IGNORED

2010 Ryder Cup

bogie
Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Blind draw. I assume they don't pick slot they are playing in?

Captains do set the order 1 through 12, but the matches are by chance, depending on what the other captain does.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Captains do set the order 1 through 12, but the matches are by chance, depending on what the other captain does.

Oh ok. So USA hands in their 1 thru 12. The Euros hand in their 1 thru 12. How they end up paired is by chance.

Ok, I figured all the names were in a hat and they just drew. Makes sense now. Thanks!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

the broadcast schedule on the ryder cup 2010 page says 2nd day coverage willl be on espn at 2am eastern time like last night. However when I check the espn schedule on my guide it doesnt show it at all tonight? Anyone know whats up

Is it just me or is rory missing two five footers for two different holes pretty crazy?Anyone think its all this so called ryder cup pressure ?

the broadcast schedule on the ryder cup 2010 page says 2nd day coverage willl be on espn at 2am eastern time like last night. However when I check the espn schedule on my guide it doesnt show it at all tonight? Anyone know whats up

Id go with the broadcast schedule on the ryder cup page, your guide probably just didn't update if they changed it.

Ill probably watch for a few hours tonight.

Id go with the broadcast schedule on the ryder cup page, your guide probably just didn't update if they changed it.

yea thats what I was thinking. Espn will probably air it at the time on the ryder cup page.

For the insomniacs RyderCup.com says:

Play will resume at 8:00 a.m. BST (3:00 a.m. ET)

If you can’t get enough chatter, the hour or half-hour of coverage on ESPN will be more pre-game talk.

NEWPORT, Wales -- In view of the adverse weather conditions today, and the 7 hours, 18 minutes of playing time lost, a new playing schedule has been agreed to for the second and third sessions:

--The 2nd session will comprise six foursome matches.

--The 3rd session will comprise 2 foursome and 4 fourball matches.

--This will be followed by the 12 singles matches.

Comment:
As for strategy--

Everybody is playing all the time now. No more judgment calls about whom to sit & hide or give a break to. Not unlike the President’s Cup way of doing things.

This means everybody whom played Friday morning will play all 4 team sessions. To quote Azinger again, players who play all 4 team sessions lose their singles match 75% of the time. This could lead to some scrambly matches on Sunday.

The strategy of pairings and possibly changing the match-ups before the first tee ball is struck based upon the other team announced line-up still applies.

Session 2: 6 alternate shot matches (after completion of “Friday Four-Ball”)
This list of actual pairings is based on the line-ups used so far in game and practices.

Who would get pitted against each other is my hypothetical. (Pairs listed in alphabetical order)

Cink/Kuchar vs. E & F Molinari
Fowler/Furyk vs. R. Fisher/Poulter
D. Johnson/Mickleson vs. McDowell/McIlroy
Stricker/Woods vs. Kaymer/Westwood
Z. Johnson/Mahan vs. Harrington/Donald
Overton/B. Watson vs. P. Hanson/Jimenez

Session 3: 2 Alternate Shot + Four 4-Ball matches (begins Saturday afternoon and completes on Sunday morning.)

Z. Johnson/Mahan vs. Hanson/Jimenez
Cink/Furyk vs. E & F Molinari

Fowler/Kuchar vs. Fisher/Harrington
D. Johnson/Mickleson vs. McDowell/McIlroy
Overton/B. Watson vs. Donald/Poulter
Stricker/Woods vs. Kaymer/Westwood

Kind of amusing, the rydercup.com guys are clearly scrambling trying to adapt their score reporting system to cope with the format changes. Right now it's showing the US up 5 1/2 to 4 1/2, with projected 7 1/2 to 5 1/2 or something, and then showing Europe as having won all four Friday fourball matches. Then if you try to get more detail, it gives a message that they're working on incorporating the schedule change... Poor guys, I'm sure they thought they had everything all set to go ...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

i thought monty was scottish. why does he have an english accent?

For the same reason that all Americans don't sound like Boo Weekly.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

brilliant chip in from stricker.

Americans are up in 3 out of the four matches atm.
not winning by much though

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Hell yeah...Overton's putt was rockin! 3 up with 6 to go...they have that match! Great playing Rooks.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Tiger is walking down to a lower set of tees to work on his swing, doing a little Stack & Tilt stuff

Not a direct quote, but he did mention Tiger doing some Stack & Tilt things. That tee shot was really wide from Tiger, looked like a push.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just saw Woods swing on 17. His lead shoulder looked noticeably down and that follow through looked like that of O'Hair's.

Breed says swing is more like Harmon's. Hmmmm.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Why is Harrington in this Ryder Cup anyways?

He's 22 in the OWGR
He's 73rd in the FedEx Cup
He's 18th on the Race to Dubai

Paul Casey on the other hand

7th on the OWGR
6th on the FedEx Cup
10th on Race to Dubai

Btw., it's a pleasure to hear the British commentators on this tournament. Much better than a lot of the nonsense we get from the US stations.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

You think Casey would have made a difference against Overton and Watson the way they played? No chance. Casey's proven himself a bit of a bottler time and again this year and throughout his career in general. Not the kind of guy you want in a high pressure RC situation. Harrington probably won't do a thing in this RC, but I don't think Casey would have either to be frank.

Should have brought Rose..!
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Foursomes/Session 2 Pairings:
MA Jimenez & Peter Hanson Vs Tiger & Stricker
The Molinari's Vs Z Johnson & Mahan
Westwood & Kaymer Vs Furyk & Rickie Fowler
Padraig & Fisher Vs Mickelson & D Johnson
Poulter & Donald Vs Watson & Overton
McDowell & McIlroy Vs Cink & Kuchar

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

I don't know about Pavin not shaking up his pairings.

It is the very definition of fair to say that Rickie Fowler just committed a big rookie mistake.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!