IGNORED

Farmers Insurance Open 2011

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger makes a bomb, -3 for the day already!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

John Daly with a 4-putt today. Tiger with a struggle in the middle of the round, but he's making less bogies than he did last year. Par on the par fives is not what he was looking for I suppose.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is having a mini-meltdown, or maybe not, it's a tough course.

I think what we're going to find is that Tiger is human on the golf course, too. With the depth of today's fields, Tiger will have to ask himself if winning non-major tourneys is important to him. If so, he will have to play more often -- which will be beneficial to the Tour.

He won't be able to "play into" a tournament as it progresses and expect to win. Tiger will have to grind and play more.

That's not a bad thing. It's good. I think we all want to see him play more often.  It will only be bad for him if he doesn't realize it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Tiger really putted well today, but some of those bunker shots were pretty awful. I think he has a legitimate shot being only 5 shots back from Haas. It's also nice to see AK play well :)

Ouch, just now watching on DVR and that was brutal, missed the birdie putt for the lead and then has 2 lip outs for a harsh double bogey...... Cost him the lead today. Hopefully he can shake that off and dial it in for the next round. Golf is a cruel mistress. Lol

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

I won't be obsessed with Tiger's game when I show up there later today but maybe I'll follow him from the 11th through the 13th at least. If I were him, I'd be thinking something like, "If I'd just quit with the ******* blunders like in the bunker today I'd be right back there in charge".  It must be frustrating for him and you can see that sometimes but IMO he's got a plan and he's coming back ..... But Phil the Thrill and JD are looking strong as well, not to mention many others.

Yesterday on the way to work I stopped the motorbike for a minute next to the driving range (on Torrey Pines Rd.) and watched them warming up.  What a way to commute .....  Not hard to spot JD from behind the fence and he was looking good ....... if you can just ignore the sartorial selection.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

seriously, what happened in those bunkers???  the first one, looked like a fairly simple buker shot, good lie, and he totally chunked it...never seen him do that.

Colin P.

He did it a couple of times when I watched last year. Perhaps it's a result of his swing changes that takes some time getting used to.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger must've forgotten his shorts, because he's spending an awful lot of time in the sand.

Looks like Tiger's only hope is to scrape out a birdie on the last hole here, then hope he has a miraculous day and the rest of the field holds more or less steady tomorrow.  I think I'll be rooting for Mickelson though.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• Administrator

Originally Posted by zeg

Looks like Tiger's only hope is to scrape out a birdie on the last hole here, then hope he has a miraculous day and the rest of the field holds more or less steady tomorrow.  I think I'll be rooting for Mickelson though.

Tiger's out of it. Perhaps another back-door top 10. And even that one's rating as unlikely given that he's T24 and can only hope to eagle or birdie the 18th today.

Twitter tells me his putting has sucked today. Hope he isn't lying when he says it's slipped because he hasn't practiced it... because he also said he's practiced it again more lately.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger just doesn't look good. Certainly not as good as the Chevron, but.......it's the first tournament of the year. He's got some work to do.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeg View Post

Tiger's out of it. Perhaps another back-door top 10. And even that one's rating as unlikely given that he's T24 and can only hope to eagle or birdie the 18th today.

Twitter tells me his putting has sucked today. Hope he isn't lying when he says it's slipped because he hasn't practiced it... because he also said he's practiced it again more lately.

He always blame his putting. From what I saw today and yesterday, his trouble lies from tee to green. He's spraying balls to the right into bunkers and hitting approach shots into bunkers from there. Tiger isn't three putting a whole lot, so he is making bogies because he can't get on the green in regulation. His driving accuracy has been 36, 43, 36 so far this week. Not being able to get out of bunkers is also an issue of course. Tiger sais his putting was off when he's not making 10' putts for par. He is putting from par from 10' because he didn't find the green in regulation. I'm not saying his putting is good, but he's not making bogies because of his putter, just like he wasn't last year either. He had his share of slamming clubs into the ground today.

I'm enjoying the early tournaments, Farmer's included.  Johnattan Vegas is having an amazing start to his PGA career.

Typically, Foley was being dishonest when he told the media that driver was currently the strongest club in Tiger's bag.  Tiger looked really uncomfortable and unsure with driver in his hands the last two days.  I liked Tiger's comment that he is working on his Farmer's tan.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 4863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!