IGNORED

Guys what should I have done?

Bigacito
Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

as soon as the marshall started bugging me about letting the group behind pass through, i would have said ok, you just lost two customers. i'd have marched back to the clubhouse, demanded a refund, and written a letter to the pro about how he can more fairly run his course.

even if you were playing slow?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Personally I would have asked the beginners to either play best ball or sit out a hole while you guys caught up. I am a 27 handicap and if I am having a bad day and slowing down the group I will play best ball. It's a little embarrassing I admit but I can tell they appreciate it.

I can be embarassing but I think we've all bee there. When I was just starting and was holding the whole group up my buddies would have me pick up and toss my ball on the green so I could at least putt. A bit embarrasing but I understood the reasoning.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

i would have said ok, you just lost two customers.

I hear this a lot and despite the "economic downturn" which really isn't effecting every industry I don't think a lot of people realize that most businesses couldn't give a rat's ass if they lose a customer or three. Even if you tell all your friends how horrible you were treated. It very rarely will have any effect at all. Most consumers don't realize the scope or size of most businesses. It seems like that course is doing pretty well and they'll just get 2 more guys who are too lazy to drive another 30 miles to another course to fill the spot you left.

I'm not saying it's right but I do find it funny when I hear that "threat" and retailers or service people say "ok, but can you go ahead and leave because the line behind you is backing up."

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

as soon as the marshall started bugging me about letting the group behind pass through, i would have said ok, you just lost two customers. i'd have marched back to the clubhouse, demanded a refund, and written a letter to the pro about how he can more fairly run his course.

Letting a group play through is that much of a burden?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I wouldnt have left course to speak with the manager, I would have told the ranger to go get him. Once you gave up your position it was over. Seems not like a case of extremely slow play but rather a bad starter.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Who defines slow? Someone said 12 minutes for a par 4. Just trying to visualize your story, it seems you were probably within 12 minutes. While I agree that slow play sucks, I think its played up too much on these boards. Sometimes a course just gets loaded up and you're going to have a slow round no matter what you or the marshals do. Relax, take some practice swings, shoot the shit with your partners.

CARBITE Putter

Sounds to me that this was more of a case that the 3some wanted to play faster as opposed to your group playing too slow. I think I would have let them play through and taken it from there. On another note, it shouldn't be an issue that marshalling is a tough job. Most of these guys are retired and probably get a lot of free golf. If you can't do the job you are paid to do, go find something else.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

you roughly like to play 15 minutes per hole for one round, average, thats 4.5 hours for 18 holes..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I would have let the 3-some play through the first time the ranger asked, then I would have made sure my group maintained the pace behind them (or the 4-some that teed off before the OP on the 1st tee if they let the fast 3-some through). That way you would have got in your round. If the group in front of you were out of sight I'd say there was a legitimate opening for the 3-some behind you to move into and then they could even passed the other groups in due course.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Note: This thread is 5037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!