IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks great at A4!

P4 not too shabby either! :-D

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by iacas

no #3, then lots of #3 from about P3.75 to P4.25... then the follow through is just holding the wedge into a follow through, but frankly, I wasn't that worried about anything after P7.

Is this some kind of code.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by TheShark

Is this some kind of code.

Sure is Patrick.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Analyzr Image Export 01.jpg Analyzr Image Export 02.jpg Analyzr Image Export 03.jpg

Pretty much all Key #4 work.

Looks good, some really nice changes from even a few months ago.  Just a little more extensor action?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mvmac

Looks good, some really nice changes from even a few months ago.  Just a little more extensor action?

It's not extensor action, though. Right elbow isn't < 90°. It's just letting the right elbow not go so far around near the shirt seam. Too much external rotation of the right shoulder and retraction, overloading #4, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Notes from today:

Feels:

1. A3.1 only
2. Bank right foot to keep going forward
3. Arms down FAST, SMASH IT!
4. Feel palmar flex and adding of lag throughout downstroke.
Progression (due to location of right elbow):
1. Pull-cuts
2. Straight-cuts
3. Pushes/straight-draws
4. Push-draws
Things are okay here. Can load #2 a little faster and counter-rotate a teeny bit more. Club can feel as steep as I want at A3 and it's only going to be on plane. Can ascend a little bit faster. Feeling is to STOP at A3.1.
Things start to go awry (and by that I mean I can play sub-par golf from here, but I want to clean this up) in transition. That's a great A4 for me, but I still need the feeling of loading #3 NOW rather than quite so much before. Getting my left arm down faster will help with this. Continued cross-lateral motion of the hips and increased ground pressure (feel the hip tilts still down and forward from A3.5-A5 or even longer) as the left arm shaves my left nipple off).
I still manage to line things up at A6. It's more of a compensation than I want at this point.
Nice angled hinging on the right, eh? Heh heh heh heh. :P

Messed around with some "Mac"-like swings today. Right foot dropped back, feeling very soft and slow and loose, TONS of "gathering," and then smashing it. Kinda liked it. Not a terrible feeling. Not how I really want to play golf though. Feels like I'm going to fat the shit out of everything. Trajectory is low as heck. :)

Things start to go awry (and by that I mean I can play sub-par golf from here, but I want to clean this up) in transition. That's a great A4 for me, but I still need the feeling of loading #3 NOW rather than quite so much before. Getting my left arm down faster will help with this.

Can you go more into getting the left arm down faster?  If your left arm slows down, does this cause you to get too much from over the top as the club is traveling fast with the hands without the arms matching them?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Can you go more into getting the left arm down faster?  If your left arm slows down, does this cause you to get too much from over the top as the club is traveling fast with the hands without the arms matching them?

No.

The left arm comes down across the chest at the proper rate. If it's slow the shoulders and hips are too open. The left shoulder is too far to the left so the left arm has to shoot out a little too much (angle DL, left arm too far from vertical).

Notes from today: Nice angled hinging on the right, eh? :dance:  Heh heh heh heh. :P

Love it. Just love it. What is the purpose of dropping the foot back? Anything specific?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I'm against all this figurative nipple choppery. It's giving me flashbacks to Bob Geldof and the razor blade in The Wall .

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Zeph

What is the purpose of dropping the foot back? Anything specific?

Where? If anything I'm a bit more open with my feet lately as I tend to get aligned to the right a bit and then I swing a bit more left than I'd like.

Originally Posted by Stretch

I'm against all this figurative nipple choppery. It's giving me flashbacks to Bob Geldof and the razor blade in The Wall.

Yeah, me too. I'm actually working on feeling it more by extending the right arm sooner, too. Feelings in this area are elusive, but right now it's a feeling of palmar flexion in the left wrist as well as retaining #2 and #3 longer while straightening the right arm quickly.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Nets are for pussies   Those Erie guys are tough

yes there is a net

Not to get too far off topic but more than likely your seeing an OTT motion due to not enough pressure being applied into the forward foot on the downswing.  Towards the end of the downswing, if you imagined you were crushing something under your left foot, you'll flex your left knee, which helps get the hips forward.  Just turning from the top of the backswing will give you that OTT look, so don't do that lol

LOL... Love it.

• Administrator

Notes from today:

Feels:

1. A3.1 only

2. Bank right foot to keep going forward

3. Arms down FAST, SMASH IT!

4. Feel palmar flex and adding of lag throughout downstroke.

Slight tweaks:

1. A3.1 only
  2. Bank right foot hard (feeling of ground pressures in left foot, hip slant feels maintained longer)
  3. Straighten right arm FAST to get arms down (left arm tends to spin me)
  4. That's it. No 4. Pull cuts will turn into push draws eventually or just go pretty damn straight. :)

• Administrator

• Administrator

Great six minutes today. Got some pictures (at speed) that I've never really gotten from myself before.

First the less exciting ones:

ab4d4abd_A2A3DL.jpeg
Two different swings here:
28616465_A4DL.jpeg

Much better view:

093bd538_A2A3.jpeg0056718e_A3A4.jpege9d4f31f_A5A5.5.jpeg539923bb_A5.5A6.jpega0284c34_A6A7.jpegb1f0f499_A9A10.jpegef2fc5c5_AnalyzrImageExport.jpeg

Feels:

• Get to A2 with the slight counter-rotation and dorsiflexing of right wrist.
  • Roll #3 to A4.5 maintaining width of left arm ("left arm extensor action")
  • SLAM the right arm straight down in front of zipper while increasing lag.
  • Tingly sensation in loins as ball seriously tattooed.
  • Upvote 1