IGNORED

Your Most Unlikely Par Ever

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 4971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit my tee shot into the trees, my 2nd shot clipped a limb coming out and shot straight down and kicked a little right, my 3rd shot hit the green and rolled off the edge into a trap, my 4th shot out of the sand hit out softly and it rolled right into the pin and dropped.

In my club championship. It was a par 5 playing with a downwind with some left to right (slice). I hit a decent drive that sliced into the right rough. Not a big deal. I had a 5 iron left (i think, it was downwind). I push the shot, but it was pin high in two. I was 20 yards to the right the hole by the cart path, but was on some hard dirt with very little grass. There was a bunker between me and the hole with only about 4-5 yard between the edge of the bunker and the hole. I tried a flop shot off the hard crappy lie and didn't hit it hard enough. I ended up about 1 ft short in the bunker. It plugged. I could only see the top of the ball in the sand, about the size of a nickel (seriously, I want to say a dime, but that might be B.S.). Plus I had the lip of the bunker to deal with and when I took my stance my left foot was about 1 1/2 ft above my right foot (knee area). I swung pretty hard at it just trying to get it out. I swung and there was a big puff of sand, which blew right into my face. I had know idea where the ball went or if i bladed it right into the sand. I was looking down in the sand for the ball and I heard the thump. It land and rolled to about 2 1/2 ft. Made the putt. Par. I was thinking double and best. I ended up taking 3rd in my flight in the club championship.

In My Bag:
Driver: 907D2 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 13*
5 Wood: 906F2 18*
Irons: : MP-32: 3-PWWedges: : Vokey 54.10 and 60.4Putter: Circa 62 Charcoal Mist Model #6

Hit a 3-wood, thought it rolled into the water. Walked up and it was hung up in a bush just over the water. Took the one stroke for an unplayable lie, hit an 8-iron over the water, 8 foot putt for par. Pretty unbelievable for me, usually if I hit a bad drive I'm at double bogey or worse.

Callaway FT-IQ 9.5
Nike VR 15* 1H
Nike Machspeed 18* 2H & 21* 3H
Nike Sumo 24* 4H
Nike Machspeed 4-SWOdyssey Dual Force II

It was a long time ago, and i can't remember the shots, but i got on the green in 3, and i sank a 50 foot putt for par, at a hole i couldn't see because the green had two ridges running perpendicular to my line, it was crazy. All i know is my dad going nuts when it went in..

Though i hit a ball out of bounds, it was debatable if it was past the stakes, so i punch out, hit the ball to 20 feet and sink the putt

18th hole at tam O' shantern, i duff my chip and then chip it in for par, that one was fun.

The best was an awesome birdie at the elms in massillon ohio, par 5 up this hill, i duck hook my drive, push my 2nd shot up above the green about 30 yards past it and in this compacted dirt, not hardpan, like clay. I chunk the shot short of the green, then i chip in for birdie.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 4 - 400 yards , ob-ed on the right.

Re-tee off , bad shot and 190 y to the pin .

Hit an 4 iron , the ball heads towards the green , cant see the ball when on the green and apparently it is in the hole !

A cool par 4 !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

i don't have any neat stories of holling one out after taking a drop or anything like that.... but I do have a "ugliest par" ever for me. It was a pretty straight, nothing fancy par 5. 1.) bannana sliced the hell out of my tee shot into the far side of the next fairway. 2.) Pulled the hell out of my second shot into the other opposite side wrong fairway. 3.) skulled the hell out of my 3rd shot from the other fairway but hit the trees, which slowed it down enough and ended up 20 yards off the green (of the actual green I was playing, haha). 4.) skulled my flop shot onto the opposite of he green. 5.) 1 putted from the fringe about 40 ft. out to save par. Ugly. Just ugly.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Not par but one of my most unlikely birdies I've had.

520 yard par 5. Drove the ball straight into a giant bunker to the right. Had roughly 210 left which is a perfect 4 iron shot for me if I get it clean out of the bunker. Luckily, it had just rained that morning so the sand was packed pretty hard so i had a good lie and a good stance.

Water right and short of the green so the smart thing to do would be to just punch the ball out and lay up. That wouldn't be fun now would it. :)

Took my 4 iron and hit the ball near perfect...or so i thought. I climbed up the bunker immediately to see the ball headed slightly to the right towards the water. Crap...saw the splash and was ready to take a drop.

I get to the green and I'm looking around and lo and behold, the ball had bounced out of the water onto the rough. Chip and putt for a birdie!

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Most recent unlikely par on a par 5.
Stroke 1- Playing off the whites in the forward tees challenge at Alberta Springs - perfect drive into water hazard that's typically unreachable from the blacks
Stroke 2 - Drop
Stroke 3 - most purely struck 3-iron of the year - about 5 yards short of the green
Stroke 4 - chilli dipped lob wedge (should have bumped an 8 iron up to the flag) barely makes the green
Stroke 5 - 25 foot putt centre cut - would have gone 6 feet by if it missed.

Most recent unlikely birdie on a par 5.
Stroke 1 - drive pulled into left rough - slightly behind a tree
Stroke 2 - sliced 2econd shot onto wrong 1/2 of a huge double green
Strokes 3 and 4 - two putted for birdie from ~ 150 feet. The birdie putt broke about 4 feet due to the slope and the wind.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It's a toss-up...

Par 4: drive hits tree, flies 50 yards behind tee. 3-hybrid crushed but to adjacent fairway. 5 iron to 2 feet, putt drops.

Yesterday... Par 5: Great drive, great 2nd shot, 110 yards in to elevated green. Rangefinder tells me 140, hit a 9-iron on the screws. Oops. Ball is on top of hill looking down at green. Chip onto green, it rolls off and then down the front of the green and down the hill another 35 yards. 5th shot well placed on green, runs up back of hill left of flag, comes down and rolls neatly into the flagstick for par.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Second shot on a par four went under a tree with long branches so I couldn't get the ball up. I had 100+ yards to the pin with some traps around the green and small trees scattered in the rough. I took my 3-iron, delofted it and hit a punch shot out which ended up 1 foot from the hole for a tap in par. Had the same situation and results a week later.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Note: This thread is 4971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!