IGNORED

WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2010

bananas
Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the commentators, Ewan Murray, said he thought Tiger would play the PGA next week and that'll be the last we see of him 'till the Masters next year.I think he might be right.Doesn't even look interested.

Goes against what he says himself, getting out there and playing tournaments. Only problem is it's not tournaments he needs, it is a coach that can fix his swing funk.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Goes against what he says himself,

If he was serious about that statement he'd have been out there weekly, playing tournaments like the Texas Open, Colonial, HP Byron Nelson etc, all relatively well paying events and each one another chance to get his game in order in a

competitive environment. According to the official schedule on his website, he's down to compete in the PGA next week and JB Were Masters in Australia.Says nothing about the HSBC Champions in China or even his own Chevron challenge.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Tiger wishes there was a cut at this tournament. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "WD" next to his name tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, Bubba Watson's Friday attire contains two more breast pockets than any golfer needs.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He won't WD, but surely he is not too amused with heading out in the fourth flight of the day. If anything, it may give him some practice.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The WD was just handed in by Lee Westwood.

Lee's nursing a torn calf muscle, not a bruised ego, so that's understandable.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Commentator (after Phil plays from a bunker from the wrong fairway): "Someone should introduce them to the novelty of hitting the fairway".

Double bogey on that hole pulled him out of tied for 2nd.

[edit]
Another quote:

Commentator (after Phil's tee shot nicks a spectator and the spectators line up to make room for his second shot): "If they'd just stand on the fairway they'd be safe."

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Commentator (after Phil plays from a bunker from the wrong fairway): "Someone should introduce them to the novelty of hitting the fairway".

and he still shot 2 under that's just how he plays I'm not sure why people aren't used to it yet
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

and he still shot 2 under that's just how he plays I'm not sure why people aren't used to it yet

Not sure if you're referring to me or the commentators, but either way yesterday we just found it amusing. He gets himself into fairway-side trouble a lot, habitually so, but he gets himself out of it very well, making him a very entertaining player to watch in my opinion. Probably my favorite right now. The downside is that some days he doesn't get himself out of trouble well enough and scores terribly, possibly missing the tournament cut. See Colonial 2010.

The commentators seemed surprised by the driving accuracy of the field in general, Phil's spectator sniping being just the pinnacle of it. Back to Tiger: 5 over par. Wow. 78th/80 for active players.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Mid-afternoon Saturday, and currently seven players are tied for the lead.

Can Phil make a put over 3 feet???????? ugh. That seems to me to be the worst part of his game. He cant make anything.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

Can Phil make a put over 3 feet???????? ugh. That seems to me to be the worst part of his game. He cant make anything.

IIRC he sank a 20 footer for his 2nd birdie of the day. But I agree, it was dicouraging to watch his putting on shot tracker today.

How about Goose's perpetual motion ball? That's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Just following the Tiger horror show on shotracker..

On 16, he drove into the right rough, and then according to shotracker, hit a shot that went 21 yards.Now I know shotracker can get it wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised..

Next shot he tries for the green.. 280 yards away, puts it in the water and takes a 7.+18 now with two holes to go.Can he really be this bad or is he just not trying?
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Sunday. Tiger is on his way home having shot a 77. Is it more embarrasing to have missed the cut, or to have to have stuck around for two more days for no purpose? This might be the first time he has ever played in the first group on Sunday.

And you know? Some golf commentators will pick him to win the PGA. "I know he's playing like (fill in the blank) right now, but don't ever bet against Tiger!" Just watch.

Well, Henrik Stenson did make sure he couldn't finish dead last. Which is something.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Next shot he tries for the green.. 280 yards away, puts it in the water and takes a 7.+18 now with two holes to go.Can he really be this bad or is he just not trying?

At this point, he doesn't care about the tournament for sure. Same thing happened at Quail Hollow the last round where he shot +7 on the back nine Friday. He probably tries, but not with the effort and will he would do in contention.

Note: This thread is 5014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!