IGNORED

TaylorMade r11!

enis750
Note: This thread is 4823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well if the R11 is white, Im about 99% positive the R11 TP will be white as well...

Not necessarily. The original Superfast was grey, then the Superfast TP went all black. Also, Tour Issue is different than TP. Tour players use Tour Issue most of the time.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not necessarily. The original Superfast was grey, then the Superfast TP went all black. Also, Tour Issue is different than TP. Tour players use Tour Issue most of the time.

oh ok. Well my money is still on alot of Taylormade tour players gaming a white driver if the R11 is white and the Superfast is white.

Is it just me, or am I thinking that when I hit the ball with these white drivers, I'm just gonna see a white swoosh during impact? I kind of would find it distracting. At least with the ghost putters, it's a small gentle stroke...not a 95+ mph clubhead hitting the ball.....

Just my $.02

It looks like it might be some kind of internal weighting system. You turn it to the different settings and the weight shifts inside the clubhead.

Yeah the triangle has O, C, N on it so it's probably part of the overall bias adjustment -- maybe giving you a particular weighting for each face setting on the hosel?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

TM might be stealing a marketing concept from Canon who made their professional telephoto lenses white so consumers would easily identify them during sporting events. If TM could convince the pros to use their driver in white it would have the same effect, at least until every other manufacturer released a white driver.

Joe Paradiso

There may be a few white clubs on tour soon. Here is a pic of Poulter's new white ZL driver that he posted on twitter. http://twitpic.com/34yxxt

Dymo2 str8-Fit 10.5 driver & Dymo2 3 wood
#3 & #4 Machspeed Hybrids
5-PW i701 irons
52 & 58 XFT Wedges
White Ice 2-Ball CS Putter One Vapor Sidekick push cartSonocaddie Auto Play GPS

That's Poulter. He is not the average tour player. I'd say most players will stick with the standard black clubs. I really like black clubs, seem more manly, hit them much farther.

Brian

i think we will see a bunch of new white ones early in the year, after thay have been released
then once the hype wears off, they will dissapear
just like the ghost putter

big during its debut, now some tour guys are going back to a regular putter
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i think we will see a bunch of new white ones early in the year, after thay have been released

The disconnect for me is how the benefits of a white putter translate into an iron or a wood. The development of the ghost line of putters was based upon cognitive research, indicating that the contrast of the putter aided in alignment and perception. I can understand the science here on the putting green, but how does increasing the contrast between the turf and the clubhead of an iron or a driver really benefit the golfer (in the case of a white driver/iron).

Seems like nothing more than a marketing fad.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

The disconnect for me is how the benefits of a white putter translate into an iron or a wood. The development of the ghost line of putters was based upon cognitive research, indicating that the contrast of the putter aided in alignment and perception. I can understand the science here on the putting green, but how does increasing the contrast between the turf and the clubhead of an iron or a driver really benefit the golfer (in the case of a white driver/iron).

I think its just a color fad. I dont think it would distract me at all during the shot if some people think its going like throw their sight off or something.

I say ditto for the white putter. Regardless of the apparent cognitive awesomeness, if Joe Lunchpail only picks up a putter as a status symbol or because someone got hot and used it for a couple wins, and it doesn't fit his natural putting stroke, then tough beans Joe, you still can't putt.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I say ditto for the white putter. Regardless of the apparent cognitive awesomeness, if Joe Lunchpail only picks up a putter as a status symbol or because someone got hot and used it for a couple wins, and it doesn't fit his natural putting stroke, then tough beans Joe, you still can't putt.

Who is Joe lunchpail? Never saw him on the tour

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Who is Joe lunchpail? Never saw him on the tour

He broke in with Bill Everyman and Ima Hacker.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

We will soon have to take a evening class to learn how to do the adjustments with these,maybe it comes free if you pre-order online

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I kinda like it. A lot of people are comparing it to the white Cobra ZL.
Driver: Cobra AMP 10.5* w/ orange Diamana Whiteboard, 3 Wood: TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 15*
Hybrid : TourEdge Exotics Trilogy 3I
Irons: Mizuno JPX800PRO 5-GW
Wedges: Vokey SM 56*, 64*, Cobra Big Trusty Rusty 55*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 43"

Two things:
1. The TM gamers will love it, the R11 will prove to be a great piece of equipment, and mankind will be bettered by it.
2. The TM haters will bash it, like always, talking about "it's cheap looking", "not a real player's club", etc. Then, when no one is looking, they'll buy it.

It's new, so it must be better amirite? It will be extremely important to match with the correct shaft-o'-the-month, though, for max tee cred. Matrix Ozik TPHD or Fubuki Tour would both appear to fit the color pattern.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!