IGNORED

Rory calls out Tiger!

breakout89
Note: This thread is 4992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guys this may sound like a cop out but when rory goes off the ball its usually because of his back, only recently has he decided to bring a physiotherapist along with him to every event. If you cant see the comparison between rory and tiger then you are intentionly blinding yourself, its embarrasing.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys this may sound like a cop out but when rory goes off the ball its usually because of his back

yeah, of course it's a cop out. one that doesn't really hold water considering tiger's always had a bad knee.

really, i'm ''blinding'' myself? why, because you say so? i come with stats and facts, and you come with opinions and ad hominem. and if i'm the one who's ''blinding'' himself, then what do you have to be embarrassed about?

yeah, of course it's a cop out. one that doesn't really hold water considering tiger's always had a bad knee.

Look at these stats so keeping in mind the talent has risen dramatically, rory has two very prestigious under his belt, incredible amateur career, top tener at 19! tiger won his major 48 hours after rory came incredibly close(not for the first time) if rory gets a major next year, then the two have identical records, after which tigers "slump" began for the next two and a half years, if rory picks up more titles in this time, he will go past woods at his age. And who knows what he could do from there, with his game anythings possible.

If you think he doesnt have the potential to do this then yes you are blinding yourself, and if you think that comparisons cant be drawn then you are blinding yourself further! Im done with you, you love tiger too much to even consider someone could challenge him. Tiger doesnt have most wins on any tour or majors, and with his current form that might not change, although I hope it does.

• Administrator
if rory gets a major next year, then the two have identical records

Rory won three U.S. Amateurs in a row?

if rory picks up more titles in this time, he will go past woods at his age.

Uh, that's a lot of "ifs."

Tiger doesnt have most wins on any tour or majors, and with his current form that might not change, although I hope it does.

You do realize he's way, way, way up there, though, right? And that catching him will be... very... difficult.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

like i said earlier, tiger won his first major by 12 strokes. that's not simply winning, that's mastery.

whatever man. yeah, i'm a tiger fan i'll admit, but i'm still not sure how that matters at all. rory's gifted, no doubt. he'll likely win multiple majors, i'd reckon on par with phil, vijay, and ernie. but no, i don't honestly believe that he will accomplish what tiger has.

Rory grew up watching and idolising Tiger, he could be doing it in an attempt to fire Tiger up. I'm sure Rory would rather see Tiger in good form, than the below average performances his of lately. He is of course the biggest challenger to anyone playing on the PGA Tour, but still, he is an icon to the sport.

On the other hand, I doubt Tiger has even read this thing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

like i said earlier, tiger won his first major by 12 strokes. that's not simply winning, that's mastery.

That would be a pretty safe bet since only one man has more majors and the next closest is 5 short.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Rory won three U.S. Amateurs in a row?

Well since he didn't grow up in the states, no

.His amateur record is exemplary though.But yeah, I don't think anyone's trying to say he's gonna win 14 major titles.But in the past 10 - 15 years, has anyone Rory's age made such an impressive start to his career?I can't recall anyone.I dunno, I think he's worth being excited about.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

touché. sergio was amazing for a while. then there was justin leonard before tiger and sergio.

The only "amazing" thing I ever saw in Justin Leonard's game was that he won with that ill fitting hat. He dominated golf the same way Jim Courier dominated tennis.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So Tiger's finding a bit of form then, currently leading the Barclays with an opening 65.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Well since he didn't grow up in the states, no

again... I'll throw AK in there. 2 big PGA tour wins in first couple years of being pro. lost his game a bit because he partied too much...so his determination and maturity isn't quite there as much as Rory is but as far as skills and potential goes, I think AK is right up there.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Because I watched the quail hollow, rory is streaky no doubt but when he gets going few strike the ball like him, when tiger was rorys age he also had two wins both of which were less prestigious than rorys.

You are wrong. Tigers first major win was at the masters at the ripe age of 22 in which he won by 12 strokes. As for the talent factor, you all have seem to forgotten that tiger was a single digit capper before he turned 10 years old and was striping balls at 4.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

You are wrong. Tigers first major win was at the masters at the ripe age of 22 in which he won by 12 strokes. As for the talent factor, you all have seem to forgotten that tiger was a single digit capper before he turned 10 years old and was striping balls at 4.

Rory dominated amateur golf in Europe before he turned pro.

I'm not sure he'd be able to win the masters by 12 strokes though!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Rory is good...but there weren't many who came along before Tiger that were like him and there probably won't be many, if any afterwards. He is(was) a golf machine. Its ridiculous to try and compare anyone to someone who's won 14 majors. Thats not some easy task. When Rory wins 7,8,9 majors then we can have some sort of discussion.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Rory dominated amateur golf in Europe before he turned pro.

I am aware of Rory's amateur record and actually consider him as one of my absolute favorite players. I just don't understand how people on this forum have such short memories with Tiger woods? His Amatuer record is every bit as good a Rory's...and his total resume from 1997 to 2001 (young twenties) is absolutely unbelieveable. Rory has to accomplish ALOT for the comparision to be close.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

again... I'll throw AK in there. 2 big PGA tour wins in first couple years of being pro. lost his game a bit because he partied too much...so his determination and maturity isn't quite there as much as Rory is but as far as skills and potential goes, I think AK is right up there.

If you really want to split hairs.. Kim's first win came at 23, Rory's 19.Kim's played in 11 majors and had 2 top 10's, Rory's played in 8 and had 4 top 10's.But look, comparing players like this is pointless.The whole point that someone brought up, despite not being on topic for this thread, was if Rory could match Tiger's career.AK's 25 and and has 3 tour wins and no Majors, so he obviously isn't likely to have a career anything like Tiger's.Rory, so far is tracing a career path very similar to Woods, so it is theoretically possible, however unlikely.But yeah, no one's saying he's better than Tiger, or is definitely going to be as successful.

Note: This thread is 4992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!