IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

Thanks for sharing Erik..  Golf really is that much more fun when you are not in the woods looking for your ball!

On that one hole where you said that you were going to hook it around the tree, I wasn't able to tell.. did you hook it? Did the rough make it tougher to actually hook it?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

On that one hole where you said that you were going to hook it around the tree, I wasn't able to tell.. did you hook it? Did the rough make it tougher to actually hook it?

It hooked. I just started it a bit farther right than I intended. Probably about 40 yards of draw, maybe 50.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good stuff.  Great commentary along the way too.  9 notwithstanding, you made some putts!

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Did some continuing work on my swing recently.

I haven't had a chance the past several months given the time spent on the book, etc.

Backswing feel:

• Bend right elbow immediately.
  • Stay in flexion a bit.

Transition feel:

• Tough to put into words. Basically, shallow the club and slide the hips forward, but it's both a lot more and a lot less than that sounds. :)

One with some notes and a bit later (A3):

Last one shows the rope around my midsection. I bought some bungee cords on the way home at Ollie's.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Is that a noodle I see in one of the pics?

Oui.

• Administrator

I presume the goal is to miss it?

No. It just helped serve as a reminder to bend the arm. It held my upper arm in place a little bit, so I had to "start the club back" by bending it. Dave was off-camera holding it for me to A2.

No. It just helped serve as a reminder to bend the arm. It held my upper arm in place a little bit, so I had to "start the club back" by bending it. Dave was off-camera holding it for me to A2.

That was my next question. I was trying figure out how to rig one up next to my left ear to indicate when I lean too much.

- Shane

• Administrator

Played today (practiced on the golf course).

Literally topped the ball off the tee on the third and fourth holes. And #8.

Figured out that I wasn't doing my "across the line" feeling, and started smashing it pretty well after that. Had only 130 into #9 (carts were 90° because it's soggy - fairways weren't running out). Got to within 20 yards after a slightly heeled driver on #15 - the 3W second shot I hit was crushed, and high.

Swing feels weak (because it feels "crowded" - I'm not used to bending my right arm as much so quickly and staying in flexion), but I'm sticking with it because a) I know it's right, and b) the results when I change the picture even a little are great.

Is it harder to make a commitment to change when you already can play at a high level? For me it seems easy to try to change because I can't hit the ball solidly right now.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

New guy to the block ... High handicapper ... But if I may ask a question ... I appears from the picture that you are looking at a foot or more behind the ball? Are the pictures just to show the arm angle and was not a real swing?

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator
Is it harder to make a commitment to change when you already can play at a high level?

That depends. I can quickly begin "finding the ball" again, and I know what I should see when I look on a camera, so I can make changes and know that it's going in the right direction even if the ball isn't instantly cooperating.

That said, I've also got a LOT of swings and the little compensations I have, work well enough for me to be a +1 to a 1 or thereabouts, so any disruption to those can often be pretty awkward for awhile.

So… I guess I didn't really answer your question.

I appears from the picture that you are looking at a foot or more behind the ball? Are the pictures just to show the arm angle and was not a real swing?

No, real swing. Tough to keep your head looking straight at the ball when your torso/shoulders turn 100°. So long as my nose isn't in the way of my right eye, I'm fine.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Working on the same pieces (of course). Just a little short film showing how I practice.

Working on the same pieces (of course). Just a little short film showing how I practice.

What is that strap wrapped around your torso?

What is the feeling you get when you release from A3? Is there a dropping sensation or are you actively turning?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
What is that strap wrapped around your torso?

An elastic strap. Goes over my right arm so it bends sooner. Same as a few days ago… http://thesandtrap.com/t/43987/my-swing-iacas/342#post_1004220 .

What is the feeling you get when you release from A3? Is there a dropping sensation or are you actively turning?

I don't "release from A3." Not sure what you meant there. I also don't really have a downswing feel I can put into words. I do "that." What you see. And as you can see particularly DL, I didn't do it particularly well in the 50% speed non-stop swing.

An elastic strap. Goes over my right arm so it bends sooner. Same as a few days ago… http://thesandtrap.com/t/43987/my-swing-iacas/342#post_1004220 .

I don't "release from A3." Not sure what you meant there. I also don't really have a downswing feel I can put into words. I do "that." What you see. And as you can see particularly DL, I didn't do it particularly well in the 50% speed non-stop swing.

Cool.

Your "not doing the swing well" is the some of us doing it as well as we possibly can. :-)

Thanks for the explanations.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Nice demonstration of HOW to practice ya stupid monkey. Take note guys, Erik hit 4 balls in 6 minutes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram