IGNORED

TaylorMade r11!

enis750
Note: This thread is 4823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After having it my hand... I don't mind the white but they should have just left it all white. I'm not talking about the alignment aide but the stuff around the edges just makes it to busy for me. The golf galaxy near me is doing the midnight opening too but I have a meeting tomorrow morning and if I went I wouldn't be back until 1:30. This might be the first time having a government job has actually interfered with something golf related.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

It looks better in pictures. We got ours in at work earlier this week and I went from like to not so much.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I am not a fan of the white, but after a bucket of balls I got used to it. Nice driver, real deal.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Just got back from the midnight thing at golf galaxy and would like to share my thoughts:

R11:

Very soild club, nice driver. Feel was great, loved the sound. Not the most forgiving driver taylormade has ever come out with but sweet sopt hits flew a long way and off center hits were slightly punished, but it's not like hitting blades. The spin was alot lower than the supertri which is great for me but I saw many others fail to keep the ball in the air. Defenitely a "players" driver. The ASP does actually work, I heard alot of people ranting about how it would not work and was just a spinning triangle, but it defenately changed the look at address as well as ballflight. Anyway, really nice driver. BTW, the white looks great, too!

Superfast 2.0:

Unfortunately, I did not like this driver one bit. To me it felt like a cheap toy. I thought  the look at address was awful, the head looks oblong and and akwardly shaped when standing over it. It hit the ball long, I'll give it that, but I have to say I'm disapointed with TM on this one. Feels light and cheap and plasticy. Shafts are real weak in the non-TP but the HD6 in the TP was relatively solid.

Overall I think TM did an awesome job with the R11, I'll be getting one sometime this month. Obvoiusly I didn't like the SF 2.0 but alot of others at the demo did, I guess it just wasn't for me.

• Upvote 1
Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Just picked up my R11 today (along with the $50 gift card, thanks Golf Galaxy) and let me just say I absolutely LOVE this thing.  I couldn't imagine loving a driver more then the  R9 Supertri I had but I do.  The look of it at address is awesome.  When I first heard it was going to be white I was a little iffy about it being different but Im really really stoked about it now that I used it and bought it.  I cant wait until all this snow melts so I can get out and use it :)

Ill get some pics up later in the WITB thread with my black widow grips on.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Got to hit the R11 and Superfast 2.0 for an hour or so at a demo day at our course's range today. Nice clubs -- the R11 would be my own pick and it was interesting to see how much (and how easily) you can customize the flight. Best part of the session, though, was when the head pro (a Mizuno staffer) walked up and took a few shots with the TM rep's own new Superfast. Hits three absolute bombs in a row -- high, flat perfect draws way off the end of the range -- says "Well f*** that!" and stomps away looking fairly pissed off.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So... I went to test out the r11 and after a decent first shot, the rest started to get lower and lower in distance until the shaft suddenly broke and the clubhead went flying.... I've never had that happen before and was a little freaked out. Luckily the guys at golf galaxy gave me a $20 gift card, but I don't think I'll be getting one. The feel was pretty solid on hits, which I didn't really like. It kinda felt like hitting a solid block of metal, rather than a driver. Personal preference I guess.

There she is with my Black Widow grips on it....looking pretty sweet

IMG_20110204_132214.jpg

• Upvote 1

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

^That's sexy. Might grip mine with one of those or a white multicompound. Something white.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Urge to hit this club is rising.  Thanks for the feedback for those who have hit it.

Can anyone compare the feel/sound to the SuperTri?

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Originally Posted by delav

Urge to hit this club is rising.  Thanks for the feedback for those who have hit it.

Can anyone compare the feel/sound to the SuperTri?

It's a little more "dampened" and quiter than the ST. Feels and sounds like the head is less hollow if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

As a young golfer i like the white club heads. I think it's a good change of pace rather than the same old black drivers. I think it will be popular for a little bit but then it will just be another club. Maybe someday every driver will be in either white or black. Imagine in a few years Orange and red and pink Taylormade clubs.....

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Driver
TaylorMade R9 3 Wood
Callaway FT-IZ 3 Hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 3 irons- pitching wedge
Tommy Armour 56 degree Sand WedgeTitleist Bob Vokey 60 degree Lob WedgeRed Nike BagNike GloveNike/Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls

hit it love it want to own it will own it in a week. lol

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I hitted it and didn't like it that much. That's why I got the Superfast Burner 2.0 TP, my ballflight is always low and the R11 made the ball go lower and lower because it has a low launch angle....Hope it will be the right choice!!!

Originally Posted by Tho26

I hitted it and didn't like it that much. That's why I got the Superfast Burner 2.0 TP, my ballflight is always low and the R11 made the ball go lower and lower because it has a low launch angle....Hope it will be the right choice!!!

might have to do with your swing, shaft combo...i was hitting the 10.5, adjusted to be 9.5 with the loft adjustment and 2* closed making it basically 9.5* and neutral look at address. was consistent at 11-12 launch angle...however, when i hit the 2.0 TP, i was SIGNIFICANTLY lower ball flight...but, that's why they make both kinds of clubs right? ;) good luck with the superfast TP, much better than the non-TP version IMO

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

might have to do with your swing, shaft combo...i was hitting the 10.5, adjusted to be 9.5 with the loft adjustment and 2* closed making it basically 9.5* and neutral look at address. was consistent at 11-12 launch angle...however, when i hit the 2.0 TP, i was SIGNIFICANTLY lower ball flight...but, that's why they make both kinds of clubs right? ;) good luck with the superfast TP, much better than the non-TP version IMO

It could be, I don't know. It was OK but not that great to spend 100 dollars more on a R11 TP instead of a 2.0 TP. The normal 2.0 was afwull, it was to light and I think they made it for high handicappers isn't it?

I guess you have the R11 now? TP or normal?

Originally Posted by Tho26

It could be, I don't know. It was OK but not that great to spend 100 dollars more on a R11 TP instead of a 2.0 TP. The normal 2.0 was afwull, it was to light and I think they made it for high handicappers isn't it?

I guess you have the R11 now? TP or normal?

R11 normal, the TP's shaft was a bit too heavy for me (all they had at golf galaxy), so i went with the normal and the blur...i could've ordered a lighter shaft for a nice upcharge but for 100+ upcharge for the TP more than the normal, i said forget it...and i completely agree with you, normal 2.0 felt, looked and performed like shiesse. i think it's for higher handicappers but lets be honest...what high handicap golfer gets benefit from a 46+'' shaft? as it i might take off a half inch on the R11 when i put my white NDMC on  this weekend...need it ready for myrtle next week...

Note: This thread is 4823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!