IGNORED

Funny Examples of Cheating

Big Don
Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was playing as part of a foursome and I had a hunch the other guys were cheating, since they'd somehow beaten us by one stroke on the front nine, even though they'd spent more time in the cabbage than a handful of PETA members. On the par-3 11th, I saw one of their drives slice short, and to the right of the green, next to a tree. When we all drove up there, I deliberately misled the other guy to another tree about 30 feet away--while he was looking away I picked up his ball and stuck it in my pocket, and casually walked up to the green.

Sure enough, about a minute later, a ball came flying up out of the rough and landing on the green. I was like "Son of a bitch cheats" to my partner. He said "How do you know?"

I had his ball in my pocket. I gave him this look and asked him the kind of ball he was playing. He said hesitantly "Uhh, a Nike or something..."

"Well, that's a Top Flite on the green."
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Used to follow this one guy in our league and you'd find tees sprinkled all down the fairway behind him where he had "teed it up". Still didn't help him.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

• 4 weeks later...
not really cheating, but rules breaking, but

one time at like 8:30 i was at a driving range. It was just me and my dad and another guy. the range cart wasn't out either, and all the staff who were supposed to be working were in the bar.

so anyway im about to hit and i see the other guy about halfway into the range picking up balls and putting them into his backpack. I later saw him leave with a halfful backpack

I won't even play in a tournament - golf is tough enough without adding the aggravation of cheaters. We play small eight and twelve man mini-tournaments where we all know one another - get caught cheating with us and there would be nothing funny about it.
A few years ago my buddy and I played with two guys at Singing Hills and they convinced us to play "their" game. You had a choice of hitting the golf ball or THROWING it. It was different, ridiculous, and fun! We lost and had to buy breakfast. One guy was uncanny how freakin' close to the hole he could fire the ball! You had to hit out of bunkers though. dayll

I usually won't say anything when playing a casual round with strangers, but cheating irritates me. The main reason is because I spend a lot of time and money to play golf, so that's what I play. If someone wants to play another game with golf clubs and call it golf, fine. But I would appreciate it if they would play that game somewhere other than a golf course. If someone takes a few mulligans per side, or doesn't play the ball down, or uses a little foot wedge, they aren't playing golf. They're playing a game with golf clubs on a golf course that looks like golf. But if I have to stand around waiting for them to play their made up little game while I'm waiting to play the game of golf, I get a little bent. If we would institute a strict policy of caning for all rules infractions, it would be a lot easier to get a tee time on the weekends.

To stay on topic, I used to play with a boss that was the Dangerfield character from Caddyshack. He carried about 20 clubs in his bag and couldn't hit any of them except the putter. We played a money game one day and I gave him 5 a side. He beat me by one on the front and one on the back. Then I told him I was going to ding him a stroke per hole for carrying more than 14 clubs. Never had to play with him again. He's dead now, and I think part of the reason is because he cheated at golf. Can't prove it, but I have my suspicions.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

The other mans game!
I made a bet with a guy I knew I could beat, but he asked for one throw , and two "cotchas" in the match. I stupidly agreed.
On the first tee, before I knew what a gotcha was, He hooked me in the groin with his driver on my down swing! What a shot that was!
Now I'm waiting on every tee for the next gotcha! Talk about no concentration.
I still had him by a stroke on 17, a par 3. My tee shot was within 6 feet of the pin. His was on the green but probably 3 putts away.
He hit his first putt was about 15 feet short with a nasty down hill, severe right breaking second.
He proceeded to pick up my ball and throw it OB, Stating that was his "throw"
Now I'm on the tee hitting 3!!
NEVER PLAY ANOTHER MAN'S GAME!!!
  • Upvote 1

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I play with a guy who cheats so much he once had a hole in one and wrote down ZERO

Now,

that is an achievement.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

The other mans game!

Next time you ask him for one break...and when he taps your boys, you call break, pull out his putter, or driver (look for the most expensive or usefull club) and break it in two.

!!!

