IGNORED

Using Lists on Huddler: A tutorial

B-Con
Note: This thread is 3800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A common question is how to use the new list feature and how to display them in your signature. This is a quick "bottom up" step-by-step tutorial on creating and using lists.

1. Go to "My Profile".
  2. Scroll to the category "Your Lists" at the bottom. Click "Create a new list".
  3. In the pop-up box, enter the name you want the new list to have. Example: "My Golf Clubs" or "Courses I Regularly Play".
  4. Select the type of items the list will contain from the drop-down list (clubs, courses, etc).
  5. Optionally, provide a brief description of the list. When people view your list they will see this description, so you can use it provide more details or context for your list. Example: "Although this list has 16 clubs, I choose the 14 best suited for the course I'm playing" or "I try to play all these courses at least once a month."
  6. Once your list has been created, go to the "Equipment" or "Courses" tab at the top of the site to add items.
  7. Find the item that you want to add (if it doesn't exist you may have to create it first).
  8. If you are viewing the item in a list of a category, you can click "List this" in the bottom right corner of the item's row. If you are on the item's page, you can click "Add to Your List" in the upper-right corner.
  9. Choose the number of the item to add and select whether your relationship to it is past, current, or future. (For clubs this is "Had it", "Own it", "Want it", and for courses it is "Been There", "Golf Here", "Want To Go".) Choose the list you want to add the item to from the drop-down box and then click "Submit". (Note that you can repeat this process to add an item to additional lists.)
  10. Go back to "My Profile". Scroll down to "Your Lists" at the bottom. Click the list you just created.
  11. Scroll down to the list's contents and find the item you just added to your list.
  12. Click "edit" next to the item you added and observe that you can edit any of the item's information. Furthermore, you can also add a comment to it. Use this comment field for additional information on the item as it pertains to you specifically. You can also add a image for the item, presumably the primary use of this would be to take an image of your actual item. Example comment: "I have the stock stiff shaft and a 9.5 degree face", or "I have both the 19* and 22* version", or "Mine has a gunmetal finish". * Note that you can add the same item to multiple lists. If you do this, the information (eg, ownership status, quantity, and comments) will remain the same for the item across all of the lists, so you should enter the information for each item as it pertains to you, not as it pertains to your specific list.
  13. To add a list to your signature, go to "My Profile", scroll down to "My Signature", and click "Edit signature text".
  14. Note that there are three drop-down menus labeled "Show off stuff in your signature". You are allowed to display three special items (such as a list) in your signature, where the list is shown is determined by which of the drop-down menus you choose. Choose the left drop-down to display on the left, the middle to display in the middle, and the right to display on the right. In this drop-down, select the name of your list that you want to display.
  15. To change the image that represents your list, go to "My Profile", select the list name, click "Add Photos", upload an image (of the bag, of a club, anything), and save it. The description you give the image will be a part of the text that appears when you hover over the image list, so keep it short and to the point. Once you have more than one photo for the list, you can select the primary one by clicking the appropriate image and selecting "Make Primary".

That's it!

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I seem to be missing something.  When I try to add golf courses that I play, my options are "Own It" etc.  Unfortunately, I don't own the courses where I play, but it doesn't seem to detract too much from the experience.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Shindig

I seem to be missing something.  When I try to add golf courses that I play, my options are "Own It" etc.  Unfortunately, I don't own the courses where I play, but it doesn't seem to detract too much from the experience.

You see "Own It"?

http://thesandtrap.com/products/whispering-woods-golf-club

I see "1 Golf Here" and "0 Want to Go" and "0 Been There."

Not the best terms, probably, but not "Own It" either... Can you PM me about this and tell me what course (a URL please) is showing you "Own It"?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Thanks, guys. This thread's really helpful.

PS- Iacas, I love your new signature. Please never take the dancing bananas down.

Thanks. Sure thing, heh heh. As thanks, you gonna buy Sergio's balls? :) J/K... :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

how do I get my country club listed so i can add it to my home course pics list?

home course is riverhills country club in valrico fl

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindig

You see "Own It"?

http://thesandtrap.com/products/whispering-woods-golf-club

I see "1 Golf Here" and "0 Want to Go" and "0 Been There."

Not the best terms, probably, but not "Own It" either... Can you PM me about this and tell me what course (a URL please) is showing you "Own It"?

iacas, from what I can tell "Own It," "Want It," and "Had It," come up as an option when you manually add a course.  When I choose a course that is already there I get the "Golf Here," "Want to Go," and "Been There."

Hope this helps.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

iacas, from what I can tell "Own It," "Want It," and "Had It," come up as an option when you manually add a course.  When I choose a course that is already there I get the "Golf Here," "Want to Go," and "Been There."

Hope this helps.

I just manually added Rancho Park and I don't see "Own It." I manually added "Whispering Woods" and I never saw "Own It" there either.

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Hope this helps.

I just manually added Rancho Park and I don't see "Own It." I manually added "Whispering Woods" and I never saw "Own It" there either.

I manually added a course this afternoon and also never saw "Own It."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Iacas & jamo, this is what I was seeing when I went to add my own course... Own it.tiff

Maybe it's different for you guys because you're moderators or something.  I only get it when I add courses manually though, courses that are already there have the "Golf Here," "Want to Go," and "Been There."

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Iacas & jamo, this is what I was seeing when I went to add my own course...

Maybe it's different for you guys because you're moderators or something.  I only get it when I add courses manually though, courses that are already there have the "Golf Here," "Want to Go," and "Been There."

That's not it.

What you need to do is add the course. You're doing some bizarre shortcut that, frankly, I don't think should exist. It seems like a really dumb way to do this, and I think it's a bug.

What you need to do:

1. Go to http://thesandtrap.com/products/category/courses

2. Click on your state: http://thesandtrap.com/products/category/california

3. Click "Add Item": http://thesandtrap.com/product.php?action=add_search&productCategory;=532

4. Proceed to add the course manually via this method: http://thesandtrap.com/products/add/category/defaultCategory/532

(I think those URLs should work for you, but you should go through the process once anyway to see what you're doing.) I'll have to investigate that other method because it doesn't create a course properly, it seems.

Will do... all I did was start typing the name and when it didn't come up I clicked "Add Manually."  I'll try it the other way.  Thanks.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having issues editing their signature?  I followed the instructions above but when I go to "My Profile"  I am not seeing the section to edit your signature.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Thanks.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by IUHoosierMatt

Is anyone else having issues editing their signature?  I followed the instructions above but when I go to "My Profile"  I am not seeing the section to edit your signature.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/42849/when-do-you-get-a-signature

Sorry wrong thread.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 2 weeks later...

How do you delete a photograph that you manually added to a list? It's easy enough to delete an item, but that doesn't seem to take out the linked picture and there's no obvious way to cull the image itself.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Stretch

How do you delete a photograph that you manually added to a list? It's easy enough to delete an item, but that doesn't seem to take out the linked picture and there's no obvious way to cull the image itself.

I don't know. I think the list image is the last item you add, so maybe you can remove an item from your list and add it back.

Note: This thread is 3800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!