IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hockey is dead to me, now that my local NHL has been sold to Winnipeg.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I've actually watched more of this Stanley Cup than I have the NBA Finals. Heh.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Hockey is dead to me, now that my local NHL has been sold to Winnipeg.

Tis better to loved and lost than never loved at all...

The canucks were running scared like little girls all last night after the horton cheapshot.

Burrows and Lapierre must be the biggest sissies in the entire league just disgusting.. "oh no stop Mr. Big mean Lucic" "Oh wait ref is here" *tries punching lucic in the back of the head*

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Originally Posted by BostonSully

The canucks were running scared like little girls all last night after the horton cheapshot.

Burrows and Lapierre must be the biggest sissies in the entire league just disgusting.. "oh no stop Mr. Big mean Lucic" "Oh wait ref is here" *tries punching lucic in the back of the head*

You sound like a typical Bruin fan.

Not saying you're wrong about the cheap shot on Horton, because that was awful, but I'm just sayin'.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

You sound like a typical Bruin fan.

Not saying you're wrong about the cheap shot on Horton, because that was awful, but I'm just sayin'.

I know I do. But is what I'm saying not true? Nuck's fans just dont like to hear anything back but coudlnt stop touting how classy they were as a team before the series started, then proceeded to bite, mock and cheapshot the bruins until the beast within finally woke up.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I know I do. But is what I'm saying not true? Nuck's fans just dont like to hear anything back but coudlnt stop touting how classy they were as a team before the series started, then proceeded to bite, mock and cheapshot the bruins until the beast within finally woke up.

I didn't hear that comment in general, but I've never heard a Canuck's supporter specifically refer to either Burrows or Lapierre as "classy" - ever.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Another thing.

When 3 of your first line stars go down over the course of 3 years due to blatant cheapshots.. Bruins fans should get a bit of a pass when emotionally overreacting to this stuff. Just saying.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I didn't hear that comment in general, but I've never heard a Canuck's supporter specifically refer to either Burrows or Lapierre as "classy" - ever.

They touted team themselves as a classy team. But when you have players like Torres-Oreo-Burrows-Lapdog making a mockery of the game by biting people and taunting them I just dont get it. At least bruins fans admit that the team is big and mean and revel in players like Lucic Chara and Horton who play with that edge.

Another thing.

When 3 of your first line stars go down over the course of 3 years due to blatant cheapshots.. Bruins fans should get a bit of a pass when emotionally overreacting to this stuff. Just saying.

It's not as though the Bruins have been saints all year though. All you have to do is look back a few pages in this thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It wasn't a blatant cheap shot.  It was a late hit.  Bottom line, if it had happened 1 measley second earlier there wouldn't be a suspension.

Where was your outrage over this hit?:

Another thing.

They touted team themselves as a classy team. But when you have players like Torres-Oreo-Burrows-Lapdog making a mockery of the game by biting people and taunting them I just dont get it. At least bruins fans admit that the team is big and mean and revel in players like Lucic Chara and Horton who play with that edge.

I think Horton just got a dose of karma, but still I agree is was cheap and dirty. It's all about timing and 1-2 seconds is a critical factor. Having said that, someone could fill up a hard drive with the cheapshots dished out by Lucic and Chara over their careers, but that's okay if the fanbase revels in it?

Nice typical responses.

Karma, you cant say that seriously.... Which player did Horton give a severe concussion to again?

The Ryder hit on Jones is debatable do you watch alot of hockey? Because most people ruled it incidental contact which is what it seems like. Ryder barely ever throws a body check so why would  he go so far out of his way to throw such an obvious interference? Why would the Ref's rule it incidental if it was an obvious cheapshot. Answer is that it was not.

I really love the strong Bruins hate. Because Boston had been class in this series up until last game when they finally struck back and now all you hear from people is WAHHHWAHH.

Who's Career has Lucic ended? Aside from MaxPac a hit which I didnt love but do think it was a standard rub out play that Chara does every game, I must've missed his numerous cheapshots because I dont remember them.

I do watch a lot of hockey.  Are you saying that refs never miss calls? Incidental my ass. Does every Bruins fan channel their inner Jack?

Nice typical responses.

Karma, you cant say that seriously.... Which player did Horton give a severe concussion to again?

The Ryder hit on Jones is debatable do you watch alot of hockey? Because most people ruled it incidental contact which is what it seems like. Ryder barely ever throws a body check so why would  he go so far out of his way to throw such an obvious interference? Why would the Ref's rule it incidental if it was an obvious cheapshot. Answer is that it was not.

I really love the strong Bruins hate. Because Boston had been class in this series up until last game when they finally struck back and now all you hear from people is WAHHHWAHH.

Who's Career has Lucic ended? Aside from MaxPac a hit which I didnt love but do think it was a standard rub out play that Chara does every game, I must've missed his numerous cheapshots because I dont remember them.

Well, being from outside of Philly, it's obvious who I wanted to win. But since the Flyers got their asses handily beaten, I have no choice but to root against the Bruins.

Another reason for me wanting the Bruins to lose is that at school, 90% of hockey fans are Bruins or Rangers fans.

-Rich

Note: This thread is 4690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!