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Next time you ask him for one break...and when he taps your boys, you call break, pull out his putter, or driver (look for the most expensive or usefull club) and break it in two.

Personally, I would ask for 1 punch-in-face

The best case I've ever seen was back in High School. Before each round, we would all mark our balls on the tee box for each other to see and so forth, and if someone lost a ball, we would always check his new one, just to be sure we knew what kind of ball each of us was playing. Well one day, this kid we were playing with hit a ball way out right into the rough. Me and our other two playing partners went to help him search for it and sure enough, my buddy found it almost immeaditalely. After I saw that he'd found it, I walked over by him and he told me to wait before I said anything. About 30 seconds later, the kid that originally hit it told us he'd found about 30 yards up from where we all were. My buddy called him out on it but didn't make scene. He simply told him that golf was a game of integrity and cheating showed poor character on his part.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

• 2 months later...
I played with an older gentleman this past Sunday. On #18, a long Par 5, he was well over 300yards from the green after his drive. He never put his driver back in the bag, so I'm thinking, "Wow! He's going to hit driver off the deck, IN THE ROUGH!!" Well, he did hit driver out of the rough, after a pulled out a tee and teed it up!
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

A couple guys in my league do some pretty bold stuff. Usually the older guys. I'm not sure if they simply do not know the rules or just don't care. They hit their ball into water and take the drop 30 yards up where the ball actually made the splash, not where it crossed the hazard. They hold tree branches back for eachother all the time. Just real bushleague stuff. Our league is pretty laid back, it's mostly for fun but some guys take the fun out of it by cheating.

I had a friend of mine cheat whenever we played. He would always ask what I shot after each hole before I had the chance to ask him. Then, he was always 1 shot under me. (Unless I did really well on that hole, to which we "tied"). I counted his shots each hole and, sure enough, he was so full of

We had the same thing happen in our league. This guy would always wait to see what I had on a hole, or so I thought, before giving his score. After about the 4th hole we realized he was waiting to see what my wife shot. She was beating him badly, even when he did not add a stroke for gimmies and drops. The sad thing is they are in 1st place this year with one round left to play. They are the types that will tell everyone that will listen how they won the league title. Fortunately, anyone who knows them is familiar with their counting techniques.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

a funny example of cheating is when your paired up with someone else, or even a friend of yours and after ever hole has to count (recount I should say) the number of shots he took to finish out....you know somewhere in there he's missing a shot, imo if you need to count your shots to remember your score, your either a liar, or a bad golfer....sometimes both

I'm always amazed that after someone hits a provisional off the tee because they MAY have gone OB on their 1st tee shot, they always seem to find the 1st ball they hit "just inbounds"...

The guys I play with have the BEST luck

In my bag:
Driver-- PING G2 8.5 deg.
Hybrid-- PING G5 19 deg.
Irons 4-UW-- Ping i20
Wedges Vokey Sand 54, and Lob 60 Putter--:Maxfli: C3 Mallet Putter

-26 in a four man scramble. Which four holes did you hole from 150 out?

WOW. You're talking at least 8 eagles to get to that number, and that's assuming they birdied all the other holes. Did everyone just laugh in their face or what?

My father-in-law just told me a story about a guy that cheated in a tournament earlier this summer at his club. This guy (the cheater) had been a member of this club for a long time, knew everybody, great guy, everybody liked him, etc etc. He had played a decent round in relation to his handicap, but blew up on 17th hole and carded a 9. He ended up shooting 85 which really didn't do him any good in his flight.

So after the round, the guy and his playing partners review and sign the card....the cheater, before turning the card into the official scorer, erased the 9 and made it a 6!! Knocking off 3 strokes, and of course he changed his score to an 82 accordingly.

Well the scores were posted on the big board and this guy's playing partners noticed the 82 up there later in the day and said something. The card was reviewed and the changes that were made were pretty obvious I guess. BUSTED.

From what my father-in-law says this guy is basically just an outcast now. The members, his friends, the staff, etc. are just disgusted and insulted by him.

That's just ridiculous, is it really worth it to some people....I mean come on.

Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!