IGNORED

Anyone ekse work out?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 4018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started doing push-ups and sit-ups a couple months ago mainly just for physical appearance but ive noticed i have gained about 20-25 yards on my drives over the course of this time. I hated it when i started but now its a habit, and i feel weird when i don't do it. Just wondering if im alone or if anyone else works out.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I work out, mainly for golf. I'm probably the skinniest bastard you'll ever know, and I do the normal gym workout with free weights, then I go to golf specific exercises such as core twists, and stretching my body, for a better body turn. But being the short knocker off the tee and fairway, I need all the distance I can.

In the bag:
Driver: 907 D2/Proforce V2 R-flex
Hybrid: Burner '07 3 Hybrid/Re-Ax Shaft/19* (4* draw bias)
Irons: AP1 4-7i
AP2 8-PWedges: Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52.06/56.11) VR Forged Chrome 60.06Putter: Ignite 001 Ball: Pro V1/ One Tour/

Im a big guy. 6'3 260lbs. I work out for the ladies lol. Im pretty strong so Im trying to lose the extra weight.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started doing push-ups and sit-ups a couple months ago mainly just for physical appearance but ive noticed i have gained about 20-25 yards on my drives over the course of this time. I hated it when i started but now its a habit, and i feel weird when i don't do it. Just wondering if im alone or if anyone else works out.

Funny: I took up working out for the golf benefits (which eventually did materialize), and the physical appearance bonus came about.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have worked out off and on for a long time, mostly lifting weights, though you wouldn't know it unless I told you... Right now is an "off" time until my daughter is old enough that I get some free time again. Because, of course, the very little free time I have now is entirely consumed with golf...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I thought most everyone worked out in some way or another whether to help their game or not. Ive worked out with weights for about 15 years, though the last couple years ive stopped lifting heavy at the gym and have some dumbells i use at home and run for aerobic exercise. I guess i see some benefits on the course, helps keep me stronger and more flexible and not as tired toward the end of the round. Im about 5'11" and just under 200 lbs and work out also to maintain my weight and fitness level. Even playing and practicing although i dont do either for exercise, im sure you do burn some calories which also helps keep my weight at a managable level.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

i work out regularly but not for golf. just as a hobby.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

i really want to start back running and doing yoga. but i always seem to find something other to do than run, and yoga studios are f off expensive here in dallas. didn't take them long to figure out rich, jobless soccer moms have lots of money at their disposal. : /

I work out, more so for my appearance and to be strong than for golf. Having a lot of core strength does help for golf though because it helps you maintain your balance which allows you to swing harder and not lose balance.
I do a lot of pushups and situps (about 150 a day of each) as well as bench press, arm curls and squats.
I also do cycling for cardio. I ride my bike about 30 minutes a day.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I work out for lacrosse and football at school. Which is mainly strength training, and I do more chrome work at home, like shaping and tightening muscles.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

Im a big guy. 6'3 260lbs.

Haha, thats why i started truth be told. But im 6'3 170lbs so im trying to gain weight instead of losing it lol.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

I do. Here lately I've the 300 work out to gain some mass (bad ass regimen if you want to try something new), but usually I just stick to workouts that use my own body weight as resistance. I'm a avid runner and train for half marathons (hopefully the full Music City Marathon next year) however I'm not built like a typical runner at all-- 5'9" and 165lbs.

What's crazy is how stamina golf takes. This is my first season of golf and I started with the preconceived notion that golf wasn't really an athletic sport. With how hot its been, its crazy how much 18 can drain you.

Working out has been my hobby longer than golf. 6'3" 220lbs 10% body fat I do find it does help with my power as I'm a naturally (and starting out) a little bit stronger than most..

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I do. Here lately I've the 300 work out to gain some mass (bad ass regimen if you want to try something new), but usually I just stick to workouts that use my own body weight as resistance. I'm a avid runner and train for half marathons (hopefully the full Music City Marathon next year) however I'm not built like a typical runner at all-- 5'9" and 165lbs.

I wish I could run like that, i just cant push myself to run idk what it is about it. The only way i can get any cardio in is basketball pretty much lol.

What's in my bag?

Yeah I am a big guy and can smash it a mile but I prefer to swing easy like Ernie and keep it straight. I am 6'0" and range from 225-235......used to box for years and just retired from MMA fighting about 2 years ago. Getting older and don't heal as fast. I had instructors tell me left and right "You need to quit working out for size" well this was not gonna happen so I found another big guy for lessons and he has taught me how to use my size and frame to the best I can. I have shortened my backswing a lot and am closer to 3/4 and have actually gained a few yards and far more accurate.

I work out very regularly and still work out for size so mobility suffers but I am harnessing it quit well lately. I do get a lot of looks on the first tee with my size, shaved head and multiple tattoos and a full sleeve on my left arm. I get the "OMG this oughta be good" look a lot until I get up there and stripe one down the fairway......god I love that feeling!

3 Wood-Dynacraft Avatar XMOI w/Apollo FW Shadow
2/3 Hybrid-Power Play 5000 w/True Ace Red Storm Hybrid
4-PW Power Play System Q2 w/S Apollo Spectre Lite Steel
50*/54*/58*-Acer XB Satin w/S Apollo Spectre Lite Steel
Putter-Nike BC101Ball-Top Flite Gamer V2

I wish I could run like that, i just cant push myself to run idk what it is about it. The only way i can get any cardio in is basketball pretty much lol.

Ah you definitely can, especially being 16. Just start off slow and short, and work up from there. Its crazy how fast you can progress if you stay on it. 3 months and 5k races won't be a big deal.

Yeah, I lift 2-3x per week, just to maintain a little bit of strength, and I run 4-5x per week. I starting running about 4 years ago, and now it's one of my main hobbies.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Note: This thread is 4018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!