IGNORED

How do you handle teens hiding in bushes who blow horn when you are teeing off?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never has this happen. Had baby start crying when a took my back swing in a junior comp (was about 100 ppl watching the tee off to :P) I stoped my half about half way down. waited for the baby to stop crying then hit the ball lol!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I would just ignore it. They're just kids having fun and doing no real harm and not worst than the adults driving by on the freeway/street next to the course honking in the middle of your swing.

Butch

Amazing how many badass golfers there are on this fourm!!! I'm mighty impressed.

Is it honestly that big of a deal? Kids are Kids and do dumb stuff all the time. If it happened to me I'd laugh my butt off, give them a wave and move on. It's just a game...

After a cuss word aimed their way I wouldn't do anything. But I feel very old indeed. I find nothing amusing about treating random strangers in such a rude manner. It is not uncommon for healthy people who are shocked in this manner to have their heart begin beating erratically. Death is possible. If one of these incidents has such a result I would love to be on the jury sending them away for a long taxpayer funded trip to prison.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Oh cmon really? The "air horn murderer" just doesnt sound to fitting. Im not saying its funny but your chances of dieng from an airhorn being blown 20-30ft away from sound about as good as somebody honking the horn on there car killing you.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

After a cuss word aimed their way I wouldn't do anything. But I feel very old indeed. I find nothing amusing about treating random strangers in such a rude manner. It is not uncommon for healthy people who are shocked in this manner to have their heart begin beating erratically. Death is possible. If one of these incidents has such a result I would love to be on the jury sending them away for a long taxpayer funded trip to prison.

You'd send somebody to prision for blowing an airhorn?

Are you serious? If you get a heart attack from an airhorn you shouldn't be able to walk a golf course

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Ummm, lot's of players don't walk the golf course, including me any more. I know of at least 3 players on my home course who have pacemakers, and others who have had arterial bypass surgery. Then too, people die every day from undiagnosed heart problems, so it's entirely possible that the shock of an air horn could cause an arrhythmia and end in a conviction for something like criminally negligent homicide. Stranger things have happened than that. Even if no criminal charges result, the heirs of the deceased could file a wrongful death suit in civil court.

In my opinion, gags like this are just plain stupid.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never had this happen to me in Asia, and I play most days; but it happened to me twice in Australia and I've only played 8 rounds there in my life; must be common there.

The first time, I was just 18, playing a round on my own and appreciated they were kids messing arounds and not reacted.

Second time was year later; 2 year ago playing with my then boss on a business trip (He has gone on to play on PGA Australasia Tours) and he plays off scratch. He's in his thirties and getting got very annoyed. Bush was just about 20 yards away; he through his driver at full pelt at the bushes and hit one of the kids slightly. Felt veery guilty but kinda funny. Luckily kid not hurt but he & friends disappeared soon enough!

2011 Bag: Yonex EZONE, PRGR Egg/Spoons, Yururi Irons, LIMITED HEARTS Wedges by Master Sasaya and Scotty Cameron putter. see below.

[QUOTE=BostonSully;538433]Oh cmon really? The "air horn murderer" just doesnt sound to fitting. Im not saying its funny but your chances of dieng from an airhorn being blown 20-30ft away from sound about as good as somebody honking the horn on there car killing you.[/QUOTE

Actions which result in harm to another through negligant action due not require an intent to harm someone. The are not considered murder, which requires intent, only an action which could reasonably harm another person. And to the other poster who objected to sending people to prison for such an act, it would be rare, probation or civil actions are much more likely. If you fail to clean snow off your walk, drive drunk, hit someone because you haven't replaced your worn out wiper blades there can be consequences. Many people have gone to jail for thoughtless unintentional acts. Thats my point people who are so selfish as to intentionally startle someone for their petty amusement have failed to recognize that the trying to create their own punked or 3 stooges moments are living in a fantasy world and need to learn such acts are hostile and not funny in the real world.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

For normally just blowing an airhorn? No, but all actions have circumstances. Just as you can't "yell fire in a crowded theater", or walk through Times Square throwing random punches with blindfolds on, you can't blow an airhorn in the face of someone who might be sensitive to them. But really, is blowing an airhorn at someone all that funny? And how long is the gag gonna last? 5 minutes until a course ranger can come over and either kick you off or call the police to arrest you for tresspassing?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

See if the cops will arrest them for trespassing and disturbing the peace. The air horn is over the line.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

walk through Times Square throwing random punches with blindfolds on

I might actually have to try this.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I might actually have to try this.

The only reason I said that was because that's the example that my AP Gov teacher always gave for the Schenck V US free speech trial ("you can't yell fire in a crowded theater"). Basically, you can walk down a deserted road throwing random punches blindfolded, but if you do it in Time Square you end up punching dozens of people. This emphasizes the point that certain rights are not absolute, as laid out by the Schenck trial.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The only reason I said that was because that's the example that my AP Gov teacher always gave for the Schenck V US free speech trial ("you can't yell fire in a crowded theater"). Basically, you can walk down a deserted road throwing random punches blindfolded, but if you do it in Time Square you end up punching dozens of people. This emphasizes the point that certain rights are not absolute, as laid out by the Schenck trial.

You also get to punch New Yorkers the story has 2 positives.

Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!