IGNORED

LeBron James.......

nike_golf
Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I couldn't even make it past the first few posts here... Can we stop calling him LBJ? That would be Lyndon B Johnson. He has enough ridiculous nicknames as is, how many Kings do you know without any rings? I like LeBron but I'm beginning to dislike him because of his giant charade.

Also Chris Bosh missed the playoffs 5 out of 7 times in the EAST - And he had better players (arguably) than James did.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its funny they showed on yahoo he had his clelebration party already booked in miami before he annouced his decision.

callaway ft5 9 degree driver
callaway diablo 15 degree
callaway diablo hybrid
callaway x forged 3-pw px 6.5
callaway x forged 51,55,59 wdgesbettinardi bc1 putter

Sports are getting political. Baseketball was right.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

Screw LeBron. We gave him everything he asked for in Cleveland.

Oh well. Dan Gilbert will find a way to win. It may take a season or two but he'll get us back on top. We've got alot of pieces to the puzzle we just need the big one.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

See I don't agree with this at all. His legacy is not damaged. If he wins a ring next year, he will look like a genius. If that's all that Cleveland needed, then why haven't they gotten him that person? Cleveland did nothing to help themselves and Lebron obviously got tired of it. He made a good decision and it will pay off. Cleveland will be nothing without Lebron and that is why Gilbert is so upset.

Remember what all the critics said about Kobe and his first three rings? It's the same dynamic. What if Kobe left L.A and joined Phoenix with Stoudamire and Nash? Kobe wouldn't have a legacy either.

I think more people have respect for Reggie Miller than Lebron James. Like I said he wasn't on a struggling team. Cleveland finished on top for the last two seasons! You can't do that with just Lebron on your team.

Can someone please explain to me why anyone in Cleveland has a beef with Lebron? I don't see how he owes Cleveland anything. He is a free agent and took the best opportunity to win it all. If you mad because "Lebron quit", then be mad at him for that and be happy he is gone. Manny quit on the Sox, and I couldn't be happier he left town.

The part I resent in this whole ordeal is the 1 hour "Decision" show and the LIES. True, proceeds went to charity, but that was over the top. Lebron - please don't tell me you woke up on Thursday morning and at that time decided to go to Miami. You called your mom to tell her. PLEASE - you have had this planned for a long, long time, probably years. You decided on Thursday? I don't think so.

Driver : ping.gifG15 10.5* Serrano Stiff
3W: callaway.gif RAZR 15*
Hybrids : adams.gif A7 19*
4- PW : mizuno.gif MP - 63
Wedges : vokey.gif50*, 54*, 60*Putter: cameron.gif Scotty Newport 2.5Bag: sunmountain.gif 2011 SunMountain C-130

I completely agree with you ronbo. I'm also very disappointed at the lack of class displayed by the Cavs owner when he made his comment about Lebron's decision. I wish he would have stayed in Cleveland myself but it's his career and his decision.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

He had a good team in place in Chicago but he didnt wanna go there lol

I don't think he is style would have been a good mix for Rose?

He's taking less SALARY. I don't believe for a second that he thinks he's taking on less money. He makes most of his money from endorsements (thanks Nike). Any money he's giving up in salary he believes he will make back in endorsements if they win or he wouldn't sign for less money. ESPN (aka LJ's love monkey) tried to spout that crap too!

Yup, and more will come his way....

yes because Jordan was always the leader in a very solid way.

What about all the Jordan years he couldn't get past the Pistons?? Three years in a row....88-89-90.

They finally went and got a new Coach and good players....unlike the Cav's!
See I don't agree with this at all. His legacy is not damaged. If he wins a ring next year, he will look like a genius. If that's all that Cleveland needed, then why haven't they gotten him that person? Cleveland did nothing to help themselves and Lebron obviously got tired of it. He made a good decision and it will pay off. Cleveland will be nothing without Lebron and that is why Gilbert is so upset.

I agree 100%. He needed to leave. Gilbert couldn't get any good players to help. LeBron made the best decision by leaving.

Screw LeBron. We gave him everything he asked for in Cleveland.

I know you are directly hurt by it since you are a Cav fan, but I disagree.. They brought in scrubs who they thought would play beyond there skill. Mo Williams? Shaq? Dan Gilbert didn't bring in jack! That team had so many missing pieces you might as well throw it away and buy a new one.

Look at all the Championship teams over the last 10 or more years....How many good players are on those teams...Lakers, Celtics, Spurs and Bulls?? They all have 3 or more stars and above average role players who can turn it on or be starters on other teams and probably be all stars if on other teams. He made a sound decision to leave Cleveland regardless of where he went and he felt Miami is it.

What about all the Jordan years he couldn't get past the Pistons?? Three years in a row....88-89-90.

That's bollocks.

89 & 90 They already had Phil Jackson, Horace Grant and Scottie. They just came out hungry and won in 91.

Oh my my my. Where to begin. (sorry, I honestly forgot about this thread. And I started it, lol)

I grew up watching Jordan. Basketball was MY sport growing up. I couldn't get enough of it. Now? I bet I haven't watched more than 2 minutes of an NBA game in over 5 years. (but don't think that discounts me and my opinions about the game)

Instead of replying to single previous posts I'll just respond w/ this;

What LBJ did was crap. Don't give me this, "oh, he just wants to win and it's a perfect situation." "Wouldn't you rather live in South Beach over Cleveland?" "Cleveland didn't or won't do enough to help LBJ" "He took less money"

That's all garbage.

