IGNORED

Made Pizza

ks8829
Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just made Pizza for the kids tonight, turned out alright considering I made it.

I let the dough rest for 4 hours I am going to try over night next time.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I like making homemade pizza, (I buy the ingredients from the grocery store) lol

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Do you make it often? When I make pizza I just buy the dough, sauce, and fresh mozzarella at a local market. Some things I like to do are roll out the dough with a rolling pin (it speeds the process which limits gluten formation, which means the dough is less chewy), pre-bake the rolled out dough (after liberally poking it with a fork) to make sure the crust is crisp, and using a black sheet pan (pizza stone is ideal though) on the bottom rack. Before I bake it I like to top it with squeezed fresh garlic and dried oregano, and sometimes mushrooms and onions.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

damn 4 hours...seems long...I make mine and hit the oven on for like 3 min just to take the chill outta it and put a towel over the large bowl i place the dough in and then let it rest about an hour inside the oven or microwave...with it off of course just a place where it wont be disturbed from rising...when rolling it out try not to over work it...yum...thanks for reminding me...I havnt made some in quite some time...I'll have to make some this weekend
sunmountain.gifC-130 Bag
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 8.5 Fubuki 73x Stiff 45"
ping.gifG15 4W 17.0 X-Stiff ping.gifS-56 3-PW Project X 6.5 ping.gifTour S 52, 56, 60 S300
cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2.0 34"
bushnell.gifTour V2

I started making pizza dough last year and started a new batch yesterday with a new receipe. Not totally happy with the results, last years dough was with a recipe from the American Test Kitchen, yesterday was another receipe from the internet. I have watch a few videos on You Tube and will try another today. I made Focaccia bread before and might try making it again for the kids.

I like to get my 9 year old daughter involved after she finished homework.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Made pull pork sandwhiches, next is the cole slaw.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Use san marzano tomatos for your sauce. Just get the whole canned ones or crushed and pull the tomatoes out with your hands and crush them in a bowl. Add a little olive oil, basil, salt and pepper and garlic if you would like. Doesnt need much stuff added. These tomatoes are the best for sauce and used in italy for pizza.

damn 4 hours...seems long...I make mine and hit the oven on for like 3 min just to take the chill outta it and put a towel over the large bowl i place the dough in and then let it rest about an hour inside the oven or microwave...with it off of course just a place where it wont be disturbed from rising...when rolling it out try not to over work it...yum...thanks for reminding me...I havnt made some in quite some time...I'll have to make some this weekend

This is good. I'm a baker by trade. Warm the oven to around 100-120 degrees and dampen the towel you put over the bowl (not enough to where it will drip on your dough, but just enough so that the towel is damp to add humidity inside the bowl with the dough). Let it rest 30min to an hour. Also make your dough according to the directions on the pack of yeast (warm water with the yeast, etc.), and be sure the yeast you're using is fresh. Yeast likes warm slightly humid conditions to rise. Letting the dough rest too long just means the yeast in the dough won't be active any more and your bread won't rise properly. Also as has been said don't over work your dough after it's rested. Work it into shape, add toppings (or pre-bake slightly if you prefer) and cook. Making your own dough is quite easy and makes a big difference with homemade pizza. also you get to make your crust exactly how you like it.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Pull pork with cole slaw inside the sandwhich was great, next is making bbq sauce. What to make next?

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

I'm always trying to get the roux right for gumbo. Maybe get that sorted and report back.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm...pizza....Can someone post up some good homemade pizza recipes?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I make my own pizza all the time. I am making as we speak. I used to let it rise in a proofing oven and punch it down and rise again, but I could never throw it, it would always tear. Well I started making the dough and letting it set up in the refrigerator over nite or a couple of days. I try to get it out 1-2 hours before making pizza and it holds together nicely and I can even throw it. Use a little semolina flour in the recipe as well, it helps with the firmness.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

When my wife and I were newly married we had a ritual every Saturday night in which I'd make one of those Appian Way pizza mixes along with about 3 pounds of toppings (pork sausage, carmelized onions, sauteed green peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella and romano cheese). They took about 45 minutes to make and I don't make them anymore because we seldom have the time but boy those bring back some great memories. As for the dough I followed the package instructions and let it rise 15 minutes in a bowl covered by a warm damp towel and never had any problems.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Made pull pork yesterday, browned the pork shoulder and added chicken broth and a bottle of cabernet wine with fresh garlic and baked for 3 hours then made my own bbq sauce: ketcup, honey or maple syrup, worchester sauce and any hot sauce for kick. pull pork on a toasted bun, next is to make some cole slaw to put in the pull pork sandwhich.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

• 3 weeks later...
Made pizza again, It's getting better, I did the following things that helped.

1) I rolled out the dough for thin crust pizza
2) I used parcement paper to place between the pizza and the pizza stone for easy removal
3) At 550 degrees I bake for about 8 minutes.

my wife says that it's marvelous, I am the pizza man now.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

If you want the sticking-prevention of parchment paper with a little added taste and texture, maybe try putting cornmeal between the crust and the pizza stone next time.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!