IGNORED

Preparing for early Tee Times

passintime
Note: This thread is 4998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love playing early. The wet grass. The cool morning and no crowd. I just warm up good and putt. I had a 6:30am tee time this morning.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

I normally tee off 5:58 Sunday mornings. Breakfast, poop, warm shower and stretching are all very important for me before my round. I LOVE early morning tee times. Nature at its best!

Well tomorrow I have a crazy early tee time (by most peoples standards, I am usually at the office at this time during the week) at 6:27AM. I didn't know courses had such early times, but apparently the Mountainview Course in Morgantown does.

In midsummer, the first tee time on my home course is 5:24 AM. I see nothing unusual about it. I've teed off many times that early... I just play the same way I always do. I don't do warmups on the range so that isn't a factor for me. I like getting out early, but these days I usually don't play before about 7:30. I played Wednesday at 9:30 and I had a 2 hour drive west over Berthoud Pass on the Continental Divide to the golf course (left home about 7:00 AM). No problem there either...

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

also something i do before i have an early tee time, i get everything i need for that day ready the night before. i do this to eleiminate that frustrating feeling of not being able to find the matching sock of your favorite pair, forgetting keys, wallet, anything, the last thing i want before a nice early morning round is to be pissed off before i even leave the house!!!

Keep it where the mowers go!

I played at 7:00 am one day this summer and since I am not a morning person it definitely effects me a little more, I normally get up at 7:30. I got up at at a quarter to six, did some yoga, hit "almost golf" balls off my hitting mat into a sheet I have hung. Then took off and picked up a coffee, I have to have some coffee, and some breakfast.

It was helpful but I still felt a little sluggish. I usually play after 2 pm so it was very out of the ordinary for me.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have to be out the door by 4:30am sometimes. I agree with others - stretch, stay warm, coffee. Eventually you get used to it.

One thing I learned is not to expect much on the first hole. Especially w/no warm up. If I'm short 1 or 2 clubs, it's not going to worry me. Eventually, I'll warm up.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I love playing early. In the Summer, I go out just about every morning at 7:03am(The first tee time).

When I first wake up I stretch, then since it's right down the street I just walk there to get loosened up.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

It's not that bad. I sleep on the train, catch a few zzzs in the clubhouse.

I have friends who do road cycling races. They wake up at 3am to eat for carbs, freeze their butts off before the race starts.

Don't even get me started on skiing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 4998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!