IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bryan, those are some of the funniest captions ever read on TST!! hahahahah!

Glad you liked em..... Why is this guy called FOOTBALL? I didn't watch his season.... Proof that if you are even the slightest bit unsure if you are the "hot guy" type or not - DO NOT do the "hot guy - squinty eyed come over here baby" look and have your picture on the internet. He's thinking "Gots to get me a woman who loves the football, and get holding penalty after holding penalty." Will they be able to see my pasty white legs? No? Ok then... shoot. "What do you want me to do? Turn, twist, tilt?" "Nope... just lay there please. Action!!!" "Wait... do you want me to rub ice cubes on my ________" "Just stand over there please. However the he11 you want will be fine. Thanks." "Why does my shirt match the couch? Is this gonna be ok? I don't like it. This is Brian's shirt for God's sakes. He thinks it's great, so I know it sucks!" "Gonna be fine Anthony, just sit down." "Are you sure? It won't look right...." "Click" (we're outta here - do they have a BW 3 in the Dominican? Judge Judy Season finale is tonight.) "Ok Lori. We are doing head and shoulder shots of all the players today. Just head and shoulder shots, ok?" "Sure, sounds good. Where do you want me... by the pool or the beach? OH! I need my sneakers." "Sit anywhere, we don't care. And you don't need your sneakers.' "No I've got to have my sneakers!"

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

After further viewing of that stupid Brian photo.... no doubt his favorite movie is Top Gun, and he loves the slow motion beach volleyball scene. Secrectly, he calls himself "Maverick" or "Viper" and mows his lawn shirtless.

He is entertaining, though. I can't get past how goofy his address/setup looks. Forearms flexed all to heck, and their position seems awfully high to me. I have arms about a week long (buying dress shirts is a pain) and mine hang way down there as well as being 6'0", so maybe it's just a body type difference. He's in much better shape than me as well. Damn.

(full disclosure - while certainly not my favorite photo... this is my favorite caption, and maybe even SIG WORTHY.)

"OK!!! PHOTO SHOOT DOMINATION!!! Take the photo on three!! ONE - TWO - TH"
"No, No, No, No, Brian, we will do the counting and the deciding and all that. You just stand there and, uh.... just stand there and dominate the, ummmm...... dominate um, uh....... Dominate your shirt, ok?"

"No problem, I dominate my shirt every day. Ready? GO!!"

While it's not my thing.... you'll have to use your own imagination - somebody is CLEARLY doing something to Sara's feet!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Just a day off.... all three kids at school, wife at work, as well as wicked fast "Control C' (copy) and "Control V" (paste) skills! In between my last post and this one, I got rid of all the leaves on the front yard if that makes you feel better? =]

I was a writer in the past... so it's not too tough to be honest.

i think brian would be decent if he acted normal, lol. He is way too tense over the ball, all his muscles are tense and veins are popping out of his head, lol. Every approach shot Ive seen him hit is way over the green. same with his chip and pitch shots, hes so tense he hits the ball way to hard without any touch.

Just a day off.... all three kids at school, wife at work, as well as wicked fast "Control C' (copy) and "Control V" (paste) skills! In between my last post and this one, I got rid of all the leaves on the front yard if that makes you feel better? =]

No disappointed. If my kids are at school and a wife at work I would be at the range or golfing.... tsk tsk

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No disappointed. If my kids are at school and a wife at work I would be at the range or golfing.... tsk tsk

It was 51 degrees when I went photo crazy.... Golf? No thanks. Had to pick up the little one from scholl at 2:30, and if I didn't get the leaves off the front yard (wife did the back yesterday) there would be repercussions of the variety of certain things being witheld. Not 100% for sure, but not gonna risk it either. Think a soccer referree giving out a yellow card. A red card and you might as well sleep on the couch for a night. Not going there.

This thread needs a few extra pages in quick succession anyway. Lots of good stuff to look at for those that have not been here for a few days. I can't say that Brian's move is uglier than Lori's.... but it's close.

It was 51 degrees when I went photo crazy.... Golf? No thanks. Had to pick up the little one from scholl at 2:30, and if I didn't get the leaves off the front yard (wife did the back yesterday) there would be repercussions of the variety of certain things being witheld. Not 100% for sure, but not gonna risk it either. Think a soccer referree giving out a yellow card. A red card and you might as well sleep on the couch for a night. Not going there.

