IGNORED

2010 Ryder Cup

bogie
Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Monty sending out the first five matches was predictable.All the toughest match players in our team are there.Stricker has to be shell shocked and IMO Westwood even with the calf injury has been the best player in the world this year.Cink has putted best of the americans and he actually could take supermac as he has been a bit wild.Donald,Poulter,and Kaymer are very accurate players and I would expect them to win but as you know with these things someone unheralded in one of the matches from 6-12 will probably have a nervy 6 footer on 18 to win or get the half.Hopefully it won't be Francesco!!

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Favored by whom?

I second this, who exactly is favoring Phil? I understand Tiger doesn't exactly have his hands full with Molinari, especially considering he's played fairly well thus far. But sadly, Lefty has continued his less-than-impressive Ryder Cup play this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose, even to Hanson.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

What does that even mean? Has Monty seen how Phil and Tiger have been hitting it this week? The goal of the Ryder Cup is to win, period. Why put a struggling Tiger up against a red hot Westwood? Makes no sense.

It's about psychology. If the United States is going to win tomorrow, it has to quickly neutralize the disadvantage of a partisan crowd that will be exceptionally rowdy for staying an extra day. Tiger may play well tomorrow, or he may not, but he would be capable of producing the momentum change the Americans need to win in ways that Stricker, Cink, or Furyk can't.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Monday's play is on USA network 4AM EST, and TSN 4AM EST in Canada. Based on what I read on the ryder cup website, you should record about 8 hours to get everything.

So that means by the time I head to work (8am)...Stricker will be on hole 15-16 I imagine...Tiger probably on hole 10-11.

Hrm...maybe I will get up early to watch it.

I second this, who exactly is favoring Phil? I understand Tiger doesn't exactly have his hands full with Molinari, especially considering he's played fairly well thus far. But sadly, Lefty has continued his less-than-impressive Ryder Cup play this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose, even to Hanson.

Phil is favored in Vegas, only because of his name though...I certainly wouldn't bet on him with the way he's been playing.

I don't think Philly could even beat one of the Molinaris.
He's probably the worst player out of the 24 competing, with Dustin Johnson right behind him.

Pavin had those 2 together, and he kept mumbling to himself that they'd be alright.

I'm also not a fan of Pavin as a Captain.

why are so many people bashing Pavin. He just seems very well collected. I think hes a good captain, better than monty IMO

He might be fun to go on a road trip with and then again he might "accidentally" get locked in a gas station washroom - it's hard to tell from what you see on TV. Some people think he's an arrogant douchebag, but if I was famous and my wife was a bittch I might be a little weird too.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

From the article:

I dunno...I don't like the pairings at all...You're putting both Tiger & Phil against lesser knowns that with the momentum Europe has, will be trying to make names for themselves...Frankly it's high risk - low reward...If Tiger or Phil wins, yeah it's expected and there's little upside to that. But if they lose...that's devastating...

Personally I think they should be put against the Euro's top guns. I know they've been struggling this week, but both Tiger & Phil have the potential to elevate their games, inspire a comeback...I mean we've seen Tiger and Phil get hot (like Tiger in RD3 of the US Open) when they've been struggling and when they do, they're absolutely unbeatable...And if the US is going to comeback, either Tiger or Phil has to make a statement that the whole team can rally around... As coach I think this is where Pavin's failed...You're supposed the get the most out of your players...I think with the pairings he's put out, he's not even putting Tiger or Phil in a position where Team USA can get the best of their abilities...Seriously disappointed

Well, when the Americans run the table, Pavin will look like a champ!

2 minutes to go!

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Brilliant. Someone just shouted while it was all quiet when McIlroy was at the first tee:

"You got Big Mac, we got little Mac"

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man.....I wish I was sitting in the first tee gallery with cup of spiked coffee. Those chaps are having big fun. Looks like a good day of drinking.

Looks like some heavy cool air, too. The guys will be constantly making adjustments all day. Looks like glorious weather is on the way later.

Americans are going to have to get busy....and fast. We are getting waxed. I'm scared of the the Donald/Furyk match.....
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Looks like there is a good turnup, despite being Monday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like there is a good turnup, despite being Monday.

Really great gallery. Folks are having fun watching the worlds best go at it.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Euros looking they should wrap this up, but the Americans are starting to turn some matches. If Stricker can beat Westwood and get it on the board, that might demoralize some Euros

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

With the current deficit, slots 5 to 8 as of 7:06 am is going to do the U.S. chances. Multiple 2 downs with the rookies struggling (like the EURO rookies did in 1997 Valderrama) and Woods in his singles match.

In 2008 the U.S. Rookies carried the day with Kim, Mahan, Weekley, Holmes, Stricker and Curtis.

Stricker made the Cup team as a captain and contributed in the team sessions but lost in singles. A relative "rookie" in his 40s.

Weekley is a good iron player in his 30s with a relaxed attitude in the room playing well that year but it may have been his only Ryder Cup appearance.

Curtis is also in his 30s and made the team late based on his PGA Championship performance and that may have been his only Cup appearance.

Both won their singles matches, with Boo putting on a clinic in the heat of the victory and Curtis tacking on a the end after the clinching.

After separating Stricker and perhaps 2 "one-off" members, 2.5 critical singles points were earned by:

JB Holmes who did a great job in his singles match and took advantage of the home team course set-up. Almost made the team this time, may get 1 more cup cap in his career.

Mahan whose not as flashy as Kim nor have the huge game as D. Johhnson, but will be a cup stalwart for years to come because at his best he a superb iron player, solid putter and aggressive by nature. (Lanny Wadkins possessed much of those qualities when he was clearly the best American matchplay man in the 80s)

As for Kim it's too bad how his season went for him and this U.S. squad. Kim at his best makes birdies in buckets and has a swagger and enthusiasm that seems to fit matchplay. But the EUROS were missing key components in 2008 due to injury too.

Just a little analysis/trip down memory lane about 2008 vs this year.

1 hour and that RyderCup.com projected score hasn't budged, still 16 to 12. That 3 point earned by the EUROS dominance in session 3 including that half point in that last alternate shot match is just so suffocating.

Furyk somehow has got to find a way to scratch out a half against Donald. Overton got to win his match and Fowler or Mahan has to either get a come from behind win or both scratch out halves.

The European four-ball dominance, oh what an advantage and the one thing U.S. captains haven't figured how to counter that yet.

Pretty sure this is going to go to the Euros unless Mahan can get hot. Fowler is 4 down and Watson is 3 down, so little chance there.

As for Fourballs, I think the US just overthinks itself on the course - they spend far too much time getting out of their own games (too much time reading putts, etc.) instead of just playing. Look at DJ and Mickelson today - why would they play any different in Fourballs?

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!