IGNORED

World Cup Final

Arsenal8807
Note: This thread is 5055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That dude getting kicked in the chest was brutal. I love this game.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

I'd like to follow the upcoming English Premiere League season - anyone know it you can watch it via internet streaming in the US? I'm guessing ESPN3 might stream it?

www.footycast.com is a good place, sometimes you have to put up with watching it with chinese commentary :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

I'd like to follow the upcoming English Premiere League season - anyone know it you can watch it via internet streaming in the US? I'm guessing ESPN3 might stream it?

support us! we're awesome trust me (Manchester City)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

support us! we're awesome trust me (Manchester City)

So Manchester has 2 teams? I'm leaning towards Arsenal, as I've read many Nick Hornby novels, but I'm open. I also overlooked MLS, which I have easier access to.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So Manchester has 2 teams? I'm leaning towards Arsenal, as I've read many Nick Hornby novels, but I'm open. I also overlooked MLS, which I have easier access to.

It depends what you are looking for nevets. Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have qualified for the Champions League and usually those are the most exciting matches of the season. Next comes the title race which of late has typically been between Manchester United and Chelsea. Most clubs in English football mean a lot to their local communities and history counts for a lot too. Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool probably hold the most interest at the top end of the scale.

no, Manchester has one team, Manchester City, there is a team just outside of Manchester in a place called Trafford who like to think of themselves as being in Manchester but are just kidding themselves called 'Manchester' United (Scum) but dont go anywhere near them, we'll finish above them this year anyway

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

MLS games are fun. The talent isn't like all of the European teams, but the games are pretty good. I went to one a few days ago between the New England Revolution and the LA Galaxy. Partially hoping to see Landon Donovan play, partly hoping to see some good soccer, and partly happy because it's the cheapest way to get into Gillette Stadium. It was a good game, the Revs won 2-0, and I got to see Edson Buddle, who plays for the Galaxy and was on the US world cup team.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

no, Manchester has one team, Manchester City, there is a team just outside of Manchester in a place called Trafford who like to think of themselves as being in Manchester but are just kidding themselves called 'Manchester' United (Scum) but dont go anywhere near them, we'll finish above them this year anyway

A perfect advertisement for the "joys" of being a citeh supporter. Excepts he neglects to mention that they mock Manchester United remoresely by chanting "USA, USA" just because we have an American owner!

MLS games are fun. The talent isn't like all of the European teams, but the games are pretty good. I went to one a few days ago between the New England Revolution and the LA Galaxy. Partially hoping to see Landon Donovan play, partly hoping to see some good soccer, and partly happy because it's the cheapest way to get into Gillette Stadium. It was a good game, the Revs won 2-0, and I got to see Edson Buddle, who plays for the Galaxy and was on the US world cup team.

Yeah, I took a look at the ticket prices. Not too bad. Even here in NYC, a good seat is $45. $20 for the cheap seats. A little more when the top teams from Europe comes for friendlies. I think I'm going to start watching football.

I started reading up on the leagues and history. I lost myself and when I looked up, it was an hour later, felt like 10 minutes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

no, Manchester has one team, Manchester City, there is a team just outside of Manchester in a place called Trafford who like to think of themselves as being in Manchester but are just kidding themselves called 'Manchester' United (Scum) but dont go anywhere near them,

Posssible but not likely. City have always been the 2nd class team in Manchester. United is still the #1 team in that city.

Dude. Why the hate? :)

Dude. Why the hate? :)

Jealousy.

I'm a Chelsea supporter btw. I don't know how man u did so well last season. They hardly have a team left.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I don't think United did well last season at all. Not what we were a few years ago but we'll set a target of 88+ points for the title this year and see who can beat it.

Arsenal are my team.. hence the name lol. But yeaaaaa I'm gonna have to agree with Man Utd being the top team in Manchester, and there is no way MC will finish above them; just being real. I would like to see Roy do a good job for Liverpool, it was sad they didn't finish too good. I would like to see how its going to finish out this season, I am super pumped for Arsenal to play.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Just want to add that i did not get to see Donaovan play. He was taking time off after the World Cup. But it was still fun, and a great game.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

That reminds me of a story my grandmother told me. Her and my aunt were in Manchester and had tickets to see United play in some exhibition match or something. They wanted to see George Best play. Turns out they got lost on the way to the stadium and asked someone on the street where Old Trafford was, his reply was simply: "I'm a City fan" and he walked off! Can't say people aren't passionate about their team. And to top it all off George Best didn't even show up to the game.

As for the final, the Netherland's tactics were simply negative and they deserved to lose. Regardless of whether or not all the fouls and cards were justified, Spain were the ones who were trying to play good football and play their own game, the Dutch were just trying to disrupt the Spanish instead of creating chances of their own.

I started reading up on the leagues and history. I lost myself and when I looked up, it was an hour later, felt like 10 minutes.

Lots of good reading on Wikipedia, especially because it is widely unbiased.

In my bag:

Nick, bitter blue much?

Now a red will throw his 2 pence worth into the mix, so the readers will get some balance. As you are probably aware, Manchester United began life as Newton Heath FC back in 187? and subsequently changed their name to Manchester United in the early 1900s. I can assure you that the Newton Heath area is firmly within the City of Manchester area, thus the name Manchester United was perfectly justifiable - at the time MUFC was born, they were located in the same 'Manchester' as your team. So, it seems that Manchester United was born in Manchester and is also older than your club of choice. Only later on in the early 1900s did they move to Old Trafford, which although is within the borough of Trafford, is still within the geographical boundaries of the Greater Manchester Metropolitan area. Sadly, although "you don't go anywhere near them" I reckon you're very much amongst us, because I suspect (from the golf courses you play) that your home (and probably place of birth) are geographically closer to Old Trafford than they are to either Eastlands or Maine Road? As for the part about Manchester United being "scum", I'll put this down to envy. It must be frustrating to watch your local rivals dominate, whilst your team haven't won anything for 34 years? Come on Nick, since your team made it back to the top division, your biggest games of the season have been derby games against United! Despite splashing the cash on new players this season, I still don't think MCFC will be challenging at the top, sure they'll get a couple of results here and there, but finish above United / win anything?
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 5055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!