IGNORED

Tiger's giant spitwad

walk18
Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ElWagonne

Yeah it's pretty nasty to spit on the green but take it for what it is.....a breach in ettiquette

I'm pretty sure you're not that stupid. It was far more than that. It's bad enough spitting so blatantly anywhere, but to do it knowing your fellow professionals have to put through it is totally unforgiveable.

Originally Posted by Plox

Quote:

Yeah it's pretty nasty to spit on the green but take it for what it is.....a breach in ettiquette

I'm pretty sure you're not that stupid. It was far more than that. It's bad enough spitting so blatantly anywhere, but to do it knowing your fellow professionals have to put through it is totally unforgiveable.

If we're speaking on terms of what is and isn't unforgivable, the 2nd half of my post would be more unforgivable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plox

Quote:

If we're speaking on terms of what is and isn't unforgivable, the 2nd half of my post would be more unforgivable.

Taking things out of context is the Sand Trap way!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

The only other player who got this much flack was Sergio when he spit into the cup / hole which IMO is worst.

Again, is it wrong, yes.  Should others who do the same get as much flack as Tiger, yes.

Thanks for reminding me about Sergio's disgusting spit.  Yes, perhaps it was even more disgusting - but the two are in close proximity in the scale in my opinion.

Frankly I'm rather surprised that the european golf authorities showed the courage and integrity to levy the (unknown) fine.  But why shouldn't we know how much it is - just silly to keep it a secret imho.  Still, well done - it must have been painful.  Still I'm sure there were many in the public who were clamoring for it.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I was going to say this entire controversy was really juvenile and petty.  But then I remembered that it's the cool thing to be a tool and hate on Tiger Woods.........So yeah he should be arrested for public indecency!!!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Should Tiger be held to a higher standard, because he was paid a huge appearance fee by the organizers. I'm not sure but I suspect even Bill Murray would find Tiger and Sergio's behaviour childish and disrespectful.

Holding Tiger to a higher standard is over ever since the recent revealings of his behavior, appearance fees or not.  But that besides the point which is, if there is going to be an outlash on Tiger's spitting on the green, then others who do the same should also get the same punishment.  The act on it's own is distasteful on the green and anyone who does it should be reamed; not only Tiger Woods" as he's way to easy to "criticize" these days.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I just watched the video for the first time and I think this is all overblown. I'm not condoning what he did or even defending Tiger. But based on what I've read here I just assumed I was going to see a giant loogey dripping out of Tiger's mouth, strings hanging off, making a giant pile on the green that he then needed to use his putter to flatten it out. Look, spitting on the green is gross and shouldn't be done, period, but I think people are making way more out of this than is deserved. I think partly it's the reaction of the commentator. I'm pretty sure I could think of "lower" things than this. Again, I'm not defending it, I just think it's overblown.

Undisclosed amount...Whatever it is, Tiger will pay it. I think this should be a lesson to everyone out there who treats greens like they're ashtrays. I've seen (ON A PRIVATE COURSE) burn marks from people who HAD to put out their cigar on greens, cigarette butts, to something as simple as divots not being fixed. The green is the place that should get the "royal" treatment!!!

I do think fame and money got to Tiger. He thinks that he can STILL do whatever he wants and not get reprimanded for it. We all make mistakes, but he obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

Originally Posted by nuck81

I was going to say this entire controversy was really juvenile and petty.  But then I remembered that it's the cool thing to be a tool and hate on Tiger Woods.........So yeah he should be arrested for public indecency!!!

What is juvenile (and gross) is spitting on the green the way TW did - same as it would be if anyone else did it (incl. Sergio).

Your suggestion of arresting him for public indecency is going a tad too far tho'.  Still, I'm glad you agree on the need for proper comportment on the dance floor.

4-hybrid:

Are you the "just leave Britney alone" guy?  Have you moved on to Tiger?

Originally Posted by nuck81

screw tiger woods

he is done, and he knows it

he will never get back to what he was

but spitting on the green is not something you should do, period

who cares if he was pissed off, that doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want

taylormade.gif - Taylor Made R11 Driver, 9*
taylormade.gif - Burner 2.0" 4-AW Steel
vokey.gif - Vokey 56*, 60*, 64*
odyssey.gif - Odyssey ProType PT 82

titleist.gif - Pro-V1  taylormade.gif - TMX Stand Bag

Come on now, would all of you Tiger haters really be saying the same things if it was Phil or Tom Watson or someone held in higher regard.... It's been done before and will continue to happen, as nasty as it may be. Tiger is who he is and it's time to accept it.... let the guy play golf, that's what it's really all about.

I'd be double pissed if it was Phil or Tom, cause their prior behavior has always been in sharp contrast.  I'm less surprised by Tiger, but it's just as unprofessional and gross as if anyone else had done it.  But we get it, you want us to leave Britney alone.

Originally Posted by JB26

Come on now, would all of you Tiger haters really be saying the same things if it was Phil or Tom Watson or someone held in higher regard.... It's been done before and will continue to happen, as nasty as it may be. Tiger is who he is and it's time to accept it.... let the guy play golf, that's what it's really all about.

Tiger is who he is and it's time to accept it.... let the guy play golf, that's what it's really all about.

No, we shouldn't accept it. That's a ridiculous, fanboy like statement to make.

Come on now, would all of you Tiger haters really be saying the same things if it was Phil or Tom Watson or someone held in higher regard....

Yes.  Is that answer simple and comprehensible enough for you?

If not, I give up .....

p.s. another example of someone who thinks anyone who ever criticizes anything TW does is a "Tiger hater".

4-hybrid:

Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!