IGNORED

2010 Chevron World Challenge

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? Are you saying that because they only took 1 of the 4 majors?

Because normally they dominate but this year its been just a dreadful year for us golf, rookies were a letdown(compared to other tours), lost the ryder cup, lost the number 1 spot, only 4 in the top 10 for the us is poor campared to previous years, one WGC......need I go on, jim furyk was their best player

Because normally they dominate but this year its been just a dreadful year for us golf, rookies were a letdown(compared to other tours), lost the ryder cup, lost the number 1 spot, only 4 in the top 10 for the us is poor campared to previous years, one WGC......need I go on, jim furyk was their best player

I am going out on a Iacas type tirade here....You, whatwhatwhat are irritating. Not because you have the dumbest name ever or the fact that you are too lazy to use capital letters or apostrophes but the fact that you reek of American hatred on every thread and comment accordingly. You are the typical european that despises America even though our money, sponsors and Tiger Woods draw to golf has paid many a salary for european golfers. I am happy to recognize good playing europeans but to make blanket comments like U.S. golfers suck is only pointing to your ignorance. You should go away, open your mind and change you name and then come back. Now back to our normal thread topic.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going out on a Iacas type tirade here....You, whatwhatwhat are irritating. Not because you have the dumbest name ever or the fact that you are too lazy to use capital letters or apostrophes but the fact that you reek of American hatred on every thread and comment accordingly. You are the typical european that despises America even though our money, sponsors and Tiger Woods draw to

American hatred? seriously?? I used to live there!!!!! lol, us golf is waaaaay more exciting than european golf without question and saying 4 out of 10 in the top 10 golfers in the world is terrible sums up the quality there, you have me all wrong, american hatred where did you pull that out of? please tell. That stuff in the bold is a little extreme almost ignorant. But you are a 12 handicapper who hits the ball like a pro now and then eh?? hahaha I havent forgotten that!

American hatred? seriously?? I used to live there!!!!! lol, us golf is waaaaay more exciting than european golf without question and saying 4 out of 10 in the top 10 golfers in the world is terrible sums up the quality there, you have me all wrong, american hatred where did you pull that out of? please tell. That stuff in the bold is a little extreme almost ignorant. But you are a 12 handicapper who hits the ball like a pro now and then eh?? hahaha I havent forgotten that!

Since you lived here it changed you, flawed arguement? I finally agree with something you said, U.S. golf is more exciting. You have plenty of posts to back up my statement. It does not matter how well I hit the ball other than the fact you are trying to point the conversation away from yourself. I friend, do not have you all wrong.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Since you lived here it changed you, flawed arguement? I finally agree with something you said, U.S. golf is more exciting. You have plenty of posts to back up my statement. It does not matter how well I hit the ball other than the fact you are trying to point the conversation away from yourself. I friend, do not have you all wrong.

It didnt change anything, it just would seem odd I hate america when I was living there......I would have moved lol. The

only statement Ive ever made bashing american golf is the shameless advertising, Ive never made any other posts regarding this so dont just grab false things out of thin air and accuse people of things based you just completely made up. Its downright ridiculous and insulting.

It didnt change anything, it just would seem odd I hate america when I was living there......I would have moved lol. The

Shameless advertising, as much as it sucks, keeps the game on your television. Take it or leave it.

As far as the tournament goes ( that is why we are on this thread, right?) I wanna see Tiger crack some skulls (hopefully no skulling of the ball, though) and win with a solid margin. We all know how capable he is of doing this. And what better way to set the tone for the 2011 season.

Shameless advertising, as much as it sucks, keeps the game on your television. Take it or leave it.

I don't think Graeme McDowell will let Tiger run away that easily. He's playing brilliantly except for that 4 putt from the fringe yesterday. He made a lot of good par saves along with that birdie putt to keep Tiger from running away with the lead. I am hoping for the opposite, sort of. I would like Graeme to close the lead and put some pressure on Tiger. Tiger did well to string those 3 birdies when the lead dwindled and wouldn't mind seeing him sweat a little.

« Keith »

One thing more than anything else that Tiger is doing well this week is hitting his irons. His putting has been touch and go, and his driving has been marginally better, but his irons play has been spectacular. That's why I find it hard to believe he will collapse tomorrow.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

One thing more than anything else that Tiger is doing well this week is hitting his irons. His putting has been touch and go, and his driving has been marginally better, but his irons play has been spectacular. That's why I find it hard to believe he will collapse tomorrow.

Ya gotta agree, even the ones he doesnt like are still hitting the greens, hope graeme doesnt just give it to hit though

Anyone know what the longest putt was that Tiger made today in Saturday's round?

The talking heads on the golf channel were suggesting that Tiger has gotten his eyes back over the ball in his putting stance and making a big deal about the heel-shafted putter.

Does anyone use a heel-shafted putter?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Anyone know what the longest putt was that Tiger made today in Saturday's round?

There was a par save at the beginning of the back 9 after he hit his approach shot into a bunker. That was the longest I saw at least.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

His putting has been pretty weak by his standards. If he can find his touch on the greens and keep on striping those irons -- look out below!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

His putting has been pretty weak by his standards. If he can find his touch on the greens and keep on striping those irons -- look out below!

yea his standards are pretty high. He normally putts better than most of the top players in the world so that says alot. That par saving putt jamo mentioned was a great putt. Tigers expecting to make those 15-20 footers for birdie instead of only making one every once in awhile

I also cant believe he is about to win a tournament. Everyone was always saying this was going to be the first year he was going to be without a win. Well not anymore!!! Look forward to seeing what he does tomorrow.

There was a par save at the beginning of the back 9 after he hit his approach shot into a bunker. That was the longest I saw at least.

He also holed what looked like about a 10-12 footer for a birdie somewhere around the turn.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

To this point, I thought the announcers made an accurate statement when they talked about how he has "raised his standards." I noticed it myself. 3-5 months ago, when he had a 1-handed follow-through and rolled his eyes at his own approach shot, it would end up in the bunker, water, deep rough or what have you. Today, he did that a few times and it was essentially a solid shot that ends up in the middle of the green, 20-30 feet from the hole.

It's just some anecdotal analysis on my (and the announcers') part, but it is somewhat telling, I think. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

The talking heads on the golf channel were suggesting that Tiger has gotten his eyes back over the ball in his putting stance and making a big deal about the heel-shafted putter.

Phil Mickelson has used a heel-shafted putter at times. Example from the following article:

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010...r-masters.html I remember Tiger tried a Nike Method putter at the (British) Open and didn't have great results with it. There was a photo shot around that time where it shows Tiger after throwing the putter, the club being in front of him mid-air and inverted. That's a big change to go from the old Anser-style Tiger was used to, switching to more of a modern-blade style. I thought Tiger was again using the Method putter just to keep Nike happy, but the complete design-change was unexpected. The following article about Tiger's recent putter change gives some more good reasons and speculation on why we are seeing the Nike Method 003 putter in play now: http://www.putterzone.com/2010/12/ab...ew-putter.html

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Note: This thread is 4887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!