IGNORED

Marijuana use and the golf game

tanktwo2
Note: This thread is 2727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I know I said I had made my last post but I'd like to add I too am in favor of legalization of Marijuana.  Not because I think it a good thing but I believe we have lost the war on drugs,  e.g. we are not going to stop marijuana from coming into the US.   I believe legalization of this Marijuana would eliminate most, if not all, of the collateral damages done as a result of the drug being illegal.  Now I think I'm done.

You hit it right in screws! I don’t personally partake, but I don’t feel it is my position in life to judge those that do or tell them they can’t.

I would like to see it made legal to take out that portion of the drug trade. If it is legal, it will decrease the costs and make it much easier to go to the local drug store and buy it than all the investments in growing it and with out the inflated value, then the nefarious organizations will leave it alone for the more lucrative endeavors.

Then it would help alleviate the overcrowding issues in our jails for those that where using. I don’t think they should get their records expunged, because they still made a decision to break the law, but we could get them off the public books.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Dude... every time you post you provide more support for your opponents.  You need to do as I have and withdraw from the debate.  Your comment is just silly.  There is absolutely no relationship between ensuring the availability of energy resources needed for the survival of civilization, and supporting drug cartels by smoking pot.  Any attempt at such a comparison is ludicrous.

If someone is going to use the "Bloody hands" argument then you've got to be willing to extend that logic to any commodity you purchase, whether it's oil, the Nike's you put on your feet (Child labor), the clothes you wear or the golf cap you put on your head (Violation of human rights in the 3rd world countries they're made in). I'm guessing you don't want to look at these things because unlike pot, these are commodities that you actually purchase and enjoy.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I’ll see if I can come out of hibernation and restate more succinctly my case here as most of you “users” seem to have missed the message.  So here it is as simple as I can state it.

If you purchase marijuana it is highly likely that the money goes to a Drug Cartel.  These Cartels kill people like competing Cartel’s employees, Mayors, Police, other government officials and citizens that try to enforce the drug laws.  So in my opinion you have blood on your hands as you support these people with your purchases.

Marijuana maybe isn’t a very damaging drug (I don’t know) and it could be that alcohol can do more physical damage to the body/mind if abused.  There is not moral equality between alcohol and marijuana  however as Coors Brewing and Jim Beam Distillery don’t send armed thugs out to kill their competition and government officials that enforce the alcohol laws.  So trying to say alcohol causes as much damage to society as marijuana is simply wrong.

So there it is.  It is my considered opinion on marijuana use and my last post on this thread.  You are free of course to disagree but you are not free to threaten me with harm.  There are laws about that too and one of you might start giving those laws some thought.

Yes many people were killed, jumped mugged harmed to create and distribute Alcohol during the time it was illegal(prohibition). Bootleggers, Rum runners  the Mafia!! It was out of control. Do you know when that stopped?? When they wised up and made it legal again.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

If someone is going to use the "Bloody hands" argument then you've got to be willing to extend that logic to any commodity you purchase, whether it's oil, the Nike's you put on your feet (Child labor), the clothes you wear or the golf cap you put on your head (Violation of human rights in the 3rd world countries they're made in). I'm guessing you don't want to look at these things because unlike pot, these are commodities that you actually purchase and enjoy.

Everything you mention is legal, and in most cases, necessary.  I don't argue the downside of 3rd world sweatshops aside from the fact that if not for them, most of those employed there would have no job and no income at all.  It may not be a good thing, but in many cases its better than the alternative.

However, at this time pot is still illegal in the US, and supporting an illegal smuggling and distribution trade to enrich violent criminal enterprises, foreign and domestic, just doesn't remotely fall into the same category as buying a shirt made in Indonesia.

By the way, my golf hats are made in Canada.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

If you are buying marijuana grown under a medical license, and you don't have doctor's prescription, then you are breaking the law.   You can rationalize it any way you like but those are the facts.  We have legal medical marijuana here in Colorado too, yet people make the news regularly for illegal possession or cultivation.  At least a couple of dispensaries have been shut down for selling to people without a prescription.

My point wasn't really about legal issues.  The post I was replying to said that anyone who smokes pot has blood on their hands.  My point was just that whether or not someone has a prescription and you're buying the weed legally or you don't and you're not, medical weed is being grown legally, and there's no cartel involved, no gang involved, no one's being killed.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtank View Post

I enjoy how you consider yourself an expert on all things about the drug trade.

