IGNORED

Jim Gray

westcyderydin
Note: This thread is 4827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jim Gray couldn't hold Jimmy Roberts' mic.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll go with Corey Pavin on this one. Corey has a lot of integrity as a person and a player. Gray has a bad rep for a reason.

I could not have said that any better. Gray should be shunned by all the players not only this week but afterwards. He would be more suited to report for the National Enquirer.

Well said, he has a history of being an uncouth, overzealous, reporter. Pavin might have said something that could have been misinterpreted, but anyone with common sense would know that the Ryder Cup captain isn't going to choose the captain's picks until after the PGA Championship.

seriously? i think he knows who he's going to pick already if the rankings stay the same, i also think he said that he'll choose Tiger but is trying to backtrack a bit. obviously thats all in my opinion

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I channel surf when he comes on the air, he is a tool. I was never a Pete Rose fan but what he did to him that night was inexcusable. He'll end up on American Gladiators before its all said and done.

I saw that interview as well. I wanted to kick the TV screen the way Gray conducted himself. Im not a Rose fan either, but did feel sorry for him.......... kinda.

I can't stand Corey Pavin (I think he's a sniveling little turd), but that being said, I think Gray was out of line for openly confronting him like that.

It's the black and white spy from Spy vs. Spy. I haven't decided who to root for, but wouldn't want to go on a long road trip with either one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Not surprising a reporter that works for BSPN made up a story.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I agree, and I think Gray is an a$$hat! He turned the Pete Rose "interview" into an inquest. Remember the MLB players refusing to talk to him post game??

If you look at the last 2 digits in my username you can probably guess what I think of Jim Gray (Pete wore #14). I always wear 14 when I play sports. Started when I was young because I play sports the way Pete played baseball (play hard, hustle, etc.). Off the playing field, Pete has been an embarrassment. As for Pavin/Gray, even if Gray was originally correct, his behavior as made him unbelievable. Who's going down now? Wasn't he also the tool that was involved in that deplorable LeBron James debacle called "The Decision"?

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Corey Pavin isn't the warmest or nicest personality around but when I compare that to Jim Gray's lackluster track record, I'll stand on Pavin's side with this one. Gray is the master of this type of garbage.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

The best explanation for what Pavin said was that "of course" he'd pick Tiger. Even if that's true, you can't report that as promising the pick to anyone. At least, not if you're an honest reporter...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• 6 months later...

Originally Posted by Savnuts1

Back to his old tricks. TMZ, here he comes....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/02/jim-gray-yanked-from-golf-channels-coverage-of-northern-trust-open/1?csp=34sports

He's an idiot... does anything more need to be said?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Savnuts1

Back to his old tricks. TMZ, here he comes....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/02/jim-gray-yanked-from-golf-channels-coverage-of-northern-trust-open/1?csp=34sports

He's a freelancer? Why in the world would anyone ever pick him?!?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Don't know the first thing about the guy, but puzzled as to what he did wrong here? If DJ was late and did get handed the penalty, what's wrong with reporting it? Did he editorialize on DJ's brainpower or his caddy's (in)competence, or something? Must be some details missing.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by jamo

He's a freelancer? Why in the world would anyone ever pick him?!?

We're talking about him, and The Golf Channel, right now. That's why.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4827 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!