IGNORED

BABY or Masters

Hogan Fan
Note: This thread is 6002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Baby or Augusta National??

• Hang up and help your lovely wife into the car.
    • Grab your clubs and wish your wife good luck!

The birth of a child is a very special event in a person's life. You welcome a new life into the world and rejoice with family members. Having said that I would still choose Augusta. I mean come on its Augusta National!

Ha! Having hit a hole in one, and been present at the birth of my first son, I would DEFINITELY choose birth. And I KNOW that I would NOT give up my hole in one for a day at the Augusta. BIRTH is just so freaking happy. . .

Baby... Augusta... Baby... Augusta...

Slave away at a job 60 hours a week for 60 years as opposed to early retirement, at 35...

Heh, if I had it my way I'd have the baby at Augusta. Two birds with one stone.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I know my wife will never be pregnant again . Thanks to modern medicine . Augusta will only happen once in 24 million golfers life . There would never be a dream come true for any avid golfer than to have the most remotest of a chance ( You have better chance by being hit by lightning) to smell the grass at Augusta . The place where the Godz of golf reside .

You all know that if this did come true and you picked Augusta National the golf gods would punish and you would either have a terrible round or even worse get to the bag drop just as Hootie says, "Sorry, the course is closed because it is too wet to play. See you next time." You know that would happen.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Could any of you honestly look at your wife and say " I know that baby johnny is coming out today but me and the fellas are heading out to play golf so you are on your own. Cya!"

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

First, I honestly don't see how anyone could enjoy that round of golf considering their wife was bringing another child into the world.

Here is how I see this playing out for everyone here...

What you say:

"Honey, I know that your water just broke, and that the contractions are just a few minutes apart, but I just got this call, and I have a opportunity to play golf at an incredible golf course, this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Could you go ahead and drive yourself to the hospital and I will meet you there after the round."

What she hears:

"Listen, I don't care that your water just broke, and that the contractions are just a few minutes apart, I just got a call, and I am not going to be there for the birth of our child, golf is more important to me than being there for you when our child comes into the world. Drive yourself to the hospital and I will meet you at the hospital after the round."

What she says:

"Honey, that's great, I am so happy for you, go and have a great time! See you at the hospital after the round!"

What she means:

"What, are you kidding me! Are you really that stupid! Do you honestly think that you not being there is okay with me! If you go, you better enjoy that round of golf, because it will be your LAST round of golf.

For me the choice is simple, BABY.

BTW, my wife and I are expecting our second daughter any day now, so this thread hits close to home.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

Anybody who says play golf needs to seriously re-evaluate their priorities... and their wife needs to seriously re-evaluate her desire to be married to such an inconsiderate, uncaring schmuck.

This is a BABY, people.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

It depends on how much child support you can afford to pay . Because you would be telling your spouse divorce me now, I have no clue.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

First, I honestly don't see how anyone could enjoy that round of golf considering their wife was bringing another child into the world.

Not only would it be your last round of golf, it would also be your last round period.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Anybody who says play golf needs to seriously re-evaluate their priorities... and their wife needs to seriously re-evaluate her desire to be married to such an inconsiderate, uncaring schmuck.

(It will be obvious in reading this response: I am one of the ones who voted for playing Augusta over having a kid)

Wait, hold on. What makes my priorities so bad? First of all, I don't want a wife or kid(s), so that may bias my answer somewhat. Maybe I shouldn't have answered the poll, since it specified "wife." Suppose I were in this situation, and my wife were to be upset that I choose Augusta. It isn't (only) that she has to wonder why she's married to someone as inconsiderate and uncaring as I am: I have to wonder why I got married to someone who is so inconsiderate and uncaring to my goals and desires in life. This applies even if I were invited to play a goat track instead of Augusta.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We're talking about a one time chance here. You can always have more babies!

priorities my Son, do you have children? I know personally being in the Labor/Delivery Room for both of my children was the best experience I have every had, NOTHING (not even the Masters) can replace that, then again my Golf game isn't good enough to play there so it makes the choice even easier for me.....

Note: This thread is 6002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!