IGNORED

Low handicappers playing with high handicappers

jetsknicks1
Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All I care about is pace of play, you could be all over the course as long as you keep up.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pace and etiquette are the two most important factors...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

No problem as long as they keep up and don't expect me to spend alot of time looking for ball's.

Woods: Titleist 909 D3, Titleist 909 F2
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue
Irons: Titleist AP-2
Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled
Putter: White Hot 2 ball.

There's a guy in a wednesday league that will pace off yardages from the pin to the fairway 80 yards out. Just his style, he takes forever over putts. I was in the group with him, it didn't bother me at all, he holds the whole league up, but he has the right to play like that, who cares.

That is completely b.s. in my opinion. I'd definitely say something to that guy. Pacing yardages from 80 yds is ridiculous. What's his handicap? He better be freaking good.

And why not just pace from the 100 yard marker to his ball? Seems to make more sense.

yea, that post made me kinda chuckle as well. Sounds like he may have an over inflated opinion of his game.

if i play in a 4some i play fast, its not that I despise a 25hi, its just very few of them play briskly. I know a couple that will play quickly and no big deal. When you play a course that diificult and expensive and your paired with a 25hi that loses a ball every other hole, it kinds stinks when they dont use common sense and drop another ball from last known location. When a ranger comes to my group and warns me, if you dont pick up pace im moving you up 2 holes, how would you feel? As a 19 I play 14 par or bogey holes a round then I will post a quad or two and a trip on a par 3 of all things, when Im lying 6 on a hole and im not on the green,and there is a group behind me Ill pick up my ball. Im probably lower than a 19 because i dont use ESC in my scores. I dont care if a guys a 30HI if he can finish a 4some round in 4hours, Ill play with him.

I don't mind playing with any handicapper, but I do find it slows the four down as a whole ..... like I spend more time on the putting green then higher handicappers usually do and they spend more time getting there.

I don't mind playing with any handicapper, but I do find it slows the four down as a whole ..... like I spend more time on the putting green then higher handicappers usually do and they spend more time getting there.

If you played with me, you would recognize right away that Im on the green in 2 or 3 on every par4/5 except a couple and those I would either pick up my ball and take a triple bogey or quad, depending if I hit OB twice on that hole or I just move the ball to the green fast. I play faster than most single digit HI I know. I dont throw clubs or disrespect others. Usually, I will keep a steady pace on the first 5 holes and ill be 2 over par. Then the blowup occurs and Ill go frantic pace to finish that hole.

One thing I'm guilty of sometimes is that I forget what's going on behind me as I'm so focused on the endgame on the green.

I'm usually what I call, "near or on the green" in regulation most of the time and I sometimes forget when someone takes 2 or more extra strokes to get to the green, as I'm a fast player. One extra stroke, I pretty much always catch.

I can see how someone can think I'm peeved, when I'm not, it's just really my bad and something I have to work on.

But I agree with others, I don't care what skill level one is as long as pace is kept and a modicum of etiquette is observed - noise and not getting in the way of my shot.

Stepping on my putting line, playing out of turn actually doesn't annoy me at all. If I have one peeve, it's people who stand too close or in my view on any shot. I always make sure I'm as far away from someone as I can be and out of view.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steelernation lol

You, a 19 handicap are complaining about all those "25 handicaps".

You do realize they are only averaging 5 ish strokes worse than you over the course of 18 holes. The difference between a 19 and a 25 is hardly noticable on any given hole.

It seems like you need to re evaluate your game and understand that you have more than your fair share of bad shots.

Stop complaining about people that are slightly worse than you and focus on your game.

Oh yeah, as a 13 i cant stand playing with those terrible 19 handicaps. (end sarcasm)

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
Halo 19 Degree Hybrid Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

I am a mid-high handicap. And I don't like play with low handicaps. I alway thinking " shit, I got hurry up! run forest run! they are all watching..." That makes my shots even shittier. I like play with people slightly better than me, so we are pretty much share the same speed and also I can learn a few things from them.

Steelernation lol

If you read the entire post, its pace of play i have issue with. When I play with 25's they are slower than 10' 15's etc. Some 25's are not slow as i stated, they I have no prob with. Ive also shaved off 5 strokes in the past 12 rounds, used to be a 24 HI in 2009. Hey i could play with a 5HI who is slow and yea that will get under my skin. Regarding bad shots, yes I make them. Thats not the issue; pace of play is. To generalize, higher HI's take longer than lower HI's, but this is not always a clear indication. Sorry if I sound like im profiling.

I don't mind having them in the group, if they know how to keep up and observe the basics. The one thing that bugs me the most is the looking for balls on every hole. I don't mind helping someone look every once in a while, but it gets old when on every hole they are wandering around in the trees or tall grass or woods or rough. Just leave it and move on, or better yet, keep and eye on it so you know where it goes.

I don't play any better or worse with higher handicap players, it can be frustrating at times though.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

if i play in a 4some i play fast, its not that I despise a 25hi, its just very few of them play briskly. I know a couple that will play quickly and no big deal. When you play a course that diificult and expensive and your paired with a 25hi that loses a ball every other hole, it kinds stinks when they dont use common sense and drop another ball from last known location. When a ranger comes to my group and warns me, if you dont pick up pace im moving you up 2 holes, how would you feel? As a 19 I play 14 par or bogey holes a round then I will post a quad or two and a trip on a par 3 of all things, when Im lying 6 on a hole and im not on the green,and there is a group behind me Ill pick up my ball. Im probably lower than a 19 because i dont use ESC in my scores. I dont care if a guys a 30HI if he can finish a 4some round in 4hours, Ill play with him.

If pace of play is your only concern then I'm fine with it. I hate being held up during a round as well whether it's by a high HC taking forever to look for a ball or a low HC standing over a putt like it's for the Masters Championship.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

If pace of play is your only concern then I'm fine with it. I hate being held up during a round as well whether it's by a high HC taking forever to look for a ball or a low HC standing over a putt like it's for the Masters Championship.

Yeah, whenever I've take 3 or 4 strokes to get on the green, I want everyone else to hurry along so I can move past that hole and erase if from memory.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I don't mind having them in the group, if they know how to keep up and observe the basics.

This bothers me as well. It also bugs me when everybody comes over to help look for a ball. I believe proper ettiquite is for the player who hit the ball to look for it and for everybody else to go to their ball so they're ready to hit.

This bothers me as well. It also bugs me when everybody comes over to help look for a ball. I believe proper ettiquite is for the player who hit the ball to look for it and for everybody else to go to their ball so they're ready to hit.

Man, if no one helped me find errant ball I'd think hard about not playing with these guys again.

When 'pace of play' is mentioned my alarm bells start ringing because I worry that people want to play too fast. One of the things that impacts my game most is that the higher HCs I play with and it is usually higher handicaps don't have much of a preshot routine. They could hit 3 putts in the time it takes me to hit one. If they had a routine my routine would overlap with theirs and I wouldn't feel so rushed.

In fact, come to think of it, lack of routine makes players too fast when taking shots, yet too slow when doing just about anything else.

Man, if no one helped me find errant ball I'd think hard about not playing with these guys again.

The rule book states that proper ettiquite is for the guy who hit the ball into the woods to look for it while the others get ready to hit.

Note: This thread is 5015 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!