IGNORED

Green Fees

ibigler
Note: This thread is 4928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I searched the forum and couldnt find anything on this....

Im just trying to see if Im getting ripped off..
What are the greens fees at the local courses you guys play?

For 18 holes with a cart on a weekend midday, its like $60. Thats also if you have a county card which costs $35 to begin with....

Just curious what you guys pay to play?

In my lightweight bag:

Driver: FT-iq 8.5*
3 wood: FT-i 3 wood
Hybrids: Diablo Edge hybrid 3-4

Irons: Diablo Edge irons 5-PW

Wedges: 50.08, 54.08, 60.10

Putter: Scottie Cameron Kombi S

Depends on the quality of the course and where you are located. Are you in North NJ? On weekends I play twilight in Long Island which starts at 1-2PM and that costs me around $45. Only way to find out if you are getting ripped off is to find out what the other nearby courses are charging at the same time.

« Keith »

That's a little more than I'm used to paying for the munis in my neck of the woods but for a private course that doesn't seem all that far out of line to me.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I'm in NE Wisconsin and for some of the better courses around here it will run $35 to $45 for 18 with cart. Now this time of year when the season starts to wind down, we see a lot of "specials" like "4somes w/2 carts" for $100 to $120 depending on the course. There's also specials like $25 per golfer for 18 holes prior to 8 am and after 3 pm. If you shop around you can play some great courses very reasonably.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

depends on quality, the cheapest here is about 35 on weekends, and the best local course here is 57 on weekends

In my SQ Sumo Bag:

Driver: Dymo2 10.5
3 Wood: Dymo2
Irons: Forged Blades 1-PWWedges: Forged Blade 56, VR 60Putter: Method 001Ball: One Gold or One Tour D

Ranges from 15-100s. Try golfnow. com, alot of times it is half off green fees with carts. If it is 60 bucks, better be really nice.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Around here it ranges anywhere from $25 to $150 for 18 holes. There is a very clear difference in course quality as the price goes up.

FT-9 I-Mix 9° Driver w/ Fubuki Stiff shaft
X 5 Wood
X 3 Hybrid
FP II Irons 4-GW
54° and 60° C-Grind Wedges Karsten Zing Putter Tour I ball

most twilight fees around here in WA is anywhere from $30 for munis to $80 for nicer courses

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

My local muni is 13 for walking 9; a nicer course that's close by has 18 with cart for 33 (still nothing "championship", but it's one of the nicest cheap ones I know of); and there's some resorts nearby that are 100+ for 18 with cart (and from what I've seen driving past it's damn near worth it)

Around here it depends on the time of year. In the summer $60 is an upper tier course but in the winter it is low-mid range fee. Muni courses are about $30-$45 walking in winter and the upper tier are over $100 and you mostly can't walk. You can purchase discount cards and they help but are not worth it if you can't play several round so mostly for residents or folks that have extended vacations.

Butch

To ride 18 at my "home course" is even more than that. $75.00 normally but $65.00 for "fall special"..
It's fancy, new, nice, etc....
But there are courses near here that are all in the 45 dollar range for riding 18....they aren't as nice, but they aren't bad either!
Your course must be a nicer one!

In The Bag:
Woods: Diablo Edge (Tour) 10*, 3W Diablo, 5W Diablo
Irons: Diablo Edge 5-PW, SW, and LW and 4 Ft-ibrid
Putter: Marxman Mini
Ball: z-Star..............eventually, cosmic rays will begin penetrating our atmosphere, tearing apart the molecular structure of our planet... "Ummm,...

wrx_junki yes im in North Jersey.

and the course that i play isnt that nice, its just the closest. The fairway are usually covered with brown spots and there's always at least one temporary green, usually like 2 or 3

In my lightweight bag:

Driver: FT-iq 8.5*
3 wood: FT-i 3 wood
Hybrids: Diablo Edge hybrid 3-4

Irons: Diablo Edge irons 5-PW

Wedges: 50.08, 54.08, 60.10

Putter: Scottie Cameron Kombi S

I searched the forum and couldnt find anything on this....

My home course for 18 holes with cart is $49 for a district resident, $53 for a non-resident. Public golf can be played for less in the Denver metro area, but usually lower quality too. It can also be a lot pricier too. Pick your course and decide if it's worth the cost.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I still get junior rates (for the next month and a half), so I can play pretty much anywhere for under $35. I usualyl play for $10-$25.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play 6-8 muni's in my area and usually about 80% at twilight. Since I alway walk, range is $18-22 and by rotating finding a good course is easy. Weekday play is $27-35 walking and add $10-15 for a cart. Like most other places, there are plenty of courses in the $75-100 range.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Green fees are pretty cheap over here

My home club is 15 euro (20 something dollars) to play.
The other club I play is only 10 euro (around 15 dollars)

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 4928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!