Again, Let me preface this by saying I’m all for its legalization.

I know you think that your little patch of California, is the WHOLE WORLD...but there are alot of other places and things are not like your little corner of the West.

IF you are smoking the “homegrown” then you have either a medical condition…or you have obtained the weed illegally, under California law; whether under falsified prescriptions or ailments, or you are buying it from an illegal source. Marijuana grown by licensed growers makes a small portion of the market and can only be sold under a license and only to a legal distributor.

A large portion of “homegrown” to not quite legal users, is actually grown by Mexican Cartel grow farms located within our borders.

There is just as much propaganda coming from the either side of this issue. The major issue with getting it legalized is that the “high” side spends all their money on Doritos instead of lobbyist!

You need to take your own advice and open up your mind and understand that while you may think it’s the greatest thing ever, it still causes a lot of issues within the United States.

I don't consider myself an expert.  I just read the news:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/10/legalizing_pot_would_cut_mexic.php

Marijuana accounts for something like 18-20% of the cartels' profits.  That's big, and obviously lots of users are supporting the cartels.  If you look at the RAND study the article above is quoting (http://www.rand.org/pubs/occasional_papers/2010/RAND_OP325.pdf), the cartels import almost exclusively low grade, cheap marijuana, and the higher grade marijuana is grown almost exclusively by domestic growers in the U.S. and Canada (see the study).  Notice what I actually wrote, which is that the kind of people who can afford golf and frequent this web site are, I would argue, almost exclusively the type of people who would not buy the low-grade crap that the cartels traffic.

I will say that in reading through the whole RAND report, I was surprised (as were the authors), that the low grade marijuana (some unknown but presumed large percentage of which comes from the cartels) makes up a large proportion of the total market, somewhere from 60-80%.  I would have guessed more like 25%, so I admit error there. But I stick to my point that I'm willing to bet the vast majority of posters here are of a demographic that does not buy the low-grade crap, something that's essentially supported by the authors of the study when they discuss their surprise at the estimates they came up with, which means the argument about blood on the hands of smokers mostly doesn't apply to posters here (and certainly not to me).

Quote:
A large portion of “homegrown” to not quite legal users, is actually grown by Mexican Cartel grow farms located within our borders.

This is unsubstantiated opinion.  If you've got a real source for this opinion that can refute the RAND study, please share.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Actually once again a stoner is wrong. I dont work with your kind. As is with most professional companies, we are subject to random drug testing. In addition to random testing, you are tested immediately after any kind of minor car accident.

Stoners are good for this world - they make the rest of us look smart.

Before you call me a "stoner" dumbass, would you like me to piss in your cup? I can pass anything you throw at me. The "random" sh*t don't fly, fly boy, plenty ways around it these days and you ARE a dumbass.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Before you call me a "stoner" dumbass, would you like me to piss in your cup? I can pass anything you throw at me. The "random" sh*t don't fly, fly boy, plenty ways around it these days and you ARE a dumbass.

You stoners manage to make yourselves look worse and worse every time you open your mouths. So much for weed being a *peaceful* drug. You clowns are angrier than ever. I can only imagine what other laws you guys break. Please excuse me if I dont feel bad once you become someones boyfriend while being incarcerated for a crime that you feel is ok to commit.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post

Everything you mention is legal, and in most cases, necessary.  I don't argue the downside of 3rd world sweatshops aside from the fact that if not for them, most of those employed there would have no job and no income at all.  It may not be a good thing, but in many cases its better than the alternative.

However, at this time pot is still illegal in the US, and supporting an illegal smuggling and distribution trade to enrich violent criminal enterprises, foreign and domestic, just doesn't remotely fall into the same category as buying a shirt made in Indonesia.

Dude, you make the worst argumanets I have ever read. So because the Nike's you wear or whatever TF you wear is made by child labor, it is OK. Well, that is a very simplistic and selfish look at the world. Did Rush teach you this or Beck. Maybe it was Hannity or Bachman. And yes as far as the Federal govt. is concerned it is still illegal. You ever hear of "States Rights"?

