IGNORED

Noob Mistakes You Made

tracker
Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 stand out

1-i got some insurance money & bought a set of x16 pros with s300s at RETAIL. Could not handle the lack of offset or those shafts. Lost out huge on them. Still sore at the guy who let me walk out with them. "You're a young guy, you need those stiff shafts."

2-learned to play by playing TW2003 for PS2 with a buddy of mine. So before we started playing i went out & bought a 1 iron. Figured i can hit from 260 on TW i can probably get 240 out of it being a newbie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me its not safe behind all lefties. i hit a tree with a wedge from about 20 yards, not a full swing but a punch shot so it had some speed to it) and as a pitcher in baseball the auto reaction to a line drive is to catch it with your bare hand so when it came back at my head i caught it with my bare hand

Great, just when I thought I was safe.

Reminded me of what happened the first time I played on a course. One of our 4-somes ball landed on the golf path that had a stone barrier to prevent carts from leaving the path. He took a full swing with his wedge, skulled it, the ball hit the barrier, ricocheted and hit him in the thigh (few inches from the family jewels). If I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it. Took us about five minutes to finally stop laughing and make sure he was okay, which he was, except for the welt on his thigh.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I first started I would over-penalize myself strokes when hitting out of bounds or into a hazard .(Taking my 2nd shot as shot #4 when it should've been #3).

Maybe I really didnt shoot in the 130's my first couple of rounds (alot of water on that course)

Also I would hit off of cart paths not realizing that I was entitled to relief.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Also I would hit off of cart paths not realizing that I was entitled to relief.

wow hope that wasnt with those AP1's

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

wow hope that wasnt with those AP1's

Those shots were made with the hand-me-down set from my father in law (or what was left of them after several heads went flying on the driving range)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Those shots were made with the hand-me-down set from my father in law (or what was left of them after several heads went flying on the driving range)

ROFLMAO. nice.

WITB:

very first time i showed up to play golf, i was in some basketball shorts and a underarmour type regular shirt... I thought nice clothes were only for pros to wear lol.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

2 stand out

this is what i hate when i tell people i play golf, and they say "thats the easiest sport ever, all you have to do is hit the ball" so most anyone that hasnt hit a golf ball thinks they can just walk up with a club and smash it as far as they please... whenever they say this i just laugh.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

this is what i hate when i tell people i play golf, and they say "thats the easiest sport ever, all you have to do is hit the ball" so most anyone that hasnt hit a golf ball thinks they can just walk up with a club and smash it as far as they please... whenever they say this i just laugh.

My buddy tried telling me that one day so i took him to the range and he must have wiffed like ten times before he even hit one, then it took him like 10 more before he even got the ball off the ground. I then asked if it was easy and he told me he was walking home and didnt want a ride while i finished my bucket. lol

WITB:

That's what I love about golf . .it is easy . .but it's also unbelievably difficult. It just depends.

I remember my first hole I ever played I made a par on, and thought golf was easy...I proceeded to rack up a score not even worth mentioning.

Haha, I did the same thing. Hit the green on my very first swing on a short par 3. My cousin looked at me like WTF?!?! and then I proceeded to play like a noob does...some good...but mostly bad :)

I have the topper mistake. I was 15 at the time and my buddy and I were both new to the game having picked it up over the summer with our dads. During a frosty fall morning we get to the course early and on the first hole we can't figure out why they forgot to put the pins on the greens and instead left them short in a semi-mowed area (we had no idea what a temporary green was). We proceeded to play the entire front 9 moving every pin along the way and playing the "real" greens. It wasn't until we were standing on the 9th green that someone came out, chewed our butts good, and kicked us off the course. Obviously we learned from that mistake and did not make it again.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Our local football team was out for their tourney not so long ago. Watching these huge kids just trying to kill the little white ball was enlightening. I don't think anybody got a driver over about 6 feet in the air.

Honestly, before i started playing the thought of golf was just ridiculous to me. I used to live across the street from our local par3 course. I played there once in my first 27yrs. A high school gym outing. I used my grandpas old clubs & everyone laughed at my wooden putter. But when i got engaged & my father in law & his brothers would take off every weekend to golf i figured i'd better give it a crack. Then i got hooked.

2-learned to play by playing TW2003 for PS2 with a buddy of mine. So before we started playing i went out & bought a 1 iron. Figured i can hit from 260 on TW i can probably get 240 out of it being a newbie.

This is awesome, one of the funniest golf related things I've heard. LOL

One of mine would be this past weekend in a tournament. Sunday morning I was 2 over going to #8. I wasn't hitting the ball that bad, but my driver got me in some serious trouble on a couple of the early holes. Anyway, birdied 8, 9, and 10, going to 11 with some serious adrenaline and positive thoughts...then the thunderstorms roll in. During the 1 hour and 40 minute rain delay I sat in the clubhouse drinking beer and sitting on my ass talking. When I got up to head back out to 11, I stood up and realized I was buzzing pretty bad. Shot a 79.
The end.

909 D3
Exotics XCG 3 wood
3-PW VR TW
MP-T10 52 and 56
Sasquatch Tour stand bag Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Last week I left my newish 60* Cleveland wedge behind

Ive def grabbed for my 9 and been like nice I can place this right on that green. Only to have the ball go 50yards over the back then I look down and its a 6 iron >_

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 4984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!