*whip cracking.....I would take 51 degrees to golf tomorrow in. 25 bux includes cart at the Owl's Nest.....and I wanna golf it! Just run the leaves over with a mower and get outa dodge!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

i think brian would be decent if he acted normal, lol. He is way too tense over the ball, all his muscles are tense and veins are popping out of his head, lol. Every approach shot Ive seen him hit is way over the green. same with his chip and pitch shots, hes so tense he hits the ball way to hard without any touch.

I agree Brian looks for tensed up over the ball but that's his personality, his weird Ego can't get out of the way of his golf swing. Dude's head is full of cobwebs...

I have tears in my eyes from laughin so hard...seriously

this tho, BY FAR the funniest quote yet....
"OK!!! PHOTO SHOOT DOMINATION!!! Take the photo on three!! ONE - TWO - TH" "No, No, No, No, Brian, we will do the counting and the deciding and all that. You just stand there and, uh.... just stand there and dominate the, ummmm...... dominate um, uh....... Dominate your shirt, ok?" "No problem, I dominate my shirt every day. Ready? GO!!"

I DOMINATE MY SHIRT EVERY DAY!!!! BBBBWWWAAAAHHHHAHHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

soo good man, keep em coming each week,.......waay too funny
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Shirt domination.... I'm still giggling a little bit myself, I admit. Carling is sitting here still laughing her azz off and pouring me gin and tonics.
  • Like 1

• Administrator
6 strikes in one show? The format this season does not lend itself to direct comparisons with other BB's but, wow, all time classic episode.

I think they've finally got a good team format down. This still focuses on one-on-one stuff but involves the whole team concept really nicely. It's great, frankly. Previous BBs were getting tedious, but this season is one of the best, if not the best.

Awaiting the "Strike Eraser" (which I don't believe any of them can pull off under the pressure, none of us prob could either)

Here's the thing: I'd use it to erase Sara's X before I'd let Brenda back in. And I'd erase Andrew's X before I let Dave back in. Or maybe they can use a strike eraser to give Brian an X. Is that legal?

They'd do it if they could....

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So what if they get a strike eraser, how do they decide who loses a strike. Im assuming its a team vote and im sure they'll vote to let a player with 2 strikes come back in. Dave is about as mental as Brian, out there talking to himself on camera. Brenda(im not real sure why they brought her back in the first place, maybe its the accent) is probably the weakest player the women have but at least she's not a nutcase. I was shocked she lasted so long on the last big break.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

So what if they get a strike eraser, how do they decide who loses a strike. Im assuming its a team vote and im sure they'll vote to let a player with 2 strikes come back in. Dave is about as mental as Brian, out there talking to himself on camera. Brenda(im not real sure why they brought her back in the first place, maybe its the accent) is probably the weakest player the women have but at least she's not a nutcase. I was shocked she lasted so long on the last big break.

I don't know but would assume the person who makes the strike eraser would be the one to select who's strike gets erased.

Butch

How clutch has Andrew been thus far? He steps up big time when his team needs him most.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I'm not so sure of that. Blair and Christina are pretty good sticks themselves so I think the ladies could win with Lori or Sarah (but not both) absent. Seems as if they are a the stronger team top to bottom. Other than perhaps Brenda, they all seem to be able to play well. I agree with what you say about the men that Anthony and Andrew are the backbone of that team. Without them they don't have much of a chance. Blake and "Football" can play but are not as consistent and Blake can get things get in his head at times like Brian does.

Butch

Of course using a strike eraser on Sara, Lori, Anthony or Andrew is much better strategic move than bringing Brenda or Captain Skycaddie back in. I merely listed them as "awaiting the strike eraser" because that is all they have at this point. Once we get to the final four or so with the 100K on the line, you will see some major rooting, cheering, maybe team strategizing. Maybe even to much, from the bench. Until then, you hope for an eraser I guess. Get ready for some serious drama, attitudes, and some conflict among the benched players as they cheer on their remaining teammates. I'm looking forward to a fantastic ending.... If you think there has been too much drama and attitude so far... More is coming.

The team format is indeed a nice mix of individual and group golf. It's excellent.

Note: This thread is 2788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!