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Originally Posted by ilikefishes

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Dude, you make the worst argumanets I have ever read. So because the Nike's you wear or whatever TF you wear is made by child labor, it is OK. Well, that is a very simplistic and selfish look at the world. Did Rush teach you this or Beck. Maybe it was Hannity or Bachman. And yes as far as the Federal govt. is concerned it is still illegal. You ever hear of "States Rights"?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Hate to pop your balloon, but states rights is a conservative platform.   I'm all for shrinking the federal government and passing a lot of those issues to the states.  That would be the fastest way to achieving a cure for the federal deficit.  But once they get their hands on something they never let it go.  The current administration is determined to hasten our road to bankruptcy by taking more rights away from us and then taxing us to pay for it.  We get rammed from both ends.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

-Landon

You stoners manage to make yourselves look worse and worse every time you open your mouths. So much for weed being a *peaceful* drug. You clowns are angrier than ever. I can only imagine what other laws you guys break. Please excuse me if I dont feel bad once you become someones boyfriend while being incarcerated for a crime that you feel is ok to commit.

Never mind, you're not worth it. An admitted "sales weasel". I know you have no morals or ethics, please carry on and entertain yourself.

-Landon

WOW!! This guy can be VP! Such passion!  Chris...is that you?....calling out the daughter and the wife...it's gotta be you...LOL!!

Where were this guy and Johnny when Cali had the opportunity to make this stuff legal...(LOL...not in Cali).

Originally Posted by punkherper

OMFG man I had to stop this right here get a life!!!! get that golf club outta ur buddies ass u punk....dude you so close minded if I ever see you i shoot you in the head I bet you open up!!!! marijuana is a drug but a very VERY weak drug compared you your pills and alcohol you consume!?!?!?! GET A LIFE DUUUDE I swear its people like you I dont mind running up to a knocking straight out and trying to stomp some sense into your dense ass skull....Karma will come you wanna seriously compare smoking "weed" to people who smoke meth? I smoke plenty off weed and have for years and never once even thought about trying that garbage!!!!and your not contributing to drug cartels unless you buy shitty weed.....PERIOD stupid get your head outta your daughters snatch and grow up!!!! im out all I wanted to do is make you feel like a piece of shit I hope I accomplished that people like you are TRASH to society and give NORMAL people HARD WORKING people like us who like to get a little loose after a hard day at work c'mon by the way I had sex with your wife!(while we were smoking pot)

callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo 10 deg Driver
callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo Hybrids 2 thru 4
taylormade.gif R9 Irons 5-GW 
ping.gif Eye 2 Lob Wedge dunlop.gif FZ Sand Wedge
ping.gif Karsten 1959 Zing Putter

Don't listen to this guy he buys weed twice a month...and he breaks the sodomy law...and he drinks on Sundays.

Originally Posted by meenman

callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo 10 deg Driver
callaway.gif Big Bertha Diablo Hybrids 2 thru 4
taylormade.gif R9 Irons 5-GW 
ping.gif Eye 2 Lob Wedge dunlop.gif FZ Sand Wedge
ping.gif Karsten 1959 Zing Putter

Stoner golf can be relaxing as long as your comfortable with your game. If you have any issues with your game they will be magnified greatly with paranoia etc.

Taylormade tour burner irons

Tour burner driver 10.5

Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15

Ray Cook M1x putter

Ray Cook 56 wedge

Bridgestone e6 golfball

footjoy Glove

That actually made me laugh. Good one.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

..it's funny we're still debating the leaglize issue after  nearly FIFTY years!!! yeah..it's been that long !!  I'm of the opinion that had it been legalized back then, whatever monies that were spent since would have been better spent shoring up other areas of financial need. I also think theres' more dangerous drugs on the streets that we need to eradicate, by any means necessary....

Getting high and listening to music is amazing. If there was no such thing as music, I would never smoke again.

I've tried getting drunk and listening to music, but it's nowhere near as fun. Plus I tend to just fall right asleep mid-song.... sooner than I want to on my day off work.

I'd have to smoke a ton to pass out, which I've never done and would never want to.  But all it takes is 6 shots of jack daniels, and I can never stay awake through a cd.

Drugs are bad. M'kay.

I change my swing every time I don't shoot par for the course.

Best Round: 89 at Lake Park Golf Course, Lewisville, TX   66.5/102

Note: This thread is 2727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!