses so my list is not nearly as impressive.

Golden Fox (MI)
TreeTops (MI)
The Palms (Disney FL)
Osprey Ridge (Disney FL)

Callaway FT-iq Driver 10.5

TaylorMade Burner Irons 4-AW

TaylorMade Rescue 3

Callaway Diablo 5w

Cleveland 56 and 60 degree wedges

Odyssey 2-ball Putter

Growing up in and around NYC i was fortunate enough to play high school golf and i got to play some SICK courses in Weschester. My senior year i played Winged Foot East/West, Metropolis CC, Fenway, Wykgayl, Weschester CC, Quaker Ridge etc.. I think you get the idea.. Aside from those courses here is my list in no particular order:

1. Yale Golf Club- i dare someone to find a course that plays 6150 from the tips thats harder than that..
2. Fairmont Banff Springs (just ridiculous scenery)
3. Bethpage Black ( i played bethpage when i was at my best. I was a 5.6 index at the time, shot 86 and was STOKED
4 The Dunes/Tidewater/Calendonia- Myrtle Beach
5 Greenbrier
6 Otterkill Golf and CC. My old country club in NY.. I love that place

OAKMONT (PA)

Ugh I forgot about Bulle Rock, that is nice track as well.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Oh I guess I need to think about adding Princeville HA to the list. That course was a beast.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Royal County Down (Newcastle), N. Ireland
Royal Portrush, N. Ireland
Ballybunion, Ireland
Kingsbarns, Scotland
The Green Monkey, Barbados
Pelican Hill, Newport Beach, CA
Wentworth, England
Maderas, San Diego, CA

Some big names which I did NOT rate:
The Belfry, England
Torrey Pines (either course), San Diego, CA
Trump National LA, Long Beach

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

My best......The Country Club in Brookline, MA. I also enjoy playing any Donald Ross course.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Riviera....one of the greatest designed golf courses in the world. I had the pleasure of playing there many times when I was working as a pro in the LA area. Every shot makes you think and play it how it is supposed to be played.

My senior year i played Winged Foot East/West, Metropolis CC, Fenway, Wykgayl, Westchester CC, Quaker Ridge etc.. I think you get the idea..

I bet people trying out for the team were thinking more about the courses than the team, ha ha.

That is a murder's row of super exclusive clubs. No playing around with the dress code there.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shepherds Hollow outside of Detroit is beautiful.

I love playing the Grande in Jackson, MI and there are several courses I love in northern michigan

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

1. Crystal Downs - Frankfort, MI
2. Oakland Hills
3. TPC Sawgrass
4. Black Wolf Run

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

• 1 month later...
Kauri Cliffs back in my home country, the most beautiful course I have ever seen

http://www.kauricliffs.com/

And I shot 99 :D

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Now that I am back from Scottsdale, I would have to change my list.

Top 5:
#1: The Coeur d'Alene Resort (home of the floating green, Idaho)
#2: Spanish Bay
#3: Circling Raven (Idaho)
#4: Dinosaur Mountain (Scottsdale)
#5: Troon North & Grayhawk (Scottsdale)

In my r7 bag:

Driver:r7 460
3 wood:r7
hybrid:burnerirons:320 serieswedges:TP Rac Z 56*, 60*putter:Circa 62 #3balls:prov1x

Here are the well known courses I've played, some more "well known" than others:

English Turn
Redstone
Harbour Town
Pebble Beach
Spy Glass
Pasatiempo
Spanish Bay
LaCantera
Poppy Hills
Corde Valle

Most of those fall into "best" that I have played. I think one of my favorites that is not well known is Waterwood National outside of Huntsville, Texas. Its a Pete Dye course that used to be in great shape. I think its either closed down or run down now.

Next trips are Pinehurst, Bandon Dunes, and Scotland-Ireland. After that I will have my bucket list completed.....except for the ones I want to play but will never be able too.

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

• 3 weeks later...
The most well known course ive played on is The Majlis in Dubai home of the dubai desert classic. When i was in the Navy we made a port visit in dubai and the USO made a deal for some of us to play on the course for $300, which included Ping clubs, caddie, breakfast, lunch and all the necessities.

I was simply amazed on how that course was manicured perfectly in the middle of a desert.

Baltusrol in Springfield, NJ...Lower Course last week. incredible.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

My favorite three are in my home state of NJ. Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach makes my list too

1. Plainfield Country Club
2. Baltusrol (was lucky to have it in our high school rotation)
3. Galloway National
4. Grande Dunes (Myrtle Beach)

Note: This thread is 3376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!