IGNORED

Golf Channel Instructor Search

iacas
Note: This thread is 4869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This one is pretty good, but I'm interested in TGM aspects and I think this is TGMish.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is pretty good, but I'm interested in TGM aspects and I think this is TGMish.

I like this guy and the Rice guy - couldn't watch the one in between - but no, Gene Sarazen did not invent bounce in the 1950s.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Ted Fort is a good TGM guy, yeah. He has a good video about how plane lines are straight and how you wouldn't hammer a nail by waving the nail all around. Bah, I'll just include it:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Been checking back on

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/instructor-search/ today - uuhhh, ohhhh. Most interesting was the comment on Wayne Players video tip page
mindog Said on 11/22/2010, at 7:38 PM EST “Wayne 'Gary' Player only got this spot because of his daddy! There were many better videos sent in but the Golf Channel decided to only go with insiders, no outsiders allowed. The other two finalists were also insiders, and were on the Golf Channel many times before. It was absolutely ridiculous that they asked all us golf pros from across Canada and the US to participate in a closed-shop-contest. Shame on them! Douglas”

Hmmm, what do you all think about it? Best choices?

Well, I think they could do worse than Martin Hall, but that's hardly plucking some unknown from obscurity. The whole thing does seem like a bit of a stitch up.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Hi all,

I have just seen the three finalists the GC brass selected and was shocked to say the least. I actually had one of the three finalists tagged as one of the three "most painful to watch", while I had another in my top five. While the demo shows they each do will be interesting to watch, I do believe there will be no contest when it comes to the public voting for who they like. I had the presentations by Clearwater, Ritter and Malaska tagged as the three I would vote for. So much for that....
Oh, and what happened to the fourth finalist? Not enough quality entries perhaps.
I had not read this thread until today and I did get a chuckle out of the few readers who commented or enjoyed my video - thanks for that! I didn't think anyone would notice. I was also pleased that somebody got my wisecrack about hitting longer iron shots by taking one extra club - nobody ever got that one.
Andrew Rice
www.andrewricegolf.com
www.itsallaboutimpact.com

I'd vote for Martin Hall, if they didn't ask for my e-mail address. I could of course just type in a random address, but it's a principle issue.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
I'm of the opinion that TGC should be publicly shamed for the scam they've pulled over with this one.

A few reasons why this contest is a scam:
  • At least two of the videos (Player, Hall - not sure about the gal) were not listed on the site prior to the deadline.
  • Voting, given the first point, clearly didn't matter.
  • Four finalists were supposed to have been chosen - there are only three.
  • NONE of these people are "new" at all. The gal and Hall have over 200 videos available for download and have been featured on TGC's site repeatedly and have hosted or been guests on countless TV shows.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I guess you could say The Golf Fix ... (puts on sunglasses) ... was in.

But seriously, write it up for the site. It might well get picked up and would at least make them squirm a bit for what was a pretty crappy stunt to pull on people in the name of viral marketing, or whatever the justification was.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

But seriously, write it up for the site. It might well get picked up and would at least make them squirm a bit for what was a pretty crappy stunt to pull on people in the name of viral marketing, or whatever the justification was.

i will second this motion.

Colin P.

• Administrator

I think people pretty much all know that this occurred. I'm tempted to send an email to The Golf Channel, though.

I wonder what the other pros think - some had a decent video production the leave an impression... Did the investment pay off being treated that way by TGC? I think not. Did one of the contestants write to TGC asking for an explanation?

But hey, TGC is another money making machine in the golf industry - what did everybody expect? Fairness and decency?

It sucks. Really.

I got a tip from one of the insiders...very political as you all know. I think this is all a formality for one of the three. I will pm Erik with the "prediction".

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Cry, baby cry, make your mother sigh, you're old enough to know better....

Even though someone is a virtual lock to win gold at the Olympics, they still hold the race, just in case the favourite falls down or fails the drug test. Maybe these guys didn't fall down or fail the drug test and nobody else set a world record.

Speaking of gold medals and world records, the one for most memorable first post ever goes to . . .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!