First off, LBJ is 25. 25! If he was 33 and ringless, I would understand the situation. As Charles Barkley said, "If I was 25, I would want to be THE MAN and win a championship basically because of ME." LBJ won't have that in Miami. As I said, I'm just old enough to remember Jordan from the late eighties through his championship years. Jordan did it the RIGHT way. And don't give me this crap about Jordan having Grant and Pippen either. To me, Pippen is the most overrated basketball player in the history of the NBA. (No, I'm not joking)

Pippen and Grant were nothing more than pawns to Jordan's Knight. He was THE MAN and he and his team won because of that. You think Jordan ever wanted to form a team of superstars just to win a ring? Jordan wanted to win, but he wasn't the kind of guy to pull something like that to do it. He wanted to win BECAUSE of him, not share the load w/ two other all stars.

LBJ is basically taking the easy road. How anyone CANNOT see that is either blind or clueless.

And hey, if LBJ likes South Beach so much, why can't he live down there during the offseason? Or after his playing career? The argument about playing where it's "nice" is basically kind of stupid, especially for indoor arena playing NBA players. (Jordan, and boatloads of other great champions played where it's cold in the winter. Didn't seem to bother them much.)

LBJ's legacy will forever be changed because of this move. And hey, I really believe MOST people now view him in a bad light, and for good reason.

You go LBJ. You go get that ring. You failed to bring a trophy to your hometown, so now, during the PRIME of your career, you don't want to risk it. You HAVE to get that ring no matter what it takes. I guess the pressure of having to be THE MAN is too much to bear.

Good luck..........................................

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

You know who I feel bad for here? Antawn Jameson. He is (seriously) one of the best players in the NBA. Top 25 at worst. And everyone is saying the Cavs had nothing. They had 2 great players, a couple good ones (Mo Williams, Shaq, Z, Delonte, Varajao, Powe) and a few mediocre ones. They were a good team. Now they really are going to be bad. Role players are nice when they are playing with a few superstars, but when you have one superstar (in Jameson) who proved he can't do it all alone in Washington you won't see the role players playing as well.

And for Scotty Pippen: Jordan made Pippen. He was nothing without Jordan, who taught him all he knew.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LeBron has/had every right to go where he wanted to. Play with whoever he wished, so long as they accepted. That's the basis of free agency. Where LeBron really ruins things for basketball, his fans, and his legacy lies in the following:

1. He said, "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it."
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...f8Xda3KlGTLz8O
That's a bold statement to make, especially if you're not going to keep your word.

2. He was a refreshing image that the NBA needed in terms of class, respect, and heart. Every pro athlete has an ego. Without the strong self confidence they wouldn't be pros. What everyone hoped for was an athlete who they could relate to. I'd like to say most of us thought LeBron was a good guy (in some sense). So much for class and respect. I'll refrain from commenting on his love of the game, because that's subjective and the goal usually is to win titles. (Though Karl Malone stuck with the Jazz without ever winning a ring... still considered a legend).

3. Any reference to LeBron being the most transcendent basketball player ever goes out the window. He feels he can't win a championship on the Cavs, so he needs help. He needs Wade to be the leader for him, so that he has an easier chance at a ring. Fine, that's his prerogative, and good for him if it works out. However, the Cavs had the best record this season, were the favorites in the East to make it to the finals, and possibly the favorites to win it all this past year. Still, he couldn't do it. All those trades, demands, picks, nothing could help LeBron win a ring in Cleveland. That doesn't sound like the greatest ball player of all time.

4. LeBron's monkeys called Cleveland to notify them of his departure. With everything they've given him, LeBron should have had the decency to call them himself.

Is he a great athlete? Of course! Is he justified in being in Miami? Certainly. But, to be called King you have to be the best, and leaving your post to be someone else's backup for an "easy" shot at the title doesn't make you the best. It's sad for me to say that I respect Kobe more than LeBron.

BTW, go Celts!

Peeking out of my Ascent stand bag

Hyper X 10*
3, 5, 7 X Fairway Woods
MP-57 4-PW MP-T10 56*-10 White Hot #1

Oh my my my. Where to begin. (sorry, I honestly forgot about this thread. And I started it, lol)

I'd say he is a Queen if anything... since we're comparing basketball to chess. A knight doesn't have shit on a queen.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I'd say he is a Queen if anything... since we're comparing basketball to chess. A knight doesn't have shit on a queen.

haha. This I know, but saying a knight sounds better.........

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Not to mention Cleveland had to sit on their hands all offseason. would have been nice when looking for a coach to know that LeBron wasn't going to come back. would have also been nice to know LeBron wasn't coming back when the first week of free agency was going on. Don't tell me he didn't know he was going to Miami until Thursday, and don't tell me he woke up one day thinking he was going to one team and the next day going to another. He also spoke about himself in the third person, what a prick.

He is a coward for not even calling his former employer to tell them he was leaving. LeBron himself continually refers to basketball as a "business." I don't know about any of you, but the few times I've left one job for another, I told my boss face to face that I was leaving and told them a couple weeks ahead of time so they had time to find someone to replace me.

Anyone who has watched LeBron play for 7 years knows he quit on his team in the Celtics series. I don't buy the elbow issue. And don't tell me you "spoiled" me with your good play and that it's ok to have three bad games in a row. Not in the playoffs. And then he played grab-ass with everyone on the Celtics after the game as if he didn't care, which he apparently didn't.

"The Decision"? What a tool. He can't even shave an even beard.

I hope Delonte enjoys Gloria's beach house.

Driver: MX-560 9.5*
Hybrid: mx-700 20*
Irons: MX-23 3-pw
Wedges: Tom Watson PVD 52* SV Tour 56*
Putter: White Hot Tour #9

I hope Delonte enjoys Gloria's beach house.

Hahaha! Funniest story in sports is Delonte dating LeBron's mom.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!