IGNORED

Master "New Forum" Bugs, Problems, Feature Requests, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 4820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are we still supposed to report any bugs in this thread? What about feature requests?

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Originally Posted by B-Con

Are we still supposed to report any bugs in this thread? What about feature requests?

Yes. Or in a PM. Either way, please use the template I provided in the other thread.

Feature requests we'll take as well. Those don't have to follow the format. Just post 'em here or PM them too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How does one embed a YouTube video under the new dispensation, pray tell?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Stretch

How does one embed a YouTube video under the new dispensation, pray tell?

Click the film strip, paste the YouTube URL in, click "Submit."

I think you have to be using the "Rich Text Editor," as that button doesn't show up with the "BB Code Editor".

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I think you have to be using the "Rich Text Editor," as that button doesn't show up with the "BB Code Editor".

Thanks Erik. I didn't even know I had somehow chosen "massively impaired functionality" up to this point.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

When I go to my own "In My Bag," I get a prompt which says three of my bag items have never been reviewed, and would I like to do one.

How do I find out which three items do not have reviews?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator

Originally Posted by wrx_junki

Just got a spam message from "supertrigolf" and had no way to report it. Would be good to able to report spam messages.

Yes, I've suggested that. Until then forwarding the PM to me or another moderator is sufficient. I'll ban that user.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Originally Posted by breakout89

It's been awhile since I last visited the forum, but I've noticed with the new layout my signature is all goofy. Where do I go to edit my signature?

Welcome back.

Edit your signature here (scroll down towards the bottom): http://thesandtrap.com/user/breakout89 (your "My Profile" page). Look for the text "Edit Signature Text"

Quote:

It's been awhile since I last visited the forum, but I've noticed with the new layout my signature is all goofy. Where do I go to edit my signature?

Welcome back.

Edit your signature here (scroll down towards the bottom): http://thesandtrap.com/user/breakout89 (your "My Profile" page). Look for the text "Edit Signature Text"

Oh wow, I feel dumb -_- haha

I looked all around My Profile page, but I guess I never scrolled to the bottom. Thank You!

• Administrator

Oh wow, I feel dumb -_- haha

Don't feel dumb. It's way down there. Too far down there. I'm not sure I even saw it at first.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by iSlice Left

Any word on fixing the lag when viewing the boards on a mobile phone? (iPhone)

I don't know what "lag" you're talking about - it works as I'd expect for me - but Huddler is actively working with the Tapatalk people to bring support for that app to all Huddler-powered sites.

This isn't "specifically" a request more like an "I don't get it this is just frustrating" comment.  I wanted to read all the course reviews posted in North America so far (because it doesn't seem like there are that many yet).  Then I found that it appears I have to visit 52 individual pages just to find out if there were any reviews submitted for each state, turns out I'm not THAT interested.   Take South Dakota for instance, navigate there only to find zero reviews.

It looks to me like if the course menus were structured like the equipment menus that task wouldn't be a big deal.  Say "Clubs" <=> North America, "Irons" <=> "Mid West", then down the left side I would see a list of states in the Mid West I could check off to custom filter.  Otherwise the complete list would have all the courses with reviews listed in order starting with the best rated.

Wouldn't even have to give up the whole state map thing, just make that a choice between icon view and list view (similar to what most ever file browser does).  Anyway maybe there is some really solid logic behind the course menus but so far I'm not getting it.  Or maybe there is a way to do this that I don't know of.  I went through the "Reviews/Categories/Courses (36)" on the main site but that route looks like something else.

Mike

• Administrator

Nice idea! I like it and have passed it on to the Huddler team. It makes sense. Thumbs up.

Nice idea! I like it and have passed it on to the Huddler team. It makes sense. Thumbs up.

Thanks.

Last week I was trying to embed a video and noticed that the size was kind of small and I couldn't find a way to change it.  In the YouTube (or Whatever) section it looks like Easy embedded the last video before the cutover.  Part of his code is: width="640" height="385"

Your little hockey guy (and everything since as far as I can tell) is embedded at: width="425" height="350" which seems kind of small.

The funny part is if I mangle the embedded code and copy two sets into the editor window I partially see what I'm trying to accomplish (two embedded videos) and sometimes? in the preview window I also see the same but with only one video embedded.  In any case I'm not sure exactly what is going on but it looks like something odd.

Mike

Note: This thread is 4820 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!