IGNORED

The Official 2010-11 NHL Hockey Talk Thread!

BostonSully
Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Slappy9

Ok in my opinion the hit was unfortunate but Chara did not intentionally try to injure Pacioretty .. Chara finished a check period...If he let up Pacioretty might have gone around him for a breakaway...

One thing I have heard from anyone and don't understand is WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO PADDING ON THE STANCHION.....Nobody seems to take this into account....

There is padding on the stanchion.  It may be inadequate, but it is there.

paccioretty.png

• Administrator

Originally Posted by shades9323

Someone made the point that it's more there to protect players from sharp corners than from the actual structure itself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Someone made the point that it's more there to protect players from sharp corners than from the actual structure itself.

IMO, this entire issue is overblown.  Players are run into those stancions every game.  This one just happened to result in an unfortunate horrible injury.

For some "finishing your check" means driving your forearm, shoulder, or elbow through an opponent's head or running their head into the boards, goal post, glass, or stanchion. It's not hard to see why the issue of headshots, and especially the blindside type, are on the top of the list of topics at the GM meetings. The NHLPA should be involved in this, but I'm still waiting for them to make eye protection mandatory.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

The NHLPA should be involved in this, but I'm still waiting for them to make eye protection mandatory.

How long do you have left on this Earth?

How long do you have left on this Earth?

Not long enough. It's an "Association", because a "Union" would protect all members, not just the offenders.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Huffy2k

I hope Crosby shuts it down for the year actually - the risk is too great.  I think Shero picked up Kovalev for 2 reasons: 1) it only cost him a 7th (potentially a 6th) rounder; 2) It showed the guys still playing that the organIzation thinks they have a chance to do some damage even without Sid/Geno...

Crosby is back on the ice!

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=555960&navid;=DL|PIT|home

i work at a ice rink in my city and there is padding on all stanchions where the corners are exposed. it is mandatory to do so. the padding is there to prevent a bad situation to be worse. its like a sports cup. it still hurts when you get hit in the balls with one but imagine the damage if you did not have one on.

Driver taylormade.gif SLDR 12* Stiff Shaft Set Neutral
Woods- 4 Wood taylormade.gif R9 X-Stiff
Irons- adams.gif A3 Idea Steel Shaft
Wedges- Cleveland CG12 60* and 52*

Putter- Rife Antigua Island 31.5" with XL Grip

• 4 weeks later...

Well its playoff time!

As a Flyers fan I am a little worried about the first series vs Buffalo.  The Flyers did not close out the season well but I think if they can get passed the first round they should be able to make a pretty good run at the cup.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Well its playoff time!

As a Flyers fan I am a little worried about the first series vs Buffalo.  The Flyers did not close out the season well but I think if they can get passed the first round they should be able to make a pretty good run at the cup.

I feel like there is plenty of potential for upsets in the first round in all of the series this year.

Ryan Miller can steal a series himself and the Sabres have been better for the last 2nd 1/2 of the year and Vanek is a playoff monster.

Habs vs Bruins anything can freaking happen.

WAS-NYR The rangers play a playoff style system and can give any team fits when King Henrik is on top of his game, I think if they can steal game 1 and 2 then WAS will crumble and be out in 5.

TB vs PITTS I dont see this being anything other than a 7game war.

Heres to hoping my B's play your Flyers in the ECF. The B's are much healthier this year and I really like their chances, I also want redemption for last year against the Flyers that would be a great series. Go B's!

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I agree also of Potential upsets.Flyers will Push the  Sabres around out muscle them and Versteeg is playoff Beast.The Upset I see is Blackhawks over Canucks.If so then the Luongo era is deemed a Failure.Also The Preds  could make a run this year , 33 goals in there last 10 games scoring has been a weak point ,maybe they found something. Solid Dmen and Rinne is making a run at the Vezina

Originally Posted by BostonSully

TB vs PITTS I dont see this being anything other than a 7game war.

Penguins are going to roll the Lightning.  Defense wins championships.  Pit has good d and a good g.  Tampa has neither.  Teams have figured out Stamkos.

All the teams I was pulling for won last night.  Vancouver and Nashville put on clinics in the late games. With the Bolts and Pens, I could go either way any other year, but this season I find it amazing what Bylsma has done without his two best forwards and I want to see them advance. I'd love to see a Canucks/Wings series in the West, but unfortunately they'll both be gassed (travel) by the SCF.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sean_miller

what Bylsma has done without his three best forwards

I fixed it for you. Staal was out for half of the year. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I feel the first set of games were almost expected, but I'm still rooting for B-hawks... we evened out after a very slow 1st period in terms of pace.  Vancouver came out very physical that B-hawks weren't ready for. I expect the game tonight to be a very good one.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

The Canucks are going to roll the Hawks this year. 2-0 on Wednesday and 4-1 tonight. Luo has too much to prove to choke against the Hawks. The Vancouver D is way too deep and they have scoring on all 3 lines. Also Montreal will take out the Bruins in 7.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Note: This thread is 4694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!