IGNORED

How Exhausted Are You After 18 Holes?

acegolfer
Note: This thread is 1752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 walking holes is no problem in decent weather. I can walk 36 holes, and still make it to my truck under my own power. 

45 holes, and I need a few cold ones, and a nap.

I mentioned "decent weather" above. If it is really windy, walking 18 holes would tucker me out pretty well. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not so exhausted, but, boy, do my joints get stiff about an hour or so after the round. Then, I take Aleve or ? and seem to get tired a couple of hours later and have to take a nap.

As far as concentration...I played fairly well (for me) on Saturday, 6 under my HCP. My concentration/intent was to play with no fear, let the ball go where it will, and to play with a really long (for me) tension-free swing. Those were my only "swing thoughts". Worked for me. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

When I was in my 20s and early 30s, I could walk, carry my clubs and play 54 holes without much of an issue.  Now that I am in my 70s, when our group goes to Myrtle Beach each year, a group of us will play 36 holes usually 4 out of 8 days riding in carts.  I am the oldest guy in the group that does this.  I am ok afterwards.  Good enough to go take a shower and then go out to eat.  Get up the next day and do it all over again.  😃

The last time I actually played 54 holes in same day, I was 64 and we were riding in carts on a hilly golf course.  Still did not bother me all that much.  We did it 2 days in a row.  It was fun.  

Edited by RickK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I am far less exhausted after a round of golf than I am after 8 hours in the office, take that how you will. 

Any exhaustion I have from golf is probably because I get up early and grab the first tee time of the day. Afternoon naps after a round of golf are superb. 

- Mark

I'm 42 and I play in the brutal heat and humidity of South Florida all summer long.  If I'm in a cart, I can go 36-45 holes.  If I'm walking, 27 at most, usually no more than 18.  

You have to manage your energy out there, especially if it's hot.  Sunblock, hat with a brim, Trail mix, and lots of water.  

In the Bag:

Tour Edge Exotics Driver, 3W, 3H, 4H, 5-PW, Adams Golf 54 and 60 Wedges, Wilson SW, Ray Cook putter.

18 holes and I am not tired, though if I don't drink a lot of water it really tells on me.  I reckon I could play 36 holes no problem.  I don't carry my bag, though I will pull my own trolley.  I rarely use a cart, though that only helps if you are hitting to the side where the cart path is.  Otherwise you are walking quite a bit from cart to ball and back

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Note: This thread is 1752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!