IGNORED

Taylormade burner 2.0

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thats the first time i read about golf irons and sound tuning - i think they are slowly losing it!

Whats next, you duff it somewhere 80y with a 5i and they make it sound like Garcia hitting it 250 out there?????

BTW 5i - 24 ° loft and when you look up the womens specs - its the same...........

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

• Administrator
Thats the first time i read about golf irons and sound tuning - i think they are slowly losing it!

Most golf equipment companies do this. The little screw-in weight in Titleist fairway metals and drivers and whatnot are partly there to tune the sound. In fact I think every club built by the bigger companies in the past 10 years is tuned to "sound" as good as possible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I understand it for any kind of club with a lot of room where sound can develop and resonate - i owned the original Nike squre driver which popped your ear drums when you hit it inside a room - but irons? Didnt Mizuno do soundtesting on their irons 3 years ago? I dont think they sound tuned them or?

I just bought a set of old MP-33s - there is definatley no sound tuning going on there and why should it, once you hit the sweetspot all is fine, why mask it up when you dont hit it.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Check out the Mizuno "Sound of Feel" videos.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Uh, no, I wouldn't. If I were really brand biased, I would never use Nike irons, but the fact of the matter is, they're good clubs. I've owned some TM clubs, but they make utter crap anymore. Their Burner irons felt like bricks, and thier drivers are over 46" long. Thier clubs are delofted, cast crap.

I hit the last generation of Burner irons on the range and for whatever reason, I was hitting my Ping G5's longer and more accurate. I'm sure the clubs are fine. Maybe the shafts in my Pings were a better fit or maybe it was just because the G5 is a more forgiving iron.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

Uh, no, I wouldn't. If I were really brand biased, I would never use Nike irons, but the fact of the matter is, they're good clubs. I've owned some TM clubs, but they make utter crap anymore. Their Burner irons felt like bricks, and thier drivers are over 46" long. Thier clubs are delofted, cast crap.

You do sound mad.

when you say that taylormades Tour stuff is the only good stuff are you talking about the TP models released to the public? Just wondering, I dont know much about taylormade.

when you say that taylormades Tour stuff is the only good stuff are you talking about the TP models released to the public? Just wondering, I dont know much about taylormade.

No the equipment that they give to their tour players is not available to the public.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

No the equipment that they give to their tour players is not available to the public.

Yeah, the TP-B irons are pretty nice, carbon steel, nice neutral iron, little or no offset. Their tour drivers are super low spin, open face, etc. Their off the rack stuff, even the so called "TP" stuff is nothing like it.

Yeah, the TP-B irons are pretty nice, carbon steel, nice neutral iron, little or no offset. Their tour drivers are super low spin, open face, etc. Their off the rack stuff, even the so called "TP" stuff is nothing like it.

oh ok, makes sense. I never could get a feel for taylormade stuff at the stores but all the tour pros use it so I guess this kind of explains it.

Note: This thread is